It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Airliner Disappears from Radar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Have you no compassion??? How about respect?

I feel your attitude is bang out of order.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
dstarsfan879905 - On Ignore (Ignorant and shameful)

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We're dealing with the death and loss of life of innocent people.
Show the miniscule amount of respect, at least.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Alright chill people.

Back to the topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarGame

lmao..and? oh no..you ignored me..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dstarsfan879905

Originally posted by WarGame

lmao..and? oh no..you ignored me..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Alright dstar, agree to disagree. now lets move on, this is totally irrelevant

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessinsanity
We're dealing with the death and loss of life of innocent people.
Show the miniscule amount of respect, at least.

if the plane, when it crashed, hit animals..would you sympathize them? What gives humans more right to live than anything else? People don't mourn when they so recklessly kill everything else that lives and breathes. Why should I show respect? Ill show respect to who I want when I want.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why would they have hit turbulance?

Can we get a forecast of what the weather was like in that area?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I would sympathise with the animals yes. I have great sympathy for any living creature that dies.

Moving on..

A Russian passenger plane carrying 170 people has crashed in eastern Ukraine.
The Tupolev-154 was flying from southern Russia to the country's second city of St Petersburg when it disappeared from radar.

Thirty bodies have been found at the crash site, about 45km (30 miles) north of Donetsk, the ministry told Reuters.

Ukraine's Emergencies Ministry told Reuters news agency the airliner had crashed in flames. Rescue workers were heading to the scene.

The airliner disappeared from air traffic radars at 1137 GMT, ministry spokesman Ihor Krol told Interfax-Ukraine news agency.

The plane had 160 passengers and 10 crew on board, and was travelling from the Black Sea resort of Anapa, the Emergencies Ministry said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
dstarsfan879905 - On Ignore (Ignorant)

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dstarsfan879905
get over it..i dont care if it crashed..i dont care if those people died..i could care less..deal with it

Upon first reading your first post I thought you were young then stupid. Now I think you are young, stupid and angry.

People died that had children or were children themselves, had families and many other people are hurting because they lost a loved one today. Be respectful!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Bodies have been found..

A Russian passenger jet with 170 people aboard crashed in Ukraine on today after sending an SOS message, emergency officials said.

The Tupolev Tu-154 plane, en route from the Russian Black Sea resort of Anapa to St Petersburg, disappeared from radar screens while flying over Ukraine, said Emergency Situations Ministry spokeswoman Yulia Stadnikova.

Minutes later, the ministry said wreckage from the plane was found on the ground.

The Interfax news agency, citing the ministry, said 30 bodies had been found.

RIA-Novosti news agency reported that the wreckage was found near the Ukrainian city of Donetsk. It said rescuers were working at the site.

The plane belongs to Pulkovo airlines, which is based in St Petersburg, Stadnikova said.

She said there were 160 passengers and 10 crew members on board.

www.breakingnews.ie...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

they wouldnt care if there was a loss to my family as i wouldnt care when there's a loss to there's. thats it. deal with my view of this topic. get over it.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by dstarsfan879905]

I would care if you or one of your loved ones perished in such a tragic fashion, and I don't know you. But I respect your point of view as well.

On topic: Has there been anything to indicate the cause of the crash as yet?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They are saying that he plane caught fire while in the air.

The plane caught fire while airborne and disappeared from Ukrainian radar screens at 2:37 p.m. Kiev time, said Ihor Krol, a ministry spokesman, by phone today from Kiev. Helicopters discovered burning wreckage from the Tupolev Tu-154 when they arrived at the scene, he said. The flight had left from the Russian town of Anapa, he said.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Very sad. I don't like any airplane or space travel go down no matter who flys (friend/ enemy) that plane/ shuttle.

However I don't mind enemy planes going down in war.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It was attempting a crash landing...

The Russian plane, which crashed in Eastern Ukraine with 160 people onboard, was trying to make a belly landing – a type of emergency landing when the aircraft uses its underside /belly/ as primary landing device. The information was provided by Gazeta Ru, citing the company owner of the plane – Pulkovo airlines. The emergency landing was initiated due to bad weather conditions. Before crashing the crew reported a fire onboard. The plane crashed at about 40 km from the Ukrainian town of Donetsk.

www.focus-fen.net...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Bad weather? Fire On board? Attempted crash landing? Sending SOS? How bad can it get?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I presume minimal to zero survivors?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My sympathies go out to the friends and families of those involved in the crash..what exactly is the safety record of the Tu-154 ? I thought that the majority of these aircraft had been replaced by western models such as the 737 etc.It appears the majority of Russian aircrashes involves these older Russian made airliners..but i will stand corrected

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My idea of what happened-

The plane was hit by lightning and an engine combusted, causing the pilots to lose control and attempt a high-speed belly landing. The plane was going too fast and crashed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join