It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Man's Challenge- Destroying Armored Vehicles!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Your country has turned against it's citizens.

You have an 5.56mm rifle, with scope. 2000 rounds of ammo, you live in an underground bunker. you took your neighbors daughter for safe keeping. You have food and water for months.

The troops are in your area, You stocked up on ammo, but no grenades, no homade RPG's, and they have tanks and apc's.

How do you take out the Armored Vehicles?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Using fire...

Mixing some molotov cocktails or even better home made napalm (gasoline and styrofoam) and throw it at the right place. If you can melt the tires then the vehicle will get stuck. A bit more difficult with tanks though. But basically if you can make it hot enough for long enough you will melt important equipment and the thing will become useless. That was my first thought anyway=)

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Use molotovs on Air intakes, both for engine and crew, pretty effectively disables AFVs

Rest of my actionswould depend on how sexy/old the neighbours daughter is...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Everything manmade has weak points. Just target them

On a tank, that would be the viewing mirrors, delicate joints on the treads, joins in the underbelly, possibly exhaust vents, and perhaps even the actual barrels of the mounted weapons themselves. Be creative!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Dig trenches in strategic choke points which to conceal, so the armor falls in and can be used as bait to lure in more targets so as to enrichen the enviornment....

Oh, theoretically you mean...

Yeah, that's what I would do sure is. Baracades could also be used to deter, layered and reinforced to survive a few large munition impacts. This will give them second thoughts on wasteing time, and allow counter forces to flank and skirmish.

Of course improvised anti armor could be utilized, how ever that is a situation by situation type of thing. Preplanning would have to fall in with locations to aquire fabrication materials. Also safe lines of departure, and rally points ought to be figured ahead of time as sop.

Last but not least, use the examples that have proven to have already worked. Look to history to reveil the way. Any one recall the Iraq mud incident?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Btw, in real scenarion i'd leave the APCs and Tanks alone and concentrated my action against soft targets like supply, command posts, personell, commlinks...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Standard procedure is to disable the tracking mechanism.
However, with anti-personnel dev's installed on all current models, this could prove difficult.

Watch the smoke launchers. You never know who might get out with what intentions.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Your country has turned against it's citizens: Checked. In the USA at least. I think the rest of the world still have a bit of freedom left.

You live in an underground bunker: Why do you hate your government? Have a nice trip in re-education camp!

Just kidding!

You throw paint balloons into the optical sights, so they have to expose their head and they become as much vulnerable as you are. If you can live long enough to get inside the tank before the troops overwhelms you, you either steal stuff to your advantage or you sabotage it.

Then you die in a fire. What did you expect, bro, you though you and the neighbors daughter could defeat an army?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Deleted because i think i may have gone a little too far in my advice. My bad.

Sorry - its gone now.

Nothing to see here....move along now!

[edit on 24-8-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
However, with anti-personnel dev's installed on all current models, this could prove difficult.

what type of anti personel devices are installed on current models?

justin

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
wire, lots of it, in rolls, preferably concealed in brush..

watch them climb out of their tank to cut the stuff and kill them. if driver stays in the vehicle you need to be quick and jump in with a knife or sidearm, which sucks, because it inevitably messes up your new toy. at this point, all you need is a wire cutter and some time and you got yourself a tank to complement your inventory

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3

what type of anti personel devices are installed on current models?

justin

7.62mm main-gun (correct caliber?), grenade launcher, usually a couple of 5.56mm rapid-fire weapons just for what is termed "crowd control".
At least, that's what I saw on the Military Channel.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My reply would depend on if there is infantry supporting the armor. If there is you have to get rid of the infantry first, without the armor getting rid of you. If at all possible I'd try to create a situation like they used in the movie "Battle of the Bulge". Rig up a way of flooding an area with flammable liquid and then flood it and ignite it when they get there. Might get rid of the infantry too.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If your neighbour’s daughter allows you to, burgle your local library and obtain a chemistry book. Read it from cover to cover, especially the bit about picric acid and its uses.

Alternatively, forget about Styrofoam and washing powder. To make the perfect Fire Bomb, just use the following recipe:

Ingredients:

1 Part Vodka
Tabasco Sauce
1 Part Jack Daniel's
1 Part Jose Cuervo Tequila

Method;

Shake with ice, pour into a highball glass and drink.

Give a couple to you neighbour’s daughter, have great sex with her, and forget about the bloody tanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bufordny
Your country has turned against it's citizens.

You have an 5.56mm rifle, with scope. 2000 rounds of ammo, you live in an underground bunker. you took your neighbors daughter for safe keeping. You have food and water for months.

The troops are in your area, You stocked up on ammo, but no grenades, no homade RPG's, and they have tanks and apc's.

Hang on, I've taken my neighbors daughter for safe keeping in my underground bunker? You have obviously put a lot of thought into this fanta...scenario.

Sorry couldn't help myself, nothing wrong with a tarzan/apocalypse type fantasy every now and again.

Just in case you want to talk about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In all seriousness, to play along here are my various answers on how to take out the tanks:

1) They've got tanks man! Take the neighbors daughter and run like hell! Someplace quiet and peaceful. I hear Oregon is nice during an uprising.

2) Is the neighbors daughter a hottie? If so, two words: Bikini Distraction. Just remember you're supposed to keep the scope of the rifle pointed at the tanks so when the horny soldiers start crawling out of it waving nylons and chocolate bars in the air you can go all Lee Harvey on 'em.

3) I would think treads are the key. Considering you are in an underground bunker you've obviously prepared and have all sorts of house hold chemicals and a copy or books like The Anarchists Cookbook, The Poor Mans James Bond etc.

So what ya do is you make up some packs of home made explosive with somesort of macgyvered remote detonater, some flypaper and a whole lot of luck and you've got yourself an updated sticky bomb (thank you Tom Hanks).

And I don't want to hear ya can't do it. You've built an underground bunker you can totally pull this off. Also depending on how many extension chords and microwave ovens you have handy you can do some serious damage with the right chemicals and a microwave oven.

I think though the right choice is number 1.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

7.62mm main-gun (correct caliber?), grenade launcher, usually a couple of 5.56mm rapid-fire weapons just for what is termed "crowd control".
At least, that's what I saw on the Military Channel.

calibre could be either 7.62mm or 12.7mm (0.5 inch) depending on what type of tank/apc. sounds like a tank/apc with a hell of a lot of machine guns on. a bradley has 1 7.62mm machine gun, stryker carries either a 0.5 machine gun, or a 7.62mm machine gun or an mk19 grenade launcher.

i thought you ment it had proximity or remotely detonated outward exploding anti personel mines on the side or something.

justin

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've heard rumors they employ very potent pepper gas now, and things like that.
Then race at the enemy to disrupt. Not necessarily run them down.
I don't know, but I've heard bar room talk.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So you've been tasked with keeping your neighbor's daughter safe eh? Well then obviously your priority is protecting her, not going out of your way to demolish armored vehicles. Best you can do is scram when you have the chance. And if all else fails hide in your bunker.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Keep away from the armour, if you want to live that is.

knock one out and people are gonna know, even if you find one all on its own and destroy it to show how powerful you are, you can rest assured the rest of their unit will be hunting you down.

If the s#!t hits the fan then you best bet is to hide. if you see troops, dont irritate them, keep out of sight. If you dont irritate my dog he is friendly, if you kick him in teh face he bites - same idea here

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sorry but I’ve seen how the US military trains for close urban combat especially patrols, usually its an MBT of several APC's, more commonly now Strykers and they patrol with infantry around the perimeter. Your cocktail thing isn't going to work, you'll get shot either before you throw it or shortly thereafter. And if you throw it from some high building, same deal, your fate is sealed that building it getting searched and or demolished. And an RPG might hit whatever you’re trying to hit but again you're going to get spotted and IMO caught/killed shortly thereafter, so to sum it all up you're going to have a short but exiting live anyway. So why waste it tying to kill an APC? Me, I'd be more interested in spending that time with the neighbors daughter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join