It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new idea for ATS improvements...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
After reading through some of the excellent suggestions we received in our surveys, I'm going to bring public an idea that may address the feeling of several suggestions in one fell-swoop.

Forum Subject Matter Experts

FSME's are members (or moderators) who have been hand picked by all of us (members and staff) for their exemplary history of knowledge on a particular subject area associated with a topical forum on ATS.

Here's how it might work as an example for the topical forums.

An FSME would be designated for each topical forum. Some busy forums might have two FSME's, some slower forums might share one qualified FSME. Anyone qualifies, from new members able to show their expertise, to old crusty moderators. It's the job of FSME's to help guide interesting topics in their forums, answer topical questions from newbies, and overall make an effort to help maintain content quality.

One of the first tasks an FSME might do is look through the history of a forum, and create a toped thread that has links to old threads and posts that help give a bird's-eye-view of the forum's topic.

In reality, an FSME is somewhere between member and moderator.... but different. Where moderators work to maintain civility and decorum, FSME's work to maintain quality and relevance.

okay... what's next?

Let's make sure this idea is workable... discuss... add your comments.

then what?

We'll take nominations for FSME's for each topical forum on ATS. We'll create a new survey, that allows everyone to vote on their first and second choices for each topical forum.

Oh... and if you're an FSME, you will have edit powers over posts in your forum, and receive moderator salary (ATS points). Not to mention, subject matter expert status on the Internet's premier conspiracy discussion board.

comments?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
excellent idea william, i think it will work great

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Not a bad idea. You should make the Col. the FSME of the Mud Pit.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm interested!

A very useful contribution, not just in an archival sense.

Can you point out the distinctions and limitations of what an FSME does as compared with a Mod? (In due course). How will they relate to Mods?

Will Mods get a FSME bonus when they are FSMEs or is that absorbed into their Mod status?

Can someone be a Mod-FSME-Writer-Fighter-Scholar?

Good quality-focused stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
hmm...fun fun way of finding new moderators. It would make the other people actually work harder....
[Edited on 3-11-2003 by mysteriousbob]

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by mysteriousbob]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
FSME would be a board designation, like member, moderator, etc. FMSE's would be writers, scholars, fighters automatically.

Moderators tend to be more like cops. (no offense to the mods... but that's pretty much the design of the role)

FSME's would be more like editorial directors.

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by William]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
enlist em...

just give free speach to all....

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
But would the FSME have access to cosmic .... do they get to mod Cosmic?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
quick question, how would you become a fighter, writer, or scholar...is that a nomination thing?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriousbob
quick question, how would you become a fighter, writer, or scholar...is that a nomination thing?

Fighters participate in debates
Writers contribute to collaborative fiction
Scholars contribute to research projects
More here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
you debate, have lead a research thread and write something. I could never figure out where my writer came from cause i never wrote anything. (and I had it for a while too)

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
so how do i partcipate in a debate?

I'm really sorry to get off track here, but i'm sorta new.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Get in touch with John Bull 1 to find out when the next debate tournament starts.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
But would the FSME have access to cosmic ....

Dunno yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
And and..how about *Dream interpretations by Magestica* heheheh?? I think that is my field of expertise if there is one..I can see it now, dedicating my extra time living and interpreting others' dreams and nightmares eeek! OK I'm game but that's 2 for the price of one..so how about it William? I think it will go over nicely, everyone loves sharing their dreams/nightmares/etc..

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, if it's an Editorial Director, then I prefer:

FED = Forum Editorial Director.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
what does cosmic mean ?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
what does cosmic mean ?

its a secret..........shhhhhh..............cannot tell you

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Too Many Secrets.....hehe

what movie?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Infinite... and you adopted me to teach me the way..
oh well, it's a secret I guess...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join