It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeBunked Thread Ideas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There are other planes that you see the same effect.. does that mean they all have special electro/drives

for example

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Everything seems 2 be so funny here!
You are great.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Do i see the sarcasism Meter off the charts??

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well this really wawsn't the point of the thread for one line comments. Anyways I figured I better start posting to the thread I created so here it goes. The following is a known fake of the Aurora by a UK chap who thought it would be a great April fools day joke. Either way it create quite the stir when it was released in the mag.

It was recently reported than on 27 September 1995 David Morris of Walsall, Cornwall UK took a picture of a triangular shaped plane being refueled by a KC-135, and flanked by a pair of F-111s. The unknown aircraft appeared to be about three-quarters the size of the KC-135. This picture has been widely distributed. However, the "refuelling" picture is a hoax -- it was montaged by Bill Rose for the October 1995 issue of Astronomy Now (UK) magazine. There, it is captioned "A simulation of the refuelling of the top secret 'Aurora'. Photo composition by Bill Rose

As this thread stands at this point I'll continue to post fairly "creditable" fakes that can be proven. At a later date we may get subject experts to inspect and review the postings and clean up the thread to be used as resource. Anyways that my hope and goal. Anyone who can lend evidence to current posts that would be great! In fact I remeber seeing the original pic that was doctored of the above F-111's.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Anyways while I'm on a role. More supposed Aurora pics that turnerd out to a guys model on fishing wire(visable with out alteration in photo3). He then forgot about the roll above his fridge or some electronic type equipement and developed them later on with the fuzzy effect due to the heat or something.

Link where I found the photos: Aurora Photos
The man who created the photos admited on I think a website called A-10.org either way the evidence already proves them as fakes and I did see his writtin statement.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Found some of the info for the above photos.

When Testors modeling company produced the “XR-7 Thunderdart” model I got one as soon as I could. While it was similar to the FDL-8 shape purported to be the base design of the Aurora, the top of the model was totally wrong so I began modifying it to more closely resemble the Aurora shape. When finished it bore a striking resemblance to several artworks of the Aurora model (mission accomplished!!). So naturally the next step was to photograph it. I didn’t have a ground area that I felt worked as an acceptable background, so I decided to do an “in flight“ photograph. Most of my models are hung from the ceiling of my home with a very simple bridle of monofiliment fishing line, so I just used this to hang it outside.

The original link that appears to be down: www.a-10.org...

The ATS disscusion on the photos: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well I went back and found one of my Fav debunks that we did on here a while back. It has to do with the B-2 and a supposed diff beavertail design flying around. Even waynos got punked.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It's Not a picture, but it's now officially solved. We have found conclusive Proof that the "F-19" designation was never used:

There is no Top Secret F-19 Stealth Fighter and there never was. Grab the shovel and bury this myth once and for all. Northrop skipped F-19 for the Tighershark and chose F-20 instead. No conspiracy, just a failed maketing ploy.

Tim

[edit on 3/30/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry ghost as we do agree on most things but I'm personally not going to say that its a open and closed case. There is nothing saying that they couldn't of filled in the gaps with another classified aircraft even if this was true originally. I agree that it provides the evidence as to why it was skipped orginally but it doesn't/can't say it never happened.

At the time that the article or document was published the F-19 according to John Lear would of been in full production so does that mean they would of responded that the F-19 was or wasn't avialable. Frankly i'm stumped and it boils down to at this point due to Mr Lear being uncoperative I'd have to say you look right. I was aware of the documents before you posted them here but was reserving judgement.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
I'm sorry ghost as we do agree on most things but I'm personally not going to say that its a open and closed case. There is nothing saying that they couldn't of filled in the gaps with another classified aircraft even if this was true originally. I agree that it provides the evidence as to why it was skipped orginally but it doesn't/can't say it never happened.

Don't apologise, you raise a Very GOOD Point my friend! Perhapse I'm jumping the gun a bit fast. I really believe a plane that Looks like the "F-19" Model is very real and flying from Nevada. Based on the design I also do believe it is a Lockheed aircraft.

Look at the F-19 models and compare them to the A-12 and SR-71 Blackbird Spyplanes. You will note a striking simularity in general shape. I honestly believe that the plane in question is related in some way to the Blackbird series of spy planes. In fact my guess is that it's the latest version of the Blackbird series.

At the time that the article or document was published the F-19 according to John Lear would of been in full production so does that mean they would of responded that the F-19 was or wasn't avialable. Frankly i'm stumped and it boils down to at this point due to Mr Lear being uncoperative I'd have to say you look right. I was aware of the documents before you posted them here but was reserving judgement.

Before you believe Mr. Lear, keep this in mind: I caught John in a Lie a few days ago and he has since become Extreemly hostile with me. The problem started when I posted proof that he was lying to people about the origion of the Dulce Papers. No offence, but if your waitng for John to cooperate, I really think your wasting your time my friend! John Lear wants to be the Big Show off here on ATS. I doubt (based in his actions) that he has a real intrest in trying to help us find the Truth and Deny Ignorance.

As for the documents, I've been studying them for Over Two Years before reaching the conclusion this morning that the time was right to turn them over to the ATS community. I origionally found thoes back before the Groom Lake Research Project, which I did under the origional ghost account before I left for a while and returned to ATS as Ghost01. I welcome your imput on them as I still believe they hold valuable lessons for the ATS community about the iner working of the Black World.

Thanks for your insights!

Tim

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well in an effort to keep this thread as uptodate as we can I'm adding the recentl debunked image of the CS that appeared in this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com... the image appears towards the bottom of page 2.

this image at first glance appears to be very similar to the CS but on closer inspection there are some areas that stand out as being faked.

After looking at both images the circles show some of the repeated features of the curent P-3's that japan used and the new CS. Also the wings and engines appear to be off of a 747 as the wing roots don't look right when joining the fuselage, not to forget the red prop danger mark that wasn't removed off of the CS which doesn't have props.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This is nothing more than a photoshop of the B-2 Spirit. But it caught me on a bad day!

Tim

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Keep up the great work guys.
I do read this often but u guys are great and i dont need to say a thing
until now..

Keep them coming!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
to further the B-2 photoshopped image and its info I have some info from shadowhawk.

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
It is a fake, but it's not a hoax. It was, as far as I can tell, created specifically for the Black Triangle E-Group web page to illustrate a generic "black triangle" airplane similar to those being reported by various observers.

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is a great place to visit. I am in awe of you guys! The pics are great, the articles are well written and posts are thoughtful.

You all seem to really uphold the ATS image of 'Deny Ignorance' very well.

And if you ever get all the fakes done up, that would make an awesome coffee table book. I can just imagine some of my "know-it-all" visitors finding ones they had seen or knew the history on. It would be a great way to catch them out. Somebody here makes it, put me down for a copy.

Thanks folks.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thanks NGC for the comment. At the moment we are just building a database of these types of images etc even videos. It has a dual purpose the one you mentioned and also to keep a database of information that can be used to direct new members to about these images etc if they post them. The book is a greta idea and as a graphic designer myself who know maybe one day.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, I don't post over here because there were still bi-planes being used as crop dusters when I was young, so I know zilch about much of modern aviation. Just like to learn things.

I wanted everyone here to know you are appreciated. I flagged the thread and handed out stars, because you folks are a valuable resource.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is one that shows up every so often that I have even been guilty of in the past:

The B-2 tested at Groom Lake! Yes, I know, Shadowhawk has caught me twice on this one(Guilty as charged!:lol

This myth traces it's roots back to the secret beginnings of the US Stealth program. In the earliest days, the government when out of it's way to hide information on the early stealth aircraft and their purpose. The first operational stealth aircraft was the F-117A Nighthawk. The F-117 is "officially" called a fighter, although it mission is the interdiction of key targets and covert strike.

The fact that the Nighthawk only carries bombs for an Air to Ground strike mission, has lead several sources to call the F-117 a "stealth bomber", which can cause reader to confuse the F-117 with the larger B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber.

It was a mislabeled source like this that lead me (and probably others) to believe that the B-2 had flown from Groom Lake.

SO here it is in bold:

The B-2 Spirit flew from Palmdale and was tested at Edwards Air Force Base!

The F-117 Nighthawk flew from Groom Lake in Area 51!

This myth is now Debunked, Case Closed!

Tim

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well figure I'd do one that is a grey area for how many people realize its fake. The classic image of a british navy SAR being attacked by a great white. When it was passed on in emails usally with a tag for GEO or national geographic pic of the year. None the less it is a fake.

Oiginal photos

link www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well I've found another one. This time its Russian, the Tu-180 Nevidimka.

This image was posted on April 1st 1996 on a private website and caused a huge stir and some main stream media even fell for it. The date should of been a alarm bell but a number of people really push the idea behind it and eventually its creator showed how he created the image form a Tu-160 image by removing the tail making it grainy and the like. The following is his email message.

Subject: Re: Tupolev reveals new stealth bomber.
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: 1996/04/07
On Mon, 1 Apr 1996

> Heya Alexei. Question. (not to sound offensive, but...) is this an
> April Fool's joke? (It's a good one if it is!)

Alexei wrote:

It is! So, the fun is over and for those who took it too serious, here is my reassurance - this is the only fabricated piece you will find on my page (until next April of course). I used Tu-160 photo taken by Petr Butowskii to create the hoax. Actually, it is the unusual angle of the shot which made me spend few minutes with Photoshop and got rid off tail, engines and move cockpit and gear.

I have tons of mail (including hate mail) and I would like to thank those who took it easy and know the value of a good joke. The rest of fellows... Couple of things:

1. Try to develop sense of humor. It might be just in time by next April.

2. Be critical to any news you hear. Does not matter what source is. Remember, not everything that's on the web or usenet is 100% true and take it with a bit of skepticism.

3. Lastly, not everyone who has a page on the web is knowledgeable in the subject his/her page covers. Though, it is least relevant to this particular case.
(posted intire email for clarity)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join