It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theoretical physicist predicted Iran attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Theoretical physicist Lubos Lumo Motl appears to have correctly predicted Iran's attack on the Romanian oil rig back on April 27, 2006. It may just be a lucky guess, but it certainly caught my eye, and seeing that he is into string theory, that may make this even cooler. Could he have used string theory to select the date and the event so accurately?

According to his website, Motl has a PhD from Rutgers University, is a Junior Fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows, is a co-founder and moderator of the SCI.physics.STRINGS USENET newsgroup, and is an Assistant professor of string theory at Jefferson Laboratories.

I discovered his site through searches, and noted the date of a page on his blog from April 27, 2006, and the following post:

Iran may nuke Czechia, Italy, Romania

According to Haaretz, Iran has just received a first batch of BM-25 missiles from its ally in the Axis of Evil, namely North Korea. They are able to carry nuclear warheads and attack countries such as the Czech Republic, Italy, and Romania.

Such a conflict is not hard to start. Imagine that sometime in the future, for example on August 22nd, 2006, Iranian troops suddenly attack Romanian oil rigs on their territory. Romania will respond nervously - and the mad president of Iran will have an opportunity to check out his nukes.

Bold emphasis mine. His Haaretz link is not working, curiously. But that does not mean a whole lot to me as I have often seen links not work after a while. And granted, the rest of the post seems a little wack...Or is it? What IS wierd is that his "lucky guess" post appears to be his last entry in the blog. And that starts making me wonder if this isn't another wack job "I predicted this guy" like, uhh, who was that dude? Soloman or something? (In other words, he could have just changed the date of the post. And the way that date is displayed makes me suspicious too.)

I'm not sure if anyone else has this story yet, because at the moment it appears that I discovered this, so to speak. If anyone sees anything to the contrary, please let me know.

Edit to add just for those that don't know the news that Iran seized the oil rig, or doubted it's credibility:

From CNN International:

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 Posted: 1041 GMT (1841 HKT)

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) -- A Romanian oil rig off the coast of Iran came under fire from an Iranian warship and was later occupied by Iranian troops, a company spokesman said.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I know this guy is accurate as far as dates go but I predicted iran when he hit afghan.. i also predicted iraq after afghan and now im predicting after iran if we make it that far syria and NK im sure will be next... Bush is doing a strategic attack.. Afghan then iraq and why not have all soldiers from both afghan and iraq merge in on iran well sending parachuters oh and not to mention all the other thousands of troops that will eventually invade.. USA gov is a sham scam.... THey are evil!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdem02
...Afghan then iraq and why not have all soldiers from both afghan and iraq merge in on iran well sending parachuters oh and not to mention all the other thousands of troops that will eventually invade...

i've thought this since it happened. just look at a map and you see an apparant middle east takeover. sandwich the most powerful in the country in the region through not only military placement, but FEAR as well. it was just too perfect of an opportunity, speaking from a Starcraft point of view. i hate to bring up Starcraft, but once you play this game in multiplayer, you'll see how and why the world is like it is really. It helps you step out of the mind state that every government on this world is hunky dory with everything and they just trade freely and only those bent on destruction or world unification accomplish evil wars. no, resources accomplish evil wars. world unification is inevitable, no one is trying to accomplish that through wars, trust me. A one world America is not unification. And Jefferey Dahmer is not in control of North Korea. We are just watching our infant race... uh, race for the resources(no pun intended).

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The Romanians sort of shrugged off the whole situation, maybe because they know Iran is close to nuke capability (if not already)

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
True American,
I would be interested to see this guys "track record" on other predictions-so we can see if he is consistent.
Sounds amazing,if he is using string theory to somehow predict the future.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
True American,
I would be interested to see this guys "track record" on other predictions-so we can see if he is consistent.
Sounds amazing,if he is using string theory to somehow predict the future.

Well SS, that's just it. I don't know if he has a prediction track record, because this apparently wasn't meant as a "prediction" with the direct intent of predicting anything. And to be honest, atm I don't even remember how I found it, but was browsing through some google searches when- oh yeah, now I remember: I think when that story about Iran attacking the Romanian oil rig came about, I started doing searches on the date, August 22, because there was very little available about it. And that's when I came across his blog entry, and to my surprise discovered that post. So really, I am the one calling it an "unintentional" prediction, and I haven't really heard anything else about it. Wierd, huh?

[edit on 12-11-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It sure is weird,cool thread.
I`ll see if i can find out anything about the scientists history tomorrow,when i have a bit more time.
It does seem a bizarrely accurate prediction though.

new topics

top topics

join