It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices Drop (Election time)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i wonder what reasons will be invented when after the election the prices start to go back up. (if they do)

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
OPEC does not decide the price of a barrel of oil each morning - the FED/IMF/London/Wallstreet do. The evil ones plan to blame OPEC (particulaly the Muslims will be blamed) when the US dollar collapses by the nations moving into Eoro's and Rubles - of course they will not mention inflation. Watch and see, it is not OPEC who is really in charge - for they merely are going along for the profit ride - for now that is.

OPEC has more control than you give them credit for. All they have to do is to put out a press release stating that they are "thinking" of reducing production and watch what happens to oil prices. You tell me how the FED or the IMF controls oil prices.

Saudi Arabia holds more power over OPEC than any other ME country, thereby controlling it unilaterally, if they choose to do so. And I'm sure you're aware of the close connections between the Bush Administration and the Saudis.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Can't you people just be happy?

Gas prices are dropping, and we have more money in our wallets. Good lord, just roll with it folks! Who freaking cares as to the why's and how's? Conspiracy? Well this is one of those sites, but who cares? This is a good conspiracy. Take some of the money your saving on gas, and go get some beer and smokes and get ready for the end of the world!!

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Republicans get the blame for higher gas prices, then they should get the blame when the price drops. Personally, I've been reading articles for months now that pretty much said the price of crude oil was about 25% higher than it should have been. Factors cited were unease in the mideast and/or the rest of the world.

I'll be curious to see how long the price continues to go down or stay low. Personally, I don't think that it will stay down for all that long so I'm going on my long driving vacations now.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowItAll
Can't you people just be happy?

Gas prices are dropping, and we have more money in our wallets. Good lord, just roll with it folks! Who freaking cares as to the why's and how's? Conspiracy? Well this is one of those sites, but who cares? This is a good conspiracy. Take some of the money your saving on gas, and go get some beer and smokes and get ready for the end of the world!!

You are supposed to be happy but gas prices are not the reason to be happy. However, the idea was to try and make Americans 'happy' so they will go easier on the incumbents in the coming Congressional elections. Ironically, the American people are already past 'fed-up' and the illegal immigrant problem is enough of an issue (by itself) for I think, most Americans to dump both houses - Rep and Dem.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Apparently George Bush finished paying all his campaign debts

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There are, indeed, three actual facts. All verifiable. None tinfoil-lined.

1) The "crack spreads", the difference between oil inputs and finished gasoline products are suddently at a multi-year low. Why? These are determined by a few domestic refiners, and not foreign oil supply. Might oil refiners forgo a little bit of profit now to help ensure a far more accomodative US legislature?

2) Goldman Sachs suddenly changed the composition of its GSCI commodity index 1.5 to 2 months ago. The contribution of unleaded gasoline in this index was slashed by 2/3rds !!! No obvious reason for such a huge change. Many pension funds use GSCI and related indexes as long-term commodity investments as a balance versus stock and bond investments.

3) The current Secretary of the Treasury, Paulson, was most recently CEO of Goldman Sachs.

apc

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
#1 is at least a plausible modivation, because any political motivation would be so transparent that it would go down as one of the worst conspiracies in history.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
#1 is at least a plausible modivation, because any political motivation would be so transparent that it would go down as one of the worst conspiracies in history.

Compared to making stuff up to get into a stupidly destructive war? That was pretty damn big, I'd say.

That's the power of these power-zealots thinking. There is no scheme so transparent, blatant and obnoxious that they won't do. In fact, they rely on people's scepticism to get away with it. At one point it was called the "Big Lie". Little lies are disbelieved---but big ones, the masses can be made swallow.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
it is grossly unreasonable to not see a connection between a Admin that comes from and is steeped in, the Oil industry. Huge connections across the board.

then there was Cheney's secret Energy panel, mostly consisting of big Oil representives

then MASSIVE oil profits for a year or two , with the same players calling the shots.

now, prices go down before an election, and people have the audacity to deny a connection? to deny this connection is to have lived your life in a shoe.

the circumstantial evidence alone is deep enough for a conviction, imo.

C'mon

They don't even try to hide their management of things anymore. The cattle have said they prefer to remain asleep, and the scumbags on both sides of the aisle have responded with in-your-face corruption.

Politics are smoke n mirror charades to keep the cattle distracted

the Corporatocracy pwns us. flat out.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here is a real media discussion about this.

www.thenation.com...

The author used to be a former "managing director" of Goldman Sachs.
In Wall Street, that is one of the really really big prizes, when you get
enormous bonuses and a piece of equity (as a 'partner'). Goldman is
the top of the WS investment bank pile.

She probably made well over a million per year in that position.

Oil, globally, is hard to manipulate that much. Gasoline in the US isn't hard to manipulate, at least in the short term.

Summary: (stolen from a blog, sorry)

- Bush backed off tough talk against Iran;
- Goldman Sachs (provided the new Treasury Secretary) slashed the weighting of gas in its commodities index from 8.45% to 2.30% in July;
- Investors and hedge funds tracking the GSCI dumped long positions in gasoline;
- Big Oil imported tankers of gasoline from Europe for fall arrival;
- Purchases for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve were postponed until after the election;
- Big refinery cronies cut the "crack spread" between crude oil price and refined gasoline price from $19.13 per barrel in July to under $6.00 this month.
- Refinery maintenance and product changeovers were postponed.

apc

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

- Bush backed off tough talk against Iran;

That's your kicker.

Before Katrina, gas prices in my area were around $2.00 a gal, usually a tad under. After the Katrina shock, prices settled around $2.20. When Iran started rattling around, the price started climbing. In the weeks leading up to the Oil Bourse, I watched prices go from the 2.50s to the 2.90s. Oil broke $74 if I recall correctly.

Now, Iran's threat has waned. Oil is at $61. Big surprise our prices have dropped accordingly.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's a fear and control thing. First use the media to get people elected that have interest in all these big companies. Then have those politicos throw out the energy control commision and replace it with a mediating commission of petroleum businessmen so that they can decide what to control. Throw out environmental controls and regulation that protects the people. It's no longer under a Democracy at this point but Facisim where the people are being controled not the other way around. How do you control the media, spike the very thing they crave, news stories, movies, shows and advertising. There is no truth in any of it that is not twisted or slanted in some way or another. Anyone wonder where Jay Leno gets those people who do not even know where Canada is?

Take this forward to 2002's midterms. We are only a year since 9-11 and you have wars raging and the drums are beating, it was a shoe in to keep those midtermers in. Move forward to 2004, this one they had to fight a little more to keep the oilman in the whitehouse with the rest of those interests. Fear was being pushed hard up until the point and oil prices kept being inched up through this manipulation this thread has been talking about. In 2004, fear was more of a factor to keep people focused on wars, unrest and the potential of loss of oil imports. Never mind that other countries still have more oil to export, just focus on the mideast. Keep the ME in all the headlines and even let Moore release his documentary because it helps with the fear. People are scared now and paying higher fuel prices is just the way it is when there is war (the excuss).

2005, Katrina! No the whitehouse did not dial in thermals in the gulf and steering currents or blow up levees in NOLA. It was both an oppertunity of an excuse to raise prices and an inconvenience of lost production and this pushed prices up another 20 cents. This would have happened in 1995 just as it did in 2005. The problem is that the prices remained at Katrina levels too long after as most of the production was back on a month later. Sure it would have had some lastng effect but not that much. This also was an oppertune time to pull in extra revenue for the planned drop in 2006.

2006, the stage is different. Fear has been played out too long, and reasons for war are starting to wear on the public and a new strategy is needed. It makes not sense to use fear to get congressmen elected. It makes more sense to use the feel-good apporoach. All this time lies about winning wars and twarting terror have been burned in and it's time to use the comfort apprach. All buyers have to do is pull back a little and the prices drop. I've been in these networks with business people where they all march to the same drum. It's used in multilevel markets that are successful as is moitivates thousands of people to do the same thing. "It's your business, so supports it and you will make money" is what they professes. "Oh and buy this tape, It'll show you how to do it". I don't think the petrolium futures buyers are selling tapes but they have networks that are used. It's all numbers and it even takes a small number of people to move masses, so yes it is very probable.

Don't expect a big rise in November as the economy is teetering again and home sales are sliding. At this point they will not want to tip the economy as they have less than two years to put a replacement in the oval again.

apc

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I just filled up at $1.99/gal. Those silly Republicans. Don't they know they lost the election?!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I just filled up at $1.99/gal. Those silly Republicans. Don't they know they lost the election?!

Thought I would bump this again!

Just filled up at $1.92/gal. The next elections are 2 years away? How can this be?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
More fodder for this AWESOME thread that deserves stars (on it's way, dude). I've noticed this for ages, but only now thought what a great time to post, only to find a very like-minded post in existence...

I'm sure there's others, but yours was first.

Now go check out THIS LINK.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well lets see the democraps have now been in power for more than a year and the prices have gone up to record highs and they have a great energy plan, thats a laugh. They control the government and still have done nothing. Lets elect Obama so we really can just get to 3rd world status.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just noticed this is an old thread. I just paid $3.16

per gallon- that's the absolute lowest here now.

I am looking for a tricycle so i can become the old town bag lady here very soon. That's what they drive, you know!

Have tricycle will dumpster dive.
Of course, if any of you have one i will pay for shipping and handling (basket included)

If its a donation thats even better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join