It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels in New Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Who can tell me anything about the tunnels or caves on the White Sands missile range? I've read things and chatted with a guy who worked there way back when, but I need more specific, detailed info.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Pretty unlikely.

It's a desert. Sand dunes.

Kinda hard to build tunnels in sand. If you did install concrete tunnels, etc, they'd be very easy to find with all the sand shifting around (they'd get unburied and reburied constantly.)

Tunnels between buildings on a base is VERY likely (no one likes to go out in the hot arid desert to get between buildings.) But elsewhere? No.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If it was deep enough, you could quite easily have tunnels in the desert. Don't know why you would though, other than between buildings, as byrd says. Thats not quite so mysterious though is it?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
woah hold your horses guys
white sands is famously linked with two sets of tunnels systems
the first is the fact that as white sands is a missile test base it was the base that the german V2 rockets were bought to after the war
the Peenemunde base where the V2 rocket was built was a tunnel complex consisting of 18 miles of heavily fortifed tunnels to prevent danage from allied bombing to the program which as most of you might know carried on til the day that the Germans signed the surrender

the second tunnels linked to white sands are actually on the base itself at Victorio Peak
see
www.wsmr.army.mil...

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There is an extensive complex of tunnels under the White Sands Missile Test Range. Sand doesn't go very deep as it is 'blown' into place. Area 29 is a particularly interesting place.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
the Peenemunde base where the V2 rocket was built was a tunnel complex consisting of 18 miles of heavily fortifed tunnels to prevent danage from allied bombing to the program which as most of you might know carried on til the day that the Germans signed the surrender

But not a 'straight line of tunnels leading somewhere.' An underground complex -- which really isn't a surprise.

the second tunnels linked to white sands are actually on the base itself at Victorio Peak see www.wsmr.army.mil...

Thanks for the link!

So... yes, there's tunnels but they don't lead anywhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Originally posted by Byrd

So... yes, there's tunnels but they don't lead anywhere.

Byrd, is it my understanding that you have information that there are no tunnels that lead anywhere underneath the New Mexican desert area known as the White Sands Missile Test Range? Source, please. Thanks.

If you can't post a source I would respectfully request that that you preceed any statement by "It is my sheer speculation that..."

However, if you have been in those tunnels and found that they don't lead anywhere please accept my sincere apologies.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the response, guys.
I was writing in reference to things I read about a tunnel with stairs that go down to....who know where. According to the sources, it was Probably a really old tunnel, which is what I'm looking for, I don't care about exploring some military installation. The writings (and the firsthand report I got) mentioned scrabble peak, or near there.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
check out dulce

and FWIW , I'd

never ever ever

venture into one of those.

no thanks...

toasted

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have lived here my whole life, and I can tell you that there is a tunnel that goes from the WSMR HQ, all the way to Kirtland AFB, with stops at NASA, and Holloman AFB. Among many many others.

They were built in the 40's and 50's to ship nukes here and there. They have super high speed trains, that operate like the mono rail at disney land, only they suck a perfect vacuum into the tunnels, so they trains encounter no air resistance.

Oscura Peak is a giant D.U.M.B (the real area 51, called area 29 by some). Los Alamos is a giant D.U.M.B. Kirtland AFB is also a D.U.M.B where they have about 2,500 nuclear weapons. (that's the 3rd most in the world, we only get beat by Russia, and the U.S.A)

They took the Nazi rocket scientists to New Mexico after the war, we also captured the Nazi flying saucer program, and have continued testing to this day.

I keep seeing these blue orbs coming and going from white sands missile range all the time at night, they look like bolides with no tail. It's freaky.

top topics

join