It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The Patriots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
How many people here know of or are supporters of the Libertarian Party? If you want to be free of a police state, you should vote for them. www.lp.org if you live in the USA or www.libertarian.ca if you live in Canada. Their beliefs coincide with the original US government, not the current one.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't vote by party...I vote according to the individual candidate. All parties seek to use this "partisan politics" to screw us all over...They just have different methods of "dividing & conquering" us, but they still tend to do as they please, regardless of the Constitution. By party-voting, a voter is only establishing more credence for those career politicians to maintain a system that benefits the politician instead of The People.

In over 20 years of voting, the best vote I've ever come up with is "No Confidence".

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i used to vote for the individual but they will just fall into thier party line.....we need a third party and i think the libertatians are probably the best 3 rd choice. unfortunatly the uninformed just hear libertaian and think 'liberals'.. liberterians are the closest to true constitutionalists.... the only choices we have now are, wrong and wronger...there is more to politics than the 2 choices...it's just too bad that the the lemmings don't want to pay attention to those that run them....and control thier lives.....this will be americas downfall

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Libertarian President + Republican or Democratic Congress = Perpetual Gridlock and nothing gets done...

Besides, they'd need to field a viable candidate first... :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Parties should be eliminated they greatly hurt democracy

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebird
Parties should be eliminated they greatly hurt democracy

And what's your solution ?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Militiaman
How many people here know of or are supporters of the Libertarian Party? If you want to be free of a police state, you should vote for them. www.lp.org if you live in the USA or www.libertarian.ca if you live in Canada. Their beliefs coincide with the original US government, not the current one.

I agree with the libertarian ideology, but unfortunately, the representatives of the party usually side with the republican party on most issues, just as the green party sides with democrats, typically.

If a true libertarian emerged, I would support him/her, but more than often, "libertarian" is just another word for "conservative".

And if I were to vote for a third party, I would most likely vote for the green party.

And I agree, political parties are a threat to democracy and a burden for wise/sane decision-making.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Its just easy being an Independant (no longer Republican here). I don't vote by party either I vote for who I agree with most,sometimes its Republican,other times Democrat.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I waited to reply
posted the topic again
the sad truth is people here as everywhere dont care
Their more concerned with whats on tV
Arguing mute points
And those who do reply dont seem to understand the
real differance or dont think its got a viable chance
Hence

Nothing Changes

top topics