It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESA produces inconclusive Apollo 11 pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The European Space Agency have produced a picture of the Apollo 11 landing site with a resolution of 159m per pixel. It shows no detail whatsoever.

The press release is here : www.esa.int...

It's non-news really but I know many people were hoping for these pictures to deliver proof regarding the lunar missions.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
wheres the flag?

good find btw

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've got to tell ya... these photos look EVEN FAKER than the 'Apollo' shots.

If the worlds 'space agencies' are going to all serve up massaged pictures... Maybe they should just go ahead and get Pixar to do it...

The result is about as significant.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
159 metres per pixel ???

I could take a higher resolution shot than that from my back garden

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

If the worlds 'space agencies' are going to all serve up massaged pictures... Maybe they should just go ahead and get Pixar to do it...

The result is about as significant.

I have actually talked to some astronauts (I knew lovells grandson in school) and they get really pissed if you talk about the moon hoax idea. Trust me, they went there.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Everyone knows the moon is made of cheese ,zoom in on the apollo 11 landing site here

google moon

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow...

We are NOT worthy. We are NOT worthy.

>Trust me, they went there.

Sorry PBscientist, but those are the exact same type of assurances I got from the BBC (Blind Believers Club
) in the 'Moon hoax' thread.

Those, a quarter and a time machine will buy you a cup of coffee.

I am a scientist, an honest observer and have got two working brain cells... And I'm saying total bs.

Unfortunately, the resolution we are being handed in this pictures borders on the What are you kidding? It's not like this discussion is going anywhere.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

>Trust me, they went there.

Sorry PBscientist, but those are the exact same type of assurances I got from the BBC (Blind Believers Club
) in the 'Moon hoax' thread.

Unfortunately, the resolution we are being handed in this pictures borders on the What are you kidding? It's not like this discussion is going anywhere.

The whole trust me thing is based on what Lovell has said. It is just something where he doesn't seem to be lying at all, and you would think he would feel guilt or something if he was making all of this up and lying to the american people... That is really just a gut feeling that I can't actually prove.

If you want facts, look up badastronomy or something like that. I have an uncle who "works" for NASA (it's kind of weird, since he isn't actually a government employee, but he works at the NASA center in Cleveland) and he said that he talked to some of the guys there, and a lot of the "proofs" that it is a hoax are just BS from people trying to apply Earth style physics to a vacuum.

And yeah, I don't even know what the point of the picture is. If NASA wanted to cover it up as a hoax, they could probably draw on a little rover and flag and say "THERE IT IS!!" and nobody would know the difference...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It's a straight-forward common-or-garden satellite image of a part of the Moon - one of many thousands taken by Smart-1 Highlighted simply for media interested because it coincidently shows that part of the Moon where Apollo 11 landed.

But if you say it looks fake, does that mean you've been to the Moon and know better? Surely all they've done is airbrush out the alien cheddar and gorgonzola mines?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I am a scientist, an honest observer and have got two working brain cells... And I'm saying total bs.

Well I guess that explains a lot.

I'm not even a professional astronomer and even I have enough knowledge to know that the moon hoax theories are crap.

I don't see why some people have to be so pessimistic as to dismiss some of mankind's greatest accomplishments.

jra

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You're a scientist? What's your field of study. What kind of work do you do. Forgive me, but I really find it hard to believe that. I've seen your posts in other threads regarding the moon landings. But if you do only have two working brain cells, then I guess that does explain a lot.

If you knew anything about the SMART-1 probe, you'd know that it was not ment to image the moon in high res, it's goal wasn't to image the landing sites. They just did it if they happened to pass over. No one was planning on seeing anything in any detail. If you want to see satellite images of the landing sites, you'll have to wait till 2008 when NASA lanches its new moon probe. It will have half a meter per pixel resolution.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
> it was not ment to image the moon

Says it all...

I thought the Church of the Sacred NASA only met on the 'Moon Hoax' thread.

Try to play nice guys.

jra

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

> it was not ment to image the moon

Says it all...

Not ment to image the moon in High resolution. At least quote me correctly.
I know those two brain cells are working overtime, but try to put in a bit more effort

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Everyone knows the moon is made of cheese ,zoom in on the apollo 11 landing site here

google moon

Gee, you're wright!!! I think those guys at google are genii!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Are you sure that's what I meAnt?

That would be really good advice, if I was quoting you. I was totally making fun of you JRA.

All in good fun of course.

Mankinds 'greatest accomplishments'?

What? Vaporware?

The best marketers know to let the individuals own imaginations fill in the blanks. A lot like the entire scenario of the technology display required for the 'Apollo landings'. The true believers automagically fill in all of the blanks.

My opinions were basically in support of the thread authors contention that the photos were (convieniently
) inconclusive.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They were there. The hoax idea is as lame as all of the 9-11 conspiracy theories.

What they are covering up regarding the moon, however, is another story.
Full moon tonight, by the way.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
hey , i will show you

that is a simulation of what the 159m resolution pictures from SMART-1 looks like at pixel level .

each pixel has a colour , that is it it can be one colour or another - the entire pixel is the same colour , the number of permutations is determined by the colour depth of the image -- in the case of SMART-1 , IIRC it is 16bit greyscale

now with reference to APPOLLO equipment , the orange circle , black rectangle , and black dot are the SCALE sizes of , the lunar lander , a lunar rover and the flag/pole as they appear to be at the resolution that image [ 477m * 477m ]

now is it blinding obvious why the Apollo remains do not appear in the picture ?

and one final point , no one who has any grasp of science expected the Appollo remains to be visible

so please would people stop making fools of themselves by claiming thier absence [ from these pictures ] is an issue

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Let's try 10m resolution:

(c) JAXA / Selene

The picture has been taken by the Selene moon orbiter, sent to the moon by the Japanese Space Agency (JAXA). The red circle probably shows the halo created by the engine exhaust plume of the Apollo 17 lunar lander.

Before you you start laughing better go visiting

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

where you can find before and after landing comparisons which indeed seem to show some changes.

As outlined in this thread, there is more compelling photographic evidence available that at least Apollo 15 and 17 actually landed on the moon.

For those of you who do not want to visit this thread:
The Selene team has managed to create panoramic views of the landing sites by processing stereoscopic images taken by their orbiter. They then put these synthetic images next to images taken by the Apollo astronauts. Result: There is a striking similarity.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Xingili]

new topics

top topics

join