It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone met Dr Greer?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Certain people seem in capable of having a discussion on these subjects like grown up, polite adults?

Is it possible that children who are not emotionally developed enough to control their anger when someone disagrees with them are running all over the internet?

If that's the case, and you are a pre teen or a teenager, or a hot headed "know-it-all" adult who isn't mature/in control of oneself enough to have a discussion with educated and intelligent adults without resorting to pitiful name calling, insults or snide remarks, do yourself a FAVOR.... DON'T POST HERE.

This forum is reserved for those who understand how to discuss controversial subject matter and endure differing opinions, beliefs or concepts without blowing their top.

Not only is "not blowing your top" required, so is staying on topic, OFF the personalities of your fellow members, courteousness and civil discourse, and having something of value to say that actually ADDS to the conversation.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

His new book? I hope he does well with it. Now thats something to get paid for...writing is work, and getting it published is too. Thats honest work even if you dont believe a word of what he says. Being a writer is a profession where you do work and get paid for it. To boot, you couldnt write and publish and do it for free, printers, publishers, agents...etc.

I have his new book and started reading it last night. I was expecting some incredible photo evidence included and smaller print. It is actually a transcript of his many talks.

Toc

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Toc,

Please let us know how it goes. And also, to those that have gotten extremely angry, also understand that I'm not judging Dr. Greer. I don't know the man. I'm just cannot understand the following:

Given:
Greer needs money to fight a protracted media campaign.
Greer can 'vector in' craft for people to observe.

Why does Greer not simply do a tour of the country, vectoring in craft for everyone ....

Would you like to share some stories or evidence that makes you take the position you do? I'd love to hear it and I am not critical of other people on the forums unless they start insulting other ATSers. I may question your ideas, but only out of mutual respect for truth and understanding. Its never a personal attack.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

I'll will most likely doing a report of some sort. I'm a real beginners in the subject, but i think people have the right to know what's going on. I will then have my report approved by CSeti before making it public.

Bare with me, i'm just a computer programmer, i'm fairly new to the subject, that's why I have quite an open mind to the subject.

So i'll be back on the 10th, give me 2 or 3 weeks for the report and approval and i'll have something for you guys.

I already have answers to some of your questions, but I want to live the experience before I jump in.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Toc]

Toc

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Certain people seem in capable of having a discussion on these subjects like grown up, polite adults?

Not only is "not blowing your top" required, so is staying on topic, OFF the personalities of your fellow members, courteousness and civil discourse, and having something of value to say that actually ADDS to the conversation.

Springer...

The beautiful thing about ATS is ignore list. What a smart idea. You find someone insulting or plainly rude. Make a good use of the list. Eventualy, they will find it rather boring to talk by themselves hehehe.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hello, I found some videos that may be of interest regarding CSETI and their expeditions. There is one video from Mt. Adams where James Gilliland and ECETI live close to, and a renowned UFO hot-spot. It is hard to make too much out, but it is interesting to see atleast some sort of CSETI evidence. Also, there was a CSETI torrent floating around the internet that had their entire membership information package, including videos and pictures and documents. Alas, it was asked to be taken down for their non-disclosure agreement... and their fear that sharing all of their materials would undercut their funding efforts and render their membership redundant. It was taken down from Conspiracy Central, but I believe you can still get it off of Utopiated. It is my understanding that the elusive and seemingly bipolar "geogaddi00" is responsible for posting the majority of the Steven Greer and Disclosure Project material as torrents. Here is a bit of advice to him/her- Your passion and dedication to sharing information and making a difference is admirable, but please try to be more prudent and respectful of copyrights and rational argumentation. I read somewhere that you sometimes don't sleep well and can suffer from "the emotional plague" from time to time. That is OK- but remember the smoking-caterpillar's advice to Alice in Wonderland? "Keep your temper!"

Here are the videos from YouTube:

www.youtube.com... (this one is connected to a CSETI expedition)

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

video.google.ca...

www.youtube.com... (this is recent video shot from Shuttle and you can see a triangular UFO entering Earth's atmosphere- arguably)

www.shopjerrypippin.com...

www.ozemail.com.au...[1].wmv

www.ozemail.com.au...[2].wmv

None of this is proof, because anything can be faked or misinterpreted, but it is evidence.

Take care and peace out!

p.s. No, I have not met Dr. Greer... but I would love to!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
None of that would convince me to throw $800 at Greer and give myself over to his less than honest enterprise. He has no proof for any of his outlandish claims.
It's really just that simple. Pony up the real stuff and Hey you may catch me running naked throught the streets shouting "It's twue, it's twue there really is a Santa".
Hope that image gives ya a good nites sleep.

Here's tocs report:

Wonderful weekend.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

Originally posted by DigThat
As far as your claims.. No, I havent investigated your case simply cause I find it to be a waste of time - just like I found Serpo to be a waste of time. Maybe I was to quick to call it a sci-fi story, but after reading a couple of posts of yours on that thread; my common sense told me it was bs.

I truthfully couldnt care less what you think, I just wanted to watch you backpeddle and admit you havent read hardly anything before being so quick to judge. The snap judgement says alot for why youre here defending all this. I guess your common sense says it's ok for someone to charge for everything, and sign papers to even participate. I guess thats ok when youre another anonymous face on the internet, as you dont have to be accountable.

I should note I dont know Greer personally but I dont base anything other then more comments by UFO watchdog and others. What I do base it on is the website information and documents placed therein. All one need do is look.

No problem, I've said my last on this thread. At a certain point it becomes a complete waste of time talking to geniuses.

Toc-good luck on the trip, enjoy it. Unfortunately if you've signed your participation papers you wont be able to say much about the proceedings. Good luck nonetheless.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by jritzmann]
Oh, making condescending remarks and taking your ball to go home all in one post. =|

I don't have to read everything about your story to THINK it's "Sci-Fi". I already explained that before. My point was that you can't be 100 % sure about anything really, but i guess that doesnt say much.

First of all, I don't feel a need to defend anything here. People can think whatever they want for all I'm concerned. The only reason i replyed to this thread is because it seems to me your views on Dr. Greer are biased and not viewed from a neutral standpoint. I base that on that a online Story Teller rags on someone whos gotten more attention then him in the UFO field. Jelousy comes to mind..

Second of all, my common sense tells me that maybe theres actual costs in making a thing like that happen, and the profit they make, MAYBE goes into there own pockets, or MAYBE into the various projects they work on. I don't know AND NEITHER DO YOU. See what i mean by biased?

Third of all, I'm not sure of this btw.. but I don't think Dr. Greer is the Webmaster of that site, nor solely responsible for that whole organisation.

I'm not searching for attention here, thats why I'm not using my real name. If you want to do that, thats fine.

Have a Good Weekend.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Oh, making condescending remarks and taking your ball to go home all in one post. =|

I said I've said my last on the Greer matter. Not my own, but that doesnt belong here in this thread. Since you want to bring it up, I'll address it. There was nothing condesending, I'm just stating the truth, that I couldnt care less if you believe my personal accounts or not. I'm confident enough in saying I accurately and honestly described my own experiences. Thats about all I can do. I'm not looking for anyone's validation.

I don't have to read everything about your story to THINK it's "Sci-Fi". I already explained that before. My point was that you can't be 100 % sure about anything really, but i guess that doesnt say much.

First of all, I don't feel a need to defend anything here. People can think whatever they want for all I'm concerned. The only reason i replyed to this thread is because it seems to me your views on Dr. Greer are biased and not viewed from a neutral standpoint. I base that on that a online Story Teller rags on someone whos gotten more attention then him in the UFO field. Jelousy comes to mind..

Yeah thats it. Here's a news flash, I dont want mass attention. I've had it before, and it's not exactly comfortable. My experiences havent been "online storytelling" either, I've done radio, and lectures in person, so save the diatribe that I'm some anonymous guy posting on the internet. I dropped out of mainstream UFOlogy because it turned into a three ring circus, not because no one came to hear me talk or didnt listen. If I'd been a complete failure at it, then maybe jealousy applies, but that wasnt the case. It was the opposite and thats what I wasnt comfortable with.

The "neutral" stance you dont believe I have comes from what? Where do you base your assertion from? I wonder because you've only seen whats been written here, so you have no clue about my views and therefore no way to comment on my neutrality. I gave Greer the benefit of the doubt years and years ago.

Second of all, my common sense tells me that maybe theres actual costs in making a thing like that happen, and the profit they make, MAYBE goes into there own pockets, or MAYBE into the various projects they work on. I don't know AND NEITHER DO YOU. See what i mean by biased?

Nope, but I do know what goes into major events, and the cost per attendee. I've booked national acts that dont run 800 per person. The fact is this is being charged with no evidence nor validity of the "training". Thats my point. There have been many (some outlandish) claims made that have never been substanciated. Yet the wheel of fees keeps rolling.

Third of all, I'm not sure of this btw.. but I don't think Dr. Greer is the Webmaster of that site, nor solely responsible for that whole organisation.
I'm not searching for attention here, thats why I'm not using my real name. If you want to do that, thats fine.
Have a Good Weekend.

I'm sure he's not either. Doesnt change the facts though. Attention has nothing to do with using your real name. What it has to do with is accountability. Something this field has seriously lacked for way too many years, and this thread is yet another example.

You have a good weekend too.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wanted to make sure that the people who think that there may be "nothing to disclose" know that they have not looked into this enough, and I don't blame you at all because I think that Steven Greer et al. are not doing a good enough job at putting their information out there. It is very ironic that a group interested in the disclosure of information about UFOs and technology are keeping the lid on their own accumulation of information (which is quite impressive) for the sake of needing to sell it to get funds to develop alternative energy technologies. I think that the National Press Club conference of 2001 is most certainly not enough public information to make anyone convinced of the importance of this effort. But the Witness Testimony DVD they put together is a much better review of what kind of information they are sitting on. And remember that there are hundreds more witnesses they have networked with, some of them being big-name astronauts and others who cannot have their testimony come forward until they are legally protected, since they are dealing with highly classified information disclosure. So, I have shared the Witness Testimony DVD on Google Video and I would encourage anyone to feel free to watch it, because you may have a different opinion on the matter after. Or we can all have too much fear of bureacratic issues and just have it deleted and never find out what is going on (note: you can buy the DVD from their website www.disclosureproject.org... ).

So, here they are!

video.google.ca... PART 1

video.google.ca... PART 2

And guess what? The CSETI package: tracker.utopiated.net... ( 12 .pdf files/articles and several .html pages from CSETI.org; 78 miscellaneous Real Media files of UFO/CSETI-related videos from their members section; 8 pictures from their members section; 10 interviews in .mp3 format of Steven Greer on Coast to Coast AM from 1996-2006; 14 witness testimonies from Top Secret Testimony.com; 2 Guided Meditations by Steven Greer from the CD that came with "Hidden Truth-Forbidden Knowledge"; CSETI Member Training - Vectoring ETVs [RMIT] and a 3 hour video lecture by Steven Greer at UCSB in 1999. )

Non-disclosure for Disclosure?! No, so there ya go! I'll take full responsibility for any issues regarding the sharing of this material.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by TatTuamAsi]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I should mention that those interested in checking out the CSETI torrent that use Azureus might have a hard time opening that particular version. Try this one instead: www.torrentspy.com... ( www.torrentspy.com... ) The upload will start once your BitTorrent client connects to the Utopiated tracker swarm.

TatTuamAsi

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I should also bring up The UFO Magazine and CSETI. Back in 1995 or so UFO Magazine did an article on UFO cults and had a picture of the CSETI team in the article. Dr. Joe Burke was very involved with CSETI back then, and he and Shari Adanac (sp) wrote a nasty letter to UFO Magazine stating their irritation that they were shown depicted as a cult in the article. So, they in turn got Don Ecker and his wife pissed off, but Ecker invited Joe Burke on his "Dark Matters" radio program for a debate. This is an excellent interview and an excellent debate on the subject of CSETI and peoples' thoughts of it being a cult and so on. If you aren't keen on downloading the 1gb CSETI torrent, just check this interview out by unselecting all of the other files in the torrent and selecting the file: Dr. Burk-CSETI September 1995 Dark Matters Radio show .Joe lays it all out how CSETI is a valid scientific research organization interested in ET intelligence and communication. I highly recommend this, as it is perfectly related to this thread. Sorry, but Dark Matters does not have this file archived as a podcast any longer...

TatTuamAsi

Toc

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm back from my CSeti training and will be making a short review of what happened there, to the limit of what i can disclose without enfringing my NDA with the great CSeti Team.

I'll be starting a new thread in a week or 2 when i have gathered all i can dispatch here.
One thing i can tell you right now : it was an amazing journey, with amazing people and Steven and assistants are very good people, with a big hearts, loving and compationate people seeking for truth, no matter how strange that truth can be.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
wouldnt it be the case as far as the disclosure project goes that the credibility and validity of the military and military/corporate witnesses that were interviewed in the DVD be whats important, rather more important than greer? cuz im not sure what i think of Dr.Greer after hearing about some of his more "out there" ideas, but that shouldnt take away from the testimony of others

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toc
I'm back from my CSeti training and will be making a short review of what happened there, to the limit of what i can disclose without enfringing my NDA with the great CSeti Team.

I'll be starting a new thread in a week or 2 when i have gathered all i can dispatch here.

I'm really looking forward to this, can't wait to read. You don't need to go into every exact detail on your experience but I'd like to know what you think you came away with and learnt. I also hope you can post some sensational and juicy stories - would it be fair to say that all the real amazing stuff is covered up via the NDA? If so, that is a crying shame, I do hope there is a purpose to that - in that it is building up for a massive release of the information as an undeniable smoking gun. I'm thinking of all the video out there, surely the 'close encounter' filmed on high quality video surely exists within these CSeti teams? All these threads on "is this video clip real or is it cgi" could be totally unneeded if we had just one of these field trip missions disclosed in a high quality video format like say 640x480 DivX, put it up on the Web and there ya go. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen that way. Do you think there is any hope of the CSeti footage being released, Toc?

[edit on 12-9-2006 by RiotComing]

Toc

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
See the new CSeti thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Toc]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yes. Did the group nightwatch thing, with meditation, etc., in the Berkeley
hills along time ago (during his early days). He kept identifying normal
air traffic as alien craft. Marina Popovich showed up at one point and
he excitedly related to her what he thought was happening.

He's a missionary type. Just the type you really can't comfortably hang out
with for maybe more than a few minutes without wanting to run away, fast
(or perhaps raid the bar).

Toc

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeJamieson

Yes. Did the group nightwatch thing, with meditation, etc., in the Berkeley
hills along time ago (during his early days). He kept identifying normal
air traffic as alien craft. Marina Popovich showed up at one point and
he excitedly related to her what he thought was happening.

He's a missionary type. Just the type you really can't comfortably hang out
with for maybe more than a few minutes without wanting to run away, fast
(or perhaps raid the bar).

You are awefully mistaken. Steven and his team has the best understanding of sky events i have ever seen.

They carry list of everything happening in the sky including: Satellite orbits, Iridium Flare events, Space Station orbits. They were the first to dispatch meteor and falling stars.

Non, i totaly understand some events are very hard to categorise. I believe the quality of his work improved over the years. Like anyone else, you learn from experience. He's not a perfect man, and his assistants neither. I would have felt very uncomfortable if i had felt him pressing that perfection feeling upon us, but they didn't.

So now you come here blame the guy from doing something usual, that could actualy have the world's biggest impact on our relationship with out in space people...you are a sad thing.

So i have no idea why you came up with this non-sense. Maybe you are the person that paid 700$ because you wanted to get boarded and a free trip around the solar system? Let me laugh!

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Toc]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't understand, toc. You trying to draw me into a conversation by insulting me and negating my report? Not too clear on your purpose.
I'm not really interested in the subject, sorry. Too many missionaries.
Someone asked a simple question and I answered. Had loads of contact with
Greer, years ago. Question answered.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join