It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell is THIS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What the hell is this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good question...
You have a U2U

[edit on 2-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ive seen that pic somewhere before. I think its already been exposed as a hoax. Probably Photoshop. In fact, someone posted it here before, I think a couple of years ago.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
its a haloween mask. i can take a picture like that.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's not a halloween mask. Please if you want to debunk, think it over before you post nonsense.

It's a piece of "art" created by an artist (I can't remember his name though). We've posted about it before.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow. Why does every hoax have to be photoshopped? People throw around that term way too much. Its a classic example of movie magic i.e. American Werewolf in London style.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
Wow. Why does every hoax have to be photoshopped? People throw around that term way too much. Its a classic example of movie magic i.e. American Werewolf in London style.

Wow, I think youre right. As much as I hate cliches, I caught myself using one. What I meant was that the photo looked altered around the mask area. It seems to be slightly different lighting than the rest of the picture.....or maybe its my imagination.

Now that I think about it, though. The head does sort of look like one of the creatures from Doom 3, doesnt it?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
urban legend I'm afriad

www.snopes.com...

Origins: The rather gruesome photograph displayed above has been circulating on the Internet (without explanation of its origins) since 2003, leading many to speculate about just what it depicts. Guesses include the head of a chupacabra (the mythological "goat sucker"), a dessicated canine head, and a Halloween mask.

This image is actually a work produced by video artist Charlie White and entitled Highland Park, one of a series of nine photographs which comprise his "In a Matter of Days" exhibit. The theme of the series was capturing images of monsters (created by Jordu Schell, a designer of film and television characters) in a variety of "accidental" encounters around Los Angeles.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites

Hell, I know of several ways to fake images well before they need to be photoshopped. Doesn't take much there...
I also know that every "alteration" that leaves jpeg artifacts isn't even altered, much of that time.
Take a pic with a digital camera. Make a copy of that pic on your computer, and then a copy of that pic, ect., do it several times. Post it on a website that changes it from a jpeg file to another type, then copy it again and save it as a .jpg, then compare it to the original. Anywhere there's a huge color contrast, or severe change in details, the jpeg artifacts will often be more pronouncedon the last copy than the original.

new topics

top topics

join