It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Man's Challenge- Destroying Armored Vehicles!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My plan is:

Dig a tunnel. A really sneaky tunnel, and pop up underneath the tank. Use a blowtorch to break into the tank, and kidnap the occupants. Ferret them away.

In the ensuing aerial bombardment, escape via another tunnel that leads to a yacht already prepared and coast about the Pacific while my ex-neighbours cope with the Mk-82s and whatnot dropping on their heads.

Oh yes, drag girl along for all this, too. Hopefully by now she's got the hang of it and is putting that Glock to good use.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Some of you people are starting to get delusional! Why would you feel the need to take on the armour? Maybe im missing something.

Originally posted by Dae
My plan is:

Dig a tunnel. A really sneaky tunnel, and pop up underneath the tank. Use a blowtorch to break into the tank, and kidnap the occupants. Ferret them away.

So it is just sitting their all on its own huh? Cool well thats a boost.

Whats that you say? it is going to stay their long enough for you to dig a tunnel right up underneath it? What a shot of luck.

Wow you managed to cut through the bottom with no action from them? Wow your really some guy!

To top it all off you manage to overpower all of them and take them off to a secret location.

Dae

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta
To top it all off you manage to overpower all of them and take them off to a secret location.

OK, admittedly Im missing a missile and a couple of grenades but it has been done before!
Source

The attackers, believed to number seven or eight, surprised Israeli forces when they appeared at first light through a tunnel on open ground 300 yards inside Israel near a kibbutz.

They split into three groups before launching simultaneous attacks on three Israeli defensive positions - a look-out tower, plus a tank and an armoured personnel carrier, both dug in, facing Gaza.

They blew open the tank's rear doors with a missile fired from point-blank range before tossing grenades inside.

Two of the tank crew died and another was severely wounded but the final crew member, the gunner, was forced out of the wreckage at gunpoint.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well I have a question.

Will I get in trouble on this forum for telling how to make a home made shaped charge?

I'm serious and don't want to break any rules here or get calls from the feds.

I can skip the details and just give some general outlines, because hey, given enough area prep time, some cash and a neighborhood hardware store, a dedicated individual is more then capable of stopping all kinds of armor and infantry.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I’m not a mod but I would recommend against it, you already told us that a knowledgeable individual can (with hardware store, or home equipment) make a shaped charge so why describe in detail or list the materials?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
WestPoint23, well, that's why I'm a bit confused by the fact of this threads existence.

I'm not an anarchist or anything, I just know a thing or two about controlled demolition.

"Poor Man's Challenge- Destroying Armored Vehicles!", we're talking explosives here, and I'm really surprised that this thread was not locked from the first day of its posting. Unless of course it's a fishing expedition for stupid people.

It's kind of like starting a thread "What would be the best way of assassinating the Pppp.. pee wee Herman I mean"

Anyway, I might start a thread on controlled demolition shaped charges. (the corner type.)

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
while i didn't see this done here goes. take one heavy duty truck suspesion leaf spring, or mabe two. mount onto a polethat is groved on one side, or weld onto a groved long piece of metal or two. attatch a steel cable to both ends of the leaf spring. now you should have something that looks like a giant crossbow. this is called a balista. you will need a winch preferably geared to pull back the cable. now you take steel rods and use them for bolts.

find yourself some concealment and fire at apc's, tanks or whatever is bothering you. it won't give you that satisfying boom but will likely leave it mostly intact for you to have fun with later. just remember there may be a hole or two to patch up.

now this was done by a couple of bored soldiers on a fireing range apparently it punched a hole right through an apc that was there for fireing practice.

even if it doesn't go through it will scare the liveing #@%$ out of the crew who may bail out. be sure to be ready to shoot them once they ALL exit. if any stay in they could make short work of closeing back up and nailing you.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
this sounds like a topic that might get closed,but
id probably break bullets open an mix them with some crushed up model rocket motars

ive, done it before.
beggining
external image
end
external image

mod edit: Change pictures to links to correct page width, in future please keep all images within 680 by 680 pixels please.

How to resize an image (review link)
ATTN: Image Size Guidelines (review link)

[edit on 31-8-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
hey,my pics work, i should resize them

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well here's an idea.

I just drew a quick sketch. Naturally I'm not going to post it, but will describe a concept.

In order to avoid various legal concerns, I though what would be a viable solution for a home made anti armor solution with out going to the "fun chemistry corner" of highly illegal explosives.

Here's what i figured.

A two stage device for either a top or a bottom attack. Delivery options are numerous.

A steel canister containing a pressure molded charge of aluminum and magnesium powder mix, focused by a high temp ceramic nozzle.

The back end of the charge will use an of the shelf rocket booster, the business end will have four outwards extending arms with a nozzle at the point of extension.

In a mine configuration, let's say a magnetic fuse activates the rocket booster propelling the device upwards. Under the force of thrust the extending arms will open to provide device stability for the continuing burn of the booster.

As soon as the arms extend fully, the main aluminum/magnesium charge is ignited by siphoning part on the booster rocket via a channeling vain.

The main charge ignites and burns between 3 to 5 seconds right through the thin underbelly and fills the compartment with toxic gases.

Naturally the rocket booster burn should equal the burn time of the main charge.

The nozzle should have cut outs to allow channeling of the excess gasses.

The device similarly can be used against the thin top armor, and delivered by let's say, a rigged remote controlled helo.

How about them apples?

P.S. Considering the long burn time, the sheer volume of produced gasses should overwhelm the ventilation system.

edit: P.S.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by iskander]

[edit on 27-8-2006 by iskander]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Did you, or are you Attending our Fine West Point Academy? I do live near By. I happen to be proud of it.

But Do you think our Government is capable of ordering troops into a local city or neighborhood to subdue the citizens?

I.E....

New Orleans - Hurricane Katrina? Army Snipers on roof tops Just back from IRAQ!
I wonder how many People they Shot and Did not report to the Public?

Detroit 1968?

Etc........

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Bah, the best thing you could do in that situation, other than surrender/infiltrate, would be to construct an EMP generator with a Magnetron from an old working microwave oven, a serious transformer from a Large neon sign or an old tube type television set, and a reflective metallic parabolic dish. I won't go into alot of detail on the construction of this device for any number of obvious reasons, chief amungst them is because 4500 volts of High Energy RF Radiation at 2.4GHz is nothing to experiment with, and RF can bounce right off ungrounded metals and other materials to come back and cook your eyeballs right out of their sockets. To my understanding it has a very limited range, but if you can get tha sucker close enough, it will shut down electronics permanently. I guess it depends on the Tank though I guess as I think I read somewhere that the M1A1 acts as a faraday cage and is shielded against EMP?
That in my opinion is the achilles heel of modern military equipment, they are more so than ever, dependent upon gadgetry, and the troops are now trained to operate with that gadgetry up and running and synchronised. You shut down the electronics you then gain the advantage of a confused and confounded enemy and you can use that confusion to implement a great second phase if you planned well.

If it were me personally however I would run off with the neighbors daughter and defect to the nearest third world country before it ever got to the point where I felt like I had to be in a hole in the ground.

Edit:
And don't forget to shoot to Maim, not kill. The theory behind that is two fold, a body is a body but for every wounded man you've theoretically cost them two more and some medical supplies, and the psychological effect is then fear rather rage over a fallen friend.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
for those of you who are fluent in German
i would recommend a book "Der totale Widerstand " by Major Hans von Dach , fomer high ranking officer in the Swiss army.
This book covers guerilla warfare (dates a bit no psy ops but still a good read )
It might have been translated in english but i have no knowledge of any other version but the German one.
i will go through my copy , but as far as i remember it's as usual (and as many have pointed out already) K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) the molotov cocktail solution.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
My plan is:

In the ensuing aerial bombardment, escape via another tunnel that leads to a yacht already prepared and coast about the Pacific while my ex-neighbours cope with the Mk-82s and whatnot dropping on their heads.

Oh yes, drag girl along for all this, too. Hopefully by now she's got the hang of it and is putting that Glock to good use.

. That was a good one

You have voted Dae for the Way Above Top Secret award

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Dae.
don't forget to empty a liquor store on your way out, some champagne and scotch makes the fight a bit more pleasant

Dae

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
hehe I posted on a manly man post and got a vote, awsome

top topics

<< 1   >>

join