It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeBunked Thread Ideas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
After over a year of spending time on the forums I have come to realize that alot of the new members come onto the forums with a video or images. These images etc have been proven to be fake or real for a while and I was wondering if there would be a way at all to post a thread that gives thes new members a chance to get some of there questions answered when it comes to aviation and also to lower the amount of "Jet Fighter taking off from underwater threads". I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a thread like this and what shoudl eb covered in it? Thanks for your time guys and gals.
Canada_EH

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Lets start with this one. An F-15 digitally entered over a Trident subsurface fired missile to appear as if the plane is takeing off from underwater. link provided for video as well.
www.metacafe.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i would say this thread should be locked but and you should be the one who decides what gets put in so as no pictures classed as debunked get put it and then get undebunked or argued over on the thread. aside from that any picture or video that is definatly fake should be put in.

justin

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok how about this pic of a B-2:

This is not a photo of some sort of classified technology, an electrogravitational field but is actually a lucky photo of a B-2 with a Prandtl-Glauert condensation cloud.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3
i would say this thread should be locked but and you should be the one who decides what gets put in so as no pictures classed as debunked get put it and then get undebunked or argued over on the thread. aside from that any picture or video that is definatly fake should be put in.

justin

Lol
That indeed would be an honour but I think it would have to be someone like FredT, Intelgurl that locks a thread and adds things due to submissions from the rest of us here on the aviation threads. I'd love to do it but i doubt that it would happen that I would be incharge of something like that. I'm purposing the idea though and the more things we can bring forward to submit the better we can show the need for a closed info thread like this.

Thanks for you comments justin

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
Ok how about this pic of a B-2:

This is not a photo of some sort of classified technology, an electrogravitational field but is actually a lucky photo of a B-2 with a Prandtl-Glauert condensation cloud.

Thats exactly the idea gfad. I got busy here at work but when I created the thread the whole B-2 anti-gav pic came to mind. I just posted the F-15/Trident thing because it was current.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Also here is a link to the supposed FA-37 Talon a stealth aircraft used on carriers in the MOVIE "Stealth". The plane/s used in the movie are nothin more then stage props.
www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Also what about the 3 seat F-14 that made and appearance on here a while back that was also debunked due to the identical light reflections off the third cockpit glass.
www.jimbrooks.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here is another video/images that have been debunked. The supposed "tagging" of the Airforce One. A provided link with firm evidence dispelling the fake.
www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
lollll

Cmon now..... what do you think will eventually replace the F-22 in 2020?? The F-23 "Flying Fish" which can take off from underwater.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I cant actually find the pic on my comp at the moment, however I would like to suggest the blurred picture of a triangular shaped plane in a hanger which people constantly speculate about, and was in fact a staged photo for aviation weekly before the uncovering of the B-2.

Jensy

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I dont suppose you are talking about these photos are you jensy?

If so then they are not anything to do with the B-2, but a full-scale mock up of the proposed Navy attack plane the A-12 II Avenger. The A-12 project was terminated in 1990.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Not that plane actually but a plane which I just knoticed you were talking about in the "underground facilities" forum.

Picture Taken from post started by "Secret Plane".

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah, you were right in saying that it was a mock-up but it was for discover magazine not aviation weekly. It graced the Feb 1986 cover.

February 1986 cover of Discover magazine

The image that you posted there is apparently a photo of a print-off of the above cover flipped horizontally and stretched vertically with the magazine bits cropped off and pinned to a wall .... if that makes any sense!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thanks, yeh it is a bit confusing but inevitabley it all comes down to the fact that this a commonyl heralded as anything from the Aurora to a possible contendor for the LRS project.

Jensy

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
How about a special "Flanker Ownz All" thread, where the like-minded can wax lyrical about the videogame-players' favourite fighter all day...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The Anti-gravity B-2 has been floating around ATS for years. Folks, we researched that very subject in detail of a long time. Nothing was found to prove it conclusivly.

Here's the Research

Don't just speculate out of the blue.

Tim

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hey Canada, as a historical writer on the subject of combat aviation if I saw any of the baloney you described I'd have to laugh as I know better. I gotta realize that there are lots of folks with a lot less experience and knowledge than I have that are taken in by silly stuff like that so your idea is well founded.

There are too many topics with bogus information and supposition that aren't even entertaining. They sound like little kids making up things.

If people want to discuss real events about real people and planes that's another thing entirely. Let's do that it since it makes more sense that wasting band width with PhotoShop doctored pics of phoney aircraft.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this is a fake as far as im concerened, pretty good fake though, definatly better than the sea launched f-15.

justin

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

another cool fake.

justin

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join