It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculatory Thread. Who might our visitors be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
We must admit to ourselves we are ignorant of many things.

This is mere speculation. Consider ....

We know little of the physics of the space-time that is our universe.

What if some future expedition to space somehow sends our human explorers far into the past. What if they survived. What if they found there way home to a time before they existed?

If they influence us in any manner, it would be a risk of unmeasurable purpotions for them, as they could somehow affect their very existance, for better or worse.

I say better, for they could advance technology in the here and now (their past) so they will have a better understanding, and better technology for the time they depart on their voyage.

What if what is visiting us is us after hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years of evolution, but are in fact our descendants?

Would secrecy not be choice? Wouldn't secrecy of this be absolutely neccesary in order to prevent undoing what has been done?

Do you know of any laws of physics that prevent our space travellers from returning to Earth prior to their leaving it?

Because the top phycisists of the world do not, yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well, if they tamper with their [the present] ancestors, would it tamper the true growth of thier time? Thus, it would throw them way off course. Or perhaps it'll split another time line. Let me draw one.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is what would happen if that were to happen.

As you can see, the blue is when they go back in time, and reach a point in the past.

The red is the start of a new timeline, because now the original time line is tampered with. So when they come back to their time, things will be different, and they can do different things as opposed to as what they "normally" would've done. In the future, they can hop across newly created time lines. Thus, creating multi-dimensions. Perhaps the multiple time lines come to the original time line now? Or maybe there an untampered time line they've just discovered?

I suppose the time lines, because it shouldn't just disappear should it? If you do suppose it would disappear, I'll redraw it.

[Edit: Added extra things to the image.]

[edit on 9/4/06 by TsunamiLight]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You're assuming that time is linear. Quantum physicist theorize otherwise based on our current level of understanding.

Cute picture.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, I'm just using lines because it's easier to depict breakings of our normal... umm.. -is thinking of word-.. story. Let's just say it's a break from the story that really happened.

Anyways, so what if all the diverging branches evolved into different particular types of humans? Considering all the breaks that could occur, how many can their be? Maybe in one branch, something happened, and the other has something else happening. Maybe in one branch, the human race dies, and another intelligent species takes over. And all these possibilities you see on National Geographic specials occur. And suddenly, they find a way back to where it all started..

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe that's how people say there are parallel universes.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I know that they are extra-terrestrials. Unless they evolved out in the abyss of space. Esoteric, David Sereda does a very dandy job explaining the propulsion and mechanics of UFO's. I'd suggest you take a look at The Case for Nasa UFO's.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Time travel is not impossible. We currently cant prove that it cant happen.

Though, Hawking made a wonderful point if Time Travel were possible. Where are all the tourist? And my further extrapolation is why it hasnt been patented yet. I know there are time machines patented. But working ones. Wouldnt you be on the door step of the 19 century when the patent office first open to get the US First Patent. I'm not saying that a government instituted time agency would do so. I'm saying a private one would, or an individual.

Though if Chrononaughts were trapped behind here. In this dark ages of time and tech. Then why would they care? It would be about survival. Who would know, with the ability to keep it a secret. If there craft for time movement was damaged assumedly, and that why they were stuck. There might not be anything there would be worth keeping a secret. Beside, I dont think they would have told anyone for fear of being thought insane. There best bet would play stupid and claim amnesia to explain there ignorance of the suttley(cant spell this word to save my life. It the opposite obvious) of our time. And destroyed there craft.

Since they are here, it means that they were already here when they first traveled through time. Causality. It dosnt like being broken.

My few assumption. Time is linear. Time is relative Causality is self healing. Time Travel is Practical. There are no other demisions.

(English lacks the grammar needed to discuss time travel properly.)

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'd really like to go into the future. That shouldn't distort the essence of time. You're just going foward. Now if you go backwards, that's a different story.

[edit on 9/6/06 by TsunamiLight]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Travel to the past is conceivable if you think of time as a collection of points rather than a linear progression. Each time-unit is a snapshot of possible outcomes, and there are an infinite amount of routes to each point.

Transgression of forward-time would, I'm totally guessing here, be more difficult to "navigate" due to having to traverse the current time, and "landing" exactly where you want. Not in another time reference.

Of course, I really have no idea. I'd suggest you watch some good Sci-Fi and get better concepts from there.

As far as the visitors, all things are possible (so I hear it told). That is, until someone feels like popping an attitude. Then you get to hear them recant their very own notions when they contemplated such.

new topics

top topics

join