It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone met Dr Greer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hehe. I'm trying to remain impartial here. But even I must admit that that just doesn't sound good. I'm trying to think of some reasonable reason they would do that.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Has anyone tried emailing this question to the official website?

Toc

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
I would not pay that much money. But that is an investment choice you have to make. Personally, I cannot begin to understand the argument of 'we need money to continue our mission' when the mission wouldbe over weeks if you simply showed enough people how to vector them in for free.

I mean, that would expand exponentially, would it not, as people showed each other how to do it?

Or is the evidence "In your mind" and you can't see them "through your eyes" or something like that? In that case, I think I will keep my $800 to save up for a doppler lidar.

Well, i'm not sure about you, but for most of the people, money is still used to feed your family, pay the rent and the incoming education fees? No?

Another thing i like about a entry fee. It filters out all the undesireable people, leaving only people that are willing to invest time and money into it.

Anyway, that's how i see things. So if you have the ET subject so much at heart, why is there so many people willing to complain, and so little willing to act. This is what i find aggrevating...

You people also seem to think that such an enterprise can be handle by one single man.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Toc]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I dont know what to think of the "vectoring" thing, but you cant say hes a nut case and totally in it for the money. Look at all the other things hes doing. he has over 400 witnesses to this stuff, almost all of whom are from the military and other parts of the government with all their credentials that you can look at yourself if you want too. you cant say that what hes trying to do and is doing is totally out there and that hes out of his mind.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would like to clarify something I find important regarding Steven Greer's fundraising efforts with The Disclosure Project... notice I say "fundraising" and not "money-grabbing"! Ofcourse he is not out to make money! You have got to be kidding me! Here is a quote from CSETI as to what they need financial support for:

"We really need financial support so we can do field research, video tape more witnesses, do a Disclosure News service, create a documentary, and put on another press conference, not to mention get the energy devices out to the public. We don't have any independent funding source - it's all at the grassroots level with the support of members such as everyone here, which we do very much appreciate. "

So before you all decide to totally assasinate Greer's character, think about some of these things first... granted, most of you are not able to do that very well and I realize that it can be challenging. You can always just turn off the computer and turn on the T.V. and continue to limit your understanding of reality!

Go back to sleep...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I should write that it is hard for most of you who scoff at Greer and D.P. (and any positive effort to help the world that seems hard to understand) to think in a holistic manner free from the paranoia that everyone isn't just corrupt and selfish...

My guess is that the people who have these absurdly cynical points of view are just nihilistic atheists who have no meaning in their own life and just think everything is random meaningless B.S. Well, you can take that point of view and project it onto EVERYTHING! Notice how evil that is... and selfish. Keep your unproductive cynicism to yourself and stop projecting negative chaos deeper and deeper into the world, or karma will come out and kick your ass.

In other words: I LOVE YOU and admin edit: removed childish censor circumvention

[edit on 8-31-2006 by Springer]

Toc

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by geogaddi00
I would like to clarify something I find important regarding Steven Greer's fundraising efforts with The Disclosure Project... notice I say "fundraising" and not "money-grabbing"! Ofcourse he is not out to make money! You have got to be kidding me! Here is a quote from CSETI as to what they need financial support for:

"We really need financial support so we can do field research, video tape more witnesses, do a Disclosure News service, create a documentary, and put on another press conference, not to mention get the energy devices out to the public. We don't have any independent funding source - it's all at the grassroots level with the support of members such as everyone here, which we do very much appreciate. "

So before you all decide to totally assasinate Greer's character, think about some of these things first... granted, most of you are not able to do that very well and I realize that it can be challenging. You can always just turn off the computer and turn on the T.V. and continue to limit your understanding of reality!

Go back to sleep...

Thank you geogaddi00 for the support. I was starting to think I was the only one backing up M. Greer.

Sometimes it feels like people think money grows on the trees...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
geogaddi00 - No one in this thread has made unsubstantited opinions about Dr. Greers claims. As they are opinions based on a series of discusions on Greer, we are entitled to such.

Dr. Greer is entiltled to pursue his UFO business career in whichever form he pleases. And those who believe the damage his pursuits do the community as a whole are just as entitled to call him and his kind on it.

As for myself and I imagine others, no one will not resort to judgemental remarks on people willing to follow Greer. I don't see the need tp spawn any hate there. I guess if that does't suit you though, please take yourself up on your last suggestion. In the meantime no one here is asking for you to STFU.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Keep your unproductive cynicism to yourself and stop projecting negative chaos deeper and deeper into the world, or karma will come out and kick your ass.

In other words: I LOVE YOU and SHUT THE F___ UP!

I guess it's easier to say shut the f*&k up then address the issues like an adult.

First. Greer has brought some people in to give their accounts of Govt involvement, and those people (if truthful) are to be commended, so is Greer for initiating that. Thats a given. No argument from me.

But,this man Greer has made claims of "vectoring" in craft very close, on nationwide TV, and later holds "classes" on how to do it, for a substancial cost...and has never shown evidence to support the ability. If you dispute that, then pony it up. Otherwise youre all wet.

You want to pay 800.00 for your "truth", thats your issue. All one need do is read the black and white print on the website. I know all too well what it takes to do such a program orientated presentation, and 725-800 bucks is flat out stupid. Wanna fund research? Ask for donations. If people feel strongly enough for your work, you'll get it.

No, Greer asks for "donations" to the tune of "Fee: A minimum $600 donation to The Disclosure Project (more is appreciated)." There is even different title levels based on how much you "donate", so you feel like an important dude.

Google cashe-d page of donation information

I will continue to stand up and call for some sanity when it comes to study of this subject, despite the self important rantings by you to "Keep your unproductive cynicism to yourself".

I dont deny anyone the opportunity to make a living, but when the product is someone teaching you how to establish contact with aliens, with no evidence that such a thing even works or is viable...do I have to go on?

His new book? I hope he does well with it. Now thats something to get paid for...writing is work, and getting it published is too. Thats honest work even if you dont believe a word of what he says. Being a writer is a profession where you do work and get paid for it. To boot, you couldnt write and publish and do it for free, printers, publishers, agents...etc.

Teaching people how to initate contact protocol with "aliens" for $800 per person, and having particpation agreements (non disclosures) is a joke. Especially when there's no presented evidence that it works. Do you not get that??
You wanna hold a lecture? No sweat! Charge for travel and loging, and a modest fee for your time if you wish...but excessive is just that...excessive. With Greer, it seems to me, to be at every turn. Whats more, it smells like "proprietary". Why so?

To make more money. Those who pay, get the gold of the information...if that information is crap or not.

When you tell me to "shut the f&*k up", you've proven what kind of person you are when faced with opposition to your views, and reinforced my opinion of a "cult like" mentality when it comes to many of these groups seemingly bent on turning a matter of importance to everyone, into a product to be bought and sold.

I'll take a look at the "vectored in" craft videos whenever you want to present it.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I dont know if this will make any difference in your view but he was in Pheonix when the Pheonix lights happened. He's talked about it on coast to coast a while ago. Not saying that the lights were really ufos(thats another subject), i just thought that was pretty interesting

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
jritzmann and nullster:

blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

blah blah blah blah

removed childish censor circumvention

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
People have been slagging Greer for years on this ____ message board, and I am sick of ATS and all of the blah blah BS- so, I left my final comments to you. Take it or leave it,admin edit: removed childish name calling

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Perhaps Greer's mission is to identify and gather together as many credible UFO witnesses as he can and then discredit them by association to himself.

At first he seemed like a pretty level headed individual but then once the press conference happened he starts making these outrageous claims.

Either he is purposefully making himself out to be a fool or he as been the target of mind control techniques to do this for him.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I dont know what they make out of these lectures etc and I dont rally care. I cant imagine its worth the effort of doing that if you're just doing it for profit though. If people want to pay for things like that, thats there business.

I don't know Dr. Greer personally and neither do you I take it? It just rubs me the wrong way when people attack someone based on "what people have told them" and what "ufo watchdog say". As far as i can tell, he has made more of an effort to get open congressional hearings on the subject then anyone else and thats good enough for me.

If theres people better qualified for leading a mission like the disclosure project, why havent they've done it then?

As far as your claims.. No, I havent investigated your case simply cause I find it to be a waste of time - just like I found Serpo to be a waste of time. Maybe I was to quick to call it a sci-fi story, but after reading a couple of posts of yours on that thread; my common sense told me it was bs.

Toc

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, i'm going to meet the man in 2 days. I can only tell you, i can't hold on place right now
. This is going to be my first trip outside Canada as well.

Once i'm back, i'll make a full report and will let you guys know how it went.

Geo, my friend, don't get worked out. There is all kind of people comming on these boards with different opinions. Most of what we read here is what people have been told by people or by reading. There isn't many people willing to take actions. They prefer to sit their butt in front of the comp, and spit out garbage as fast as it gets in, with no foundation.

Just ignore them and move on. There is a lot of good and intelligent people on ATS. Those are worth talking too. I think it's worth putting up with the garbage, just for fact we can exchange with the good people in here.

Toc

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
Perhaps Greer's mission is to identify and gather together as many credible UFO witnesses as he can and then discredit them by association to himself.

At first he seemed like a pretty level headed individual but then once the press conference happened he starts making these outrageous claims.

Either he is purposefully making himself out to be a fool or he as been the target of mind control techniques to do this for him.

Dr. Greer gave himself 3 missions.

CSeti : Ambassadorial contacts with ETIs, including complex protocols and methods.

Disclosure Project : Disclose information related to ET, including the Tech so we can start making this place a better world.

Seaspower : Support for Scientists in new technology research.

From what I understand, he has been informing the population slowly, with very unusual information. This has to be done slowly, cause people can only take so much at a time. It has to be taken by small chunks.

But the problem is that we are running out of time, and we are really, REALLY, messing up our planet. How much more of that can earth sustain?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toc

Once i'm back, i'll make a full report and will let you guys know how it went.
I'll hold you to that promise=].
Please be sure to tell us how it was if you look at it in a non-partial way. I mean, let's say you meet new friends and have a really good time and sh*t.. don't let that distort the way you look at the actual lecture and all.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by DigThat]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

jritzmann and nullster:

blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

blah blah blah blah

SHUT THE F___ UP!

LOL...someone has a bad case of internet balls.

I rest my case.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Toc,

Please let us know how it goes. And also, to those that have gotten extremely angry, also understand that I'm not judging Dr. Greer. I don't know the man. I'm just cannot understand the following:

Given:
Greer needs money to fight a protracted media campaign.
Greer can 'vector in' craft for people to observe.

Why does Greer not simply do a tour of the country, vectoring in craft for everyone to see at each event? He could do it at a major UFO conference, for example, and immediaterly gain 100s of interested people. As his claims became clearer to more and more people, his popularity would grow exponentially. The tour would recover its originaol investment, pay for itself, and beyond. By the end of the tour he would be filling up stadiums and the government would have no recourse but to spill the beans that something was going on.

THEN one could begin a protracted media campaign in which he challenged whatever bull**** detractors, presumably, would come up with to explain it away.

So what's the scoop? Is the phenomena just much less spectacular? Is it not visible? I'd just like the heads up, Toc. Something about how it works must make it such that the above technique won't work. So he has to bring people in and show them subtle evidence. That's OK, but it means that it might lead to a faith based arugment, which I would find lacking.

Is that the case? Where is my thinking going wrong?

So please inform us of what is going on (If the information is private, you can U2U me) when you get the opportunity. I mean, when he says he can vector in a UFO, I assume he means he can vector in a UFO.

As for the other poster who got very upset. I'm sorry that people's criticisms have hurt you so much. I think, unfortunately, that kind of friction is always going to be around here. The best way I've found to deal with it is to focus on whatever information you have that supports your position. That could be a personal story, something you believe to be true, or whatever.

Would you like to share some stories or evidence that makes you take the position you do? I'd love to hear it and I am not critical of other people on the forums unless they start insulting other ATSers. I may question your ideas, but only out of mutual respect for truth and understanding. Its never a personal attack.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigThat
As far as your claims.. No, I havent investigated your case simply cause I find it to be a waste of time - just like I found Serpo to be a waste of time. Maybe I was to quick to call it a sci-fi story, but after reading a couple of posts of yours on that thread; my common sense told me it was bs.

I truthfully couldnt care less what you think, I just wanted to watch you backpeddle and admit you havent read hardly anything before being so quick to judge. The snap judgement says alot for why youre here defending all this. I guess your common sense says it's ok for someone to charge for everything, and sign papers to even participate. I guess thats ok when youre another anonymous face on the internet, as you dont have to be accountable.

I should note I dont know Greer personally but I dont base anything other then more comments by UFO watchdog and others. What I do base it on is the website information and documents placed therein. All one need do is look.

No problem, I've said my last on this thread. At a certain point it becomes a complete waste of time talking to geniuses.

Toc-good luck on the trip, enjoy it. Unfortunately if you've signed your participation papers you wont be able to say much about the proceedings. Good luck nonetheless.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by jritzmann]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join