It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inquisitions past and present, seldom concern themselves with the truth, only the status quo.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The purpose of the Inquisition masters of the past as is true with the inquisition masters of today is to protect the people from the truth. Several on this board have turned skepticism into inquisition that borders on persecution of anyone that gets close to telling the truth, mainly because it doesn’t fit their model of reality.

In addition proof is only fodder for these debunkers; even the landing of a vehicle of extraterrestrial origin would not be believable to those locked into the mindset that human intelligence is what makes the world go round. They simply buy into the lie that the craft is the product of secret military budgets; to them there is no other explanation that would fit their view of reality.

We humans are a bit egotistical and have problems swallowing the idea that we are not number one in the universe, and the leaders of technological wizardry.

Certainly there are many bogus posters on ATS but that actuality is part of the nature we call existence, in this life we have to sift through tons of dirt before discovering anything of value like diamonds, gold, or a good handle on what and why we are.

That’s what this life is all about---finding useful stuff to fill in the pieces of the puzzle. Everyone will do it at their own pace because we have all the time in the world and the universe to do it in---most will not finish their puzzle during this life time or the next, etc.

Many people waste their time living in the status quo---fool’s gold---it is plentiful and easy to find, it’s known as common knowledge---but that’s good enough for those who prefer to live in the bubble, which is easier than putting forth the effort required to fill in that big puzzle.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
Several on this board have turned skepticism into inquisition that borders on persecution of anyone that gets close to telling the truth, mainly because it doesn’t fit their model of reality.

Any time someone suggests that I (a skeptic) am not accepting something because it "doesn't fit my model of reality", I can be pretty sure the accuser hasn't got the evidence to back up their claim - whatever it is.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
How beautifully conveyed.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The purpose of the Inquisition masters of the past as is true with the inquisition masters of today is to protect the people from the truth.

I had the idea that the purpose of the Inquisition was to keep people in the official mindset of the ruling classes, that at the time was considered the truth (I am only speaking of the Inquisition masters of the past, I do not know any Inquisition master from today).

We humans are a bit egotistical and have problems swallowing the idea that we are not number one in the universe, and the leaders of technological wizardry.

Some of us are egotistical, while others look like they have an inferiority complex that makes them think that we must be an inferior species when compared to something, and as that something was never found (until now), they grab the first thing they find or imagine, and that could be gods, angels, ETs, dolphins, vampires, etc.

Certainly there are many bogus posters on ATS but that actuality is part of the nature we call existence, in this life we have to sift through tons of dirt before discovering anything of value like diamonds, gold, or a good handle on what and why we are.

Funny, by something of value I was expecting that you have said "truth"...

That’s what this life is all about---finding useful stuff to fill in the pieces of the puzzle. Everyone will do it at their own pace because we have all the time in the world and the universe to do it in---most will not finish their puzzle during this life time or the next, etc.

OK, then let them do it at their own pace, do not push them in any direction, even if you push them in the right direction they could fall, and if they had not fallen maybe they could have found a piece of the puzzle that you will never find.

Many people waste their time living in the status quo---fool’s gold---it is plentiful and easy to find, it’s known as common knowledge---but that’s good enough for those who prefer to live in the bubble, which is easier than putting forth the effort required to fill in that big puzzle.

We can only live in the status quo, we cannot live in a parallel "status" different from the "quo" (I hope you understand what I mean).

Today's status quo was the future of yesterday, so if you want to change the status quo of tomorrow change the common knowledge of today.

How can we do that?

It depends, knowledge comes in many forms, we can teach more people to read, we can show people how to think for themselves, but we cannot force knowledge on people, knowledge can only exist when the people acquire it, and if we force it on someone, even if it is the truth (or what we suppose is the truth), that someone will see it as some forced information, not as knowledge, so that knowledge is wasted.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brittany
How beautifully conveyed.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

knowledge comes in many forms, we can teach more people to read, we can show people how to think for themselves, but we cannot force knowledge on people, knowledge can only exist when the people acquire it, and if we force it on someone, even if it is the truth (or what we suppose is the truth), that someone will see it as some forced information, not as knowledge, so that knowledge is wasted.

So you are saying that much of humanity is full of knowledge? The problem with that is that much of humanity believes we are it----some will go further and say that perhaps microbes exist somewhere in the universe.

Sorry but I don’t consider that knowledge, only status quo---people for the most part believe what their political, religious, educational leaders tell them.

It would be great if people did acquire knowledge on their own but it rarely happens that way.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
One thing I have observed is, people will have to have there own expereinces to really know and understand.

We can put the word out, we just have to learn how to handle being critized, this is the way it is. I believe we have to hope for the best.

There is a lot of proof but there is always those that will claim that is not enough or it is fake.

Back in our days you know how different it was, this generation has a lot more technology and openess.

I do think trying to explain about a different reality is quite difficult.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

So you are saying that much of humanity is full of knowledge? The problem with that is that much of humanity believes we are it----some will go further and say that perhaps microbes exist somewhere in the universe.

I think much of humanity does indeed think we are not alone in the Universe. But when it comes down to asking if they think that, some who do think it will say they don't or they are saying they do exist but just haven't come here yet.

I think it would be arrogant to think that we are the only inhabited Planet.
However, I may beleive we are not alone, and they may have superior intelligence, but I refuse to accept they are "above us". Or that they created us. They are not Gods. Not mine anyways. If they are here, possibly they have ways of orchestrating events by some form of control. Surely they can and they do. But this is only after they discovered a Blue Planet full of humans, not prior to it.

With all the information and accounts being presented, it becomes difficult to "go through the dirt" as you say, and decide what is credible, what is a serious consideration and what is bunk. It becomes he said, she said, I know, you don't, I'm right and your wrong .

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The moral of the statement is. Truth is in life. Live in truth. The universe talked to me today... it said, "stop trying to be in control and give in to what you are."

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The difference between a skeptic and a pseudo-skeptic is like the difference between the planet Venus and a flying pulsating light that makes right angle turns at 5000 mph

Check out this short commentary on what makes a pseudo-skeptic. From the article:

"skepticism" properly refers to doubt rather than denial--nonbelief rather than belief--critics who take the negative rather than an agnostic position but still call themselves "skeptics" are actually pseudo-skeptics..."

Someone who shows up in every UFO thread already knowing UFOs don't exist cannot by definition be called a skeptic. They have no doubts at all, only the surety of an unchanging denial.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

So you are saying that much of humanity is full of knowledge?

No, I didn't say that.

The problem with that is that much of humanity believes we are it

It? I do not understand what you mean.

----some will go further and say that perhaps microbes exist somewhere in the universe.

And some will go even further, why do you stop at those?

Sorry but I don’t consider that knowledge, only status quo---people for the most part believe what their political, religious, educational leaders tell them.

Maybe we are talking about different things.

When I speak of "knowledge" I really mean "knowledge", not knowledge of a specific theme.

Also, when I speak of "status quo" I speak of the whole "status quo" not just the status quo of a specific branch of humanity.

It would be great if people did acquire knowledge on their own but it rarely happens that way.

Give them the chance and show them what they have to gain if they increase their knowledge and they will do it.

Have you ever tried to teach something to a child?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
One thing I have observed is, people will have to have there own expereinces to really know and understand.

We can put the word out, we just have to learn how to handle being critized, this is the way it is. I believe we have to hope for the best.

There is a lot of proof but there is always those that will claim that is not enough or it is fake.

Back in our days you know how different it was, this generation has a lot more technology and openess.

I do think trying to explain about a different reality is quite difficult.

Hi observe50

I’m not a teacher here to teach or someone trying to get people to listen to me, I simply tell what I know and have experienced, for some reason that bothers a few people.

People with certain experiences have a tendency to want to let others know about what they know, they write books, do lectures, make movies or get on boards as this one---and tell their story.

Perhaps it’s a human flaw to want to tell these things but it has also been a means to get information out---that’s why we have libraries people lean from the experience of others.

Libraries are full of crazy ideas and have been targets of destruction throughout history because they harbor ideas contrary to the beliefs of the new conquers.

People sometimes forget that libraries and certain individuals that contribute info are reservoirs of information nothing more---you take what you want and can use and leave the rest for someone else.

Why is that so difficult?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Access Denied,

What is wrong with we expereincers sharing with you what we experienced, it's free.

We don't ask you to believe, so why are we put down. Why do people keep saying prove from what I see the only proof that will be exceptable will be open contact all over Earth in Mass.

I'm not a hoaxer, but to tell you that do you believe me?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Subsequently, I was also in telepathic contact with an alien race at one time, it only lasted a few weeks, but they did show me their craft, at a fairly far distance in the night sky. I've tried to verbalize and project this story in an honest conveyence more than I can keep track of. I've lost friends, I've lost trust in family members, I've lost my religion. But to lose is to recognize gain, a simple generalization of life: for without one there is not the other. I have learned that this statement is true for everything except existence... for in regards to existence(the definitive nature of the word) there is no duality or mirror, -nothing- is truly non existent. There can never be non-existence or nothingness because it is precisely that... nothing. This is our eternity. This is our heaven or our hell. Perhaps us contactees should rendez vous, a great thing may bloom of it.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i have no problem admitting that we arent the end all of the universe but that wont make me blindly believe anyone's story or photograph. as much as i want these things to be true i personally have come to the conclusion that i will need to experience these things for myself to be satisfied they are real and of any kind of importance. well, that are just forget about it and go on with my life. is that ego or arrogant? i would think that expecting EVERYONE to believe your story or evidence to be equally arrogant. either side is equally capable of the "how dare you question MY viewpoint!" attitude.
i personally look at this and other conspiricy theories with this analogy. anyone who has worked in some kind of grocery store will appreciate it. you get a customer once and a while looking for a specific product. they'll come up to you and ask for brand x bread. after telling them you are out they will immedietly ask you if you have it in the backroom. ahh yes, the mysterious backroom vault where all your shopping needs are waiting to be answered "if only that little punk would let me check, store policy be damned!" of course you'll regretfully tell them "no ma'am. im sorry there will be more on thursday" to which they will promptly ask "are you sure??". when that goes no where they walk away frustrated only to be spotted 5 minutes later asking one of your co-workers the same thing! it must be a lie! a conspiricy! those lazy people are loarding that power! that exclusive access to the secret chamber of over stocked goodness! some people just refuse to believe the truth and some are frustrated they cant convey their truth. its the partly sad but sometimes helpful condition the glorified combination of matter and systems we call the human being.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
No I don't believe you but so what? Perhaps the question you should be asking yourself is why is it so important to you that I or anyone else believe you?

Also, I should point out doing it for "free" doesn't make you any more or less credible... it just makes you less liable... however doing it anonymously means all are bets are off.

good points Access Denied. i think we all should really contemplate WHY it is so important that these experiences are accepted by all. what are you really trying to prove or get out of it?

and as for the "free" issue. there was a commercial on the radio the other day about some guy who supposedly gave out a million dollars worth of his money making tactics book. now down the line you have to ask "wheres the catch?", "when am i going to have to really pay for this stuff?". nothings free in this universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Actually everything is free in this universe, Man is the one who has gave way to the creation of money.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture
Actually everything is free in this universe, Man is the one who has gave way to the creation of money.

Money makes the exchange of goods and services less messy.

If I were to trade two cows and three pigs in exchange for you repairing my roof the cows and pigs would poop all over the place before the transaction was carried out and who would clean up the mess? Plus how would I get them to you if you lived across town?

Without the convenience of money there would be no cars, no modern society we would all be living like they do in countries that have little money, like animals.

Money and the ability to make it are gifts of convenience given to us by the ETs.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I would not accept cows and pigs. I am vegan. I don't slaughter kind spirits. Your money inquery is far from truth. Money was derived from man's lack of God. In his trek for power he lost himself in the lust of a new commodity. Not only does money destroy the hearts and mind of man, it also destroys the ecosystem of the Earth. Money has caused man to hate his neighbor. We would do fine as a society without money knifing through our common human bond. If you believe that E.T. gave us money, then we have been dealing with the wrong E.T. civilization. Today's civilization is seeing a decline in ethics and morals, a de-evolution, and a worship of ignorance as a by-product of this green paper, tree killing resource referred to as money. Happiness is within the mind. Money is not needed to drive us as a society. We have lost the respect of value, and instead have indoctrinated the gleam and strive of success.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture
Your money inquery is far from truth. Money was derived from man's lack of God. In his trek for power he lost himself in the lust of a new commodity.

80 percent of the world lives in some kind of poverty; they don’t have much if any money to make their lives miserable. Some of them are kept alive with food and clean drinking water paid for with donation of money from people in countries that have lots of money.

If money was the true culprit there would be 4.5 billion people living ideal lives because they have no money to corrupt them---yet they live worst than animals in Third World Countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join