It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I will probably regret this in the morning, but I would like to point that the Clementine photos are not true colour, don't take them as such.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Aristarchus crater is 26 miles (42 kilometers) in diameter and approximately 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) in depth, and sits at the southeastern edge of the Aristarchus plateau. The plateau is noted for its rich array of geologic features, including a dense concentration of lunar volcanic rilles (river-valley-like landforms that resulted from the collapse of lunar lava tubes), source vents, and volcanic materials that erupted in giant explosive events. Aristarchus is one of the youngest large craters on the Moon. It probably formed between 100 and 900 million years ago.

This view of the lunar impact crater Aristarchus and adjacent features (Herodotus crater, Schroter's Valley rille) illustrates the ultraviolet and visible wavelength characteristics of this geologically diverse region of the Moon. The two inset images illustrate one preliminary approach for isolating differences due to such effects as composition, soil maturity, mixing, and impact ejecta emplacement. The color composite in the lower right focuses on the 26-mile-diameter (42-kilometer-diameter) Aristarchus impact crater, and employs ultraviolet- to visible-color-ratio information to accentuate differences that are potentially diagnostic of ilmenite- (i.e, titanium oxide) bearing materials as well as pyroclastic glasses.

The same is the case for the image of a section of Schroter's Valley (rille) in the upper right. Bluer units in these spectral-ratio images suggest enrichment in opaque phases in a relative sense. The magenta color indicates dark mantle material which scientists believe contains titanium-bearing pyroclastic material.

The symphony of color within the Aristarchus crater clearly shows a diversity of materials — anorthosite, basalt, and olivine. The impact crater actually cut through a mare highlands boundary with superposed pyroclastics - a unique geologic setting on the Moon! The distinctive tongue of material extending out of the crater's southeastern rim is thought to be very olivine-rich material, based on Earth-based spectra and Clementine visible and infrared imaging data.

North is at the top in these images. They pretty much Debunk Lears claims of the " real " NASA photos of being doctored..
Thanks to NASA and of course Hubble.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by ArMaP

I would like to point that the Clementine photos are not true colour

ArMaP let me respectfully suggest you take that old horse out and shoot it dead!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
Aristarchus crater is 26 miles (42 kilometers) in diameter and approximately 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) in depth, and sits at the southeastern edge of the Aristarchus plateau. The plateau is noted for its rich array of geologic features, including a dense concentration of lunar volcanic rilles (river-valley-like landforms that resulted from the collapse of lunar lava tubes), source vents, and volcanic materials that erupted in giant explosive events. Aristarchus is one of the youngest large craters on the Moon. It probably formed between 100 and 900 million years ago.

This view of the lunar impact crater Aristarchus and adjacent features (Herodotus crater, Schroter's Valley rille) illustrates the ultraviolet and visible wavelength characteristics of this geologically diverse region of the Moon. The two inset images illustrate one preliminary approach for isolating differences due to such effects as composition, soil maturity, mixing, and impact ejecta emplacement. The color composite in the lower right focuses on the 26-mile-diameter (42-kilometer-diameter) Aristarchus impact crater, and employs ultraviolet- to visible-color-ratio information to accentuate differences that are potentially diagnostic of ilmenite- (i.e, titanium oxide) bearing materials as well as pyroclastic glasses.

The same is the case for the image of a section of Schroter's Valley (rille) in the upper right. Bluer units in these spectral-ratio images suggest enrichment in opaque phases in a relative sense. The magenta color indicates dark mantle material which scientists believe contains titanium-bearing pyroclastic material.

The symphony of color within the Aristarchus crater clearly shows a diversity of materials — anorthosite, basalt, and olivine. The impact crater actually cut through a mare highlands boundary with superposed pyroclastics - a unique geologic setting on the Moon! The distinctive tongue of material extending out of the crater's southeastern rim is thought to be very olivine-rich material, based on Earth-based spectra and Clementine visible and infrared imaging data.

North is at the top in these images. They pretty much Debunk Lears claims of the " real " NASA photos of being doctored..
Thanks to NASA and of course Hubble.

the linked image you sent us to is not likely what you meant to send us to.

it was a banner or something. can you provide the actual image for analysis?

I would ask you where you got all your information. it seems to me that we have a bunch of "educated" guesses listed in your posting from various scientists.

Words like "probably" are not very scientific and show that the understanding is just not there.

it just doesn't add up.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
ArMaP let me respectfully suggest you take that old horse out and shoot it dead!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
I do not like cruelty against animals, so I will be kind and will just let it go to other, greener (and true colour
) pastures.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
the linked image you sent us to is not likely what you meant to send us to.

it was a banner or something. can you provide the actual image for analysis?
That site probably does not allow external links to their images.

You must copy the link and paste it to see the image.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I would ask you where you got all your information. it seems to me that we have a bunch of "educated" guesses listed in your posting from various scientists.

Words like "probably" are not very scientific and show that the understanding is just not there.

it just doesn't add up.

Pic is working for me

The information posted is courtesy of NASA

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Fowl Play]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Its easy to find someones source if they don't provide it, just highlight a paragraph, copy and paste the entire paragraph (or long sentence) into Google.

Doing that yields (for me anyway sometimes its flaky) the following:
hubblesite.org...
and the google search gives only one link conveniently:
google link

Also tinyurl.com is your friend, for long url's and some urls that ATS blocks (for one reason or another)...Just tinyurlit and paste the link...

[edit on 6/29/2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The civilization on the moon (I don't know the population but it has to be in the millions) is made up of beings from all other planets in our solar system.

I don't know what they do there but they have been there as long as the moon has been in orbit around the earth. Maybe longer.

The fact that the moon has a civilization in the millions is the biggest secret in the history of mankind. We are not supposed to know about it. I don't know why not. However, NASA, the Space Command, The U.S. Navy and the U.S. Air Force know all about it!

One of the keys to keeping the secret is to convince mankind that there is no air and no gravity and that it is dark all the time. This, of course is not true.

You can't be Serious?!

A viable atmosphere on the moon? For any 'body' to hold an atmosphere (let alone a viable one) depends on the temperature and the gravitational pull of that body.

To sum up decades of research, the moon has a low temperature (mean surface temperature of around –23C) and a weak gravitational pull (around 1/6th that of the Earth). So in effect, the Moon is so small and cold that there is no way it could contain a breathable atmosphere for any life.

Instead the moon maintains a very delicate atmosphere, which only has a total mass of around 10,000Kg (most of this atmosphere is made up of Hydrogen, Helium and Neon captured from the solar wind) compare this to Earths 5,000 trillion metric ton atmosphere and you can see what I mean!

In effect what you are suggesting goes against the concepts of what keeps an atmosphere on Earth. Before I was willing to consider your ideas of a possible Alien Lunar facility, under the concept that the base would have a self contained atmosphere. But now...

...millions on the moon? From other Planets in our Solar System?!

Why don't you take a look at this to refresh your memory on what is actually in our Solar System. Also, notice anything about the 'body's' around the size of the moon and smaller? That's right, they all lack high density (if any at all) atmospheres.

…well to sum it up...all I can really say is sorry but I think you are wrong. Very wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hey did anyone check these out (check out each page of the thread) and Mr. John Lear what do you think??

I was with VA-215 (the "Barn Owls") we drove A-7"s off the '' USS ORISKANY.

I have a pretty keen eye and think that I found a "real" skull here.

what do you think Mr. Lear?? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!

Ruff

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101
Why don't you take a look at this to refresh your memory on what is actually in our Solar System. Also, notice anything about the 'body's' around the size of the moon and smaller? That's right, they all lack high density (if any at all) atmospheres.

…well to sum it up...all I can really say is sorry but I think you are wrong. Very wrong.

Thats a creakin awesome image, never seen it before, How would you print something like that out, it would make a nice poster!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

it just doesn't add up.

Pic is working for me
Link.
spacespin.org...

The information posted is courtesy of NASA

Here is the link that it links to:
spacespin.org...

the logo from the top of the page.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I have a pretty keen eye and think that I found a "real" skull here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its okay, but if you llike that one, this ones better:

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

spacespin.org...

My apologies
Pic -

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

spacespin.org...

My apologies
Pic -

Spectacular. Thanks. Sharing the desktop with the kids, and my laptop doesn't have any graphics programs. when i get a chance i am gonna "play" with the image.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 29-6-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes greatlakes I've seen that on Hoaglands site and heard him talk about it on coast to coast but I think mine is the real deal www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have had pros look at mine (without telling them where it was from "my print - outs" and all have said it was a skull)

Ruff

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain

The second comes from.....where?

If you are talking about the reactor at Aristarchus and you are asking where it comes from, the answer is:

The civilization on the moon (I don't know the population but it has to be in the millions) is made up of beings from all other planets in our solar system.

I don't know what they do there but they have been there as long as the moon has been in orbit around the earth. Maybe longer.

The fact that the moon has a civilization in the millions is the biggest secret in the history of mankind. We are not supposed to know about it. I don't know why not. However, NASA, the Space Command, The U.S. Navy and the U.S. Air Force know all about it!

One of the keys to keeping the secret is to convince mankind that there is no air and no gravity and that it is dark all the time. This, of course is not true.

The moon is a really exciting place. Technology beyond our wildest dreams. Spectacular mountain ranges, colorful deserts, huge domes, constructs, buildings; as Neil Armstrong said in his speech at the White House on the 25th Anniversary of the landing of Apollo 11: " There are great ideas undiscovered; breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truths protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief."

Neil should know. He's been there.

Today is June 29, 2007 and tonight is the full moon. Do me a favor. The full moon comes up about 8pm. Go outside about 8:30 or 9. Look up at the moon and ask yourself, "Is there any possibility John Lear is correct? Could we really have been scammed by NASA? Could there really be a civilization up there?

Or is John Lear just a crazy old coot who's sipped way, way too much XO?

Was asking where the second "photo" came from! No need to wax eloquent on my behalf!
lol

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Zenagain]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by Chupa101

Thanks Chupa101 for your post. All members especially new members are always appreciated. I noticed that you registered 3 days ago. Welcome. While your comments are appreciated I don't belive that in 3 days you availed yourself of the previous 189 pages of this thread. You are always welcome but even more welcome when you have an informed comment. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join