It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying "One lined response"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why do some of you call one-liner deductions "warns"? They are not "warns" in my opinion, but just a slight slap-on-the-wrist. It's just a 20 point deduction meant to disencourage the "offender" to not waste bandwidth with off-topic unnecessary posts. The ones I call "warns" are those who comes with a bigger point deduction and also gives a red flag (which will stick for three days). That's a big difference from a 20 points deduction. 20 points is not even worth arguing about. Just simply note it and try to post better next time. It will be better for everybody if one-liner posts are disencouraged.

My 2 cents

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, there is a precedent for calling them warnings:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'd be way over 100,000 pts on ATS by now if i didnt mess up and over quote or

post one liners. i've learned now to keep talking even if what i say makes no

sense.... I try to make sense but sometimes i fall short

So, dont let this happen to y0u.

Rules are rules.

Now one-liners annoy me.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Never mind.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You gots to just let the famous people do the one-liners whilst the rest of us will just have to make do with over emphasizing even the most seemingly ludicrous responses etc. Maybe if the Moderators would only delete the dammed useless posts instead of aprehend these petty criminals than we might get more "work" done.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
Maybe if the Moderators would only delete the dammed useless posts instead of aprehend these petty criminals than we might get more "work" done.

Now this would be a conspiracy worthy of note. What is done with these apprehended one line posters? Are they chained to desks with computers that will only access ATS and given electric shocks when they post one liners and fed only when they post garrulously?

[edit on 2006/8/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Grady, that's a bit sadistic

My word....i better keep typing even though i just trolled through to see what was going on and now Grady wants to zap people...and that would be unfair.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yet another thread posted IN THE WRONG PLACE.

For personal qualms against staff, USE THE COMPLAINTS FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the members of this thread who don't seem to "get" the One-liner warn, please read the thread about warnings in the Board Information forum or on the ATS Handbook.

One-line posts which add value to an ongoing discussion are fine, it is the kind of absolutely fruitless ones which we give the gentle slap for.

Examples of pointless ones:

2 I agree too!

3 This post is stupid...

4 What he said above.

Before getting upset at the concept of a One-Liner warning, please read about the context in which they are used and the very reason it exists, which many veteran BBS/message board followers I'm sure happily accept and appreciate.

As for the confusion between Warns and staff warnings.... Warns are the red little images applied to a member for a violation of Terms and Conditions ( ), while warnings can be One-Liners, Big Quote, Unsuitable Avatar, Unsuitable Signature, etc.

(Of an added note, the smartass one-line remarks doubled up to two lines in thsi very topic show an obvious lack of understanding of this staff action, please read up.)

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join