It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more greenday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why is there a 'green' level on our fear index issued to us by DHS?
Will we ever see a greenday?
What purpose does the green level serve? As a reminder of happier times?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the threat level is merely a tactic used to incite fear and bolster poll numbers, of course we won't see green. we won't even see blue

though i'm confused as to why they messed up the color spectrum for the threat levels

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought that you were talking about the rock-goth band ? hmm I guess thats what their names symbology is....you learn something everyday huh.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm not American... is there some where to view the index daily? I only hear about it sometimes when it is moved to orange or yellow (or something).

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'm not American... is there some where to view the index daily? I only hear about it sometimes when it is moved to orange or yellow (or something).

You can find it at the Department Of Homeland Security's homepage.

I assume it would be the most accurate place

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The terror alert level will go down to green when the Republicans occupy the White House, and 100% of the seats in the House and Senate. Not one moment before.

I saw a great video piece where Keith Oberman from MSNBC catalogued all the terror alerts since the system was instituted, each came within a day or two of some kind of setback or embarassment for the White House. Meanwhile when the CIA would release information regarding specific intel of planned attacks, the alert level stayed the same.

Leading up to the 2004 election it kept changing. Ater the 2004 election it was ignored for about a year.

It's a Bush political danger level indicator

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks pstiffy

Originally posted by marcopolo
I thought that you were talking about the rock-goth band ? hmm I guess thats what their names symbology is....you learn something everyday huh.

The Homeland Security Advisory System was unveiled March 12, 2002.
Green Day's first album, 39/Smooth, was released July 1, 1991.

Allegedly, they chose the name after a marijuana slang reference and performed the first show as Green Day in the courtyard of Contra Costa College, a junior college in San Pablo where Kiffmeyer attended as a journalism student.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

I saw a great video piece where Keith Oberman from MSNBC catalogued all the terror alerts since the system was instituted, each came within a day or two of some kind of setback or embarassment for the White House. Meanwhile when the CIA would release information regarding specific intel of planned attacks, the alert level stayed the same.

Leading up to the 2004 election it kept changing. Ater the 2004 election it was ignored for about a year.

You know, I would like to see that vid if you can find it. Thats a keeper.
I had a feeling that the fear-level correlated with setbacks and embarassments, but Im too lazy to do the research for the figures and I find it much easier to show a vid then to get someone to read something. A vid like that would be a great addition to my 'tool-box'.

So everybody thinks that there will never be another greenday?
Is that the popular consensus?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Every day is green as far as I'm concerned. I never paid much attention to that colored terror scale thing, or whatever it's called.
I noticed long ago, they were useing it mostly to distract the American Public from certain issues that came up. Or for political gain.
What is that saying?
"The only thing to fear is fear itself"
Inciteing fear is a good method of controlling a population. I guess I'm "out of control".

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Green Day is when:
-Iraq is as safe to travel to as the Vatican City
-Osama bin Laden is strung up by his tidy whities infront of the white house
-Sadam Hussein dies of boredom / hunger strike
-Iran stop playing with nuclear energy
-George Bush's approval rating above 80%
-Fidel Castro and Vladimir Putin admit they love America and wants to embrace their version of democracy

yeah...think that about sums it up?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I guess I'm "out of control".

That makes two of us.
Its funny, because when I talk to people about whats really going on in our world, they often times think that I am 'worried' or 'afraid', when nothing could be further from the truth. Somehow me pointing out the lies and problems in the world gets percieved as fear. I dont understand it. THey are the ones that fear 'islamo-fascist' are behind ever tree with a WMD waiting to destroy America. WHAT A JOKE. The only fear I have is the fear that good honest people will continue to be deceived, but thats in Gods hands.
He showed me the truth when I used to be as blind as the others, so I know he will wake up whom-so-ever he chooses.
I feel so free and happy that God has opened my eyes that I laugh at the color coded fear index.
The media gives us fear every day and I literally laugh at my TV most evenings.
Bird flu is here, DONT GO OUTSIDE, fear mosquitoes,
and REGULAR flu season is here, hurry up and get your VACCINATION before we run out (fear of shortage) or you may get sick,
and violent crime is up and energy prices climb and heavy hurricane season this year and now there is a SEVERE STORM WARNING for my county until 4 am and on and on...
You hit the nail on the head, Fear is used as a control mechanism, and if your not in fear, then you are 'out of control'!
Well put, and nice shoes too.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Five years plus, and still no greenday.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Five years plus, and still no greenday.

Thats like asking when will Earth ever see peace in 1 minute.

top topics

join