It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits refused to fly until Asians kicked off plane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well I don't know about the plane but the threads certainly been hijacked.

Has anyone done an extensive check on the passenger list, checked out the ethnic mix, the friends, aquantences, lovers, family of those passengers, is it possible they're all KKK supporters, what I mean is I'm sure they MUST be but there's a chance some of them were just....well afraid, misguided maybe but hardly the apartheid demanding, ranting mob of bigots that seem to switch on a green light to some.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Actually considering the British Medias reaction to events such as terrorism no wonder something like this happened...especially down to tabloids such as the Sun etc.Add this to the typical stress levels of returning home from holiday..add some alcohol and mob rule and voila !...I predict a riot...
What i find unbelievable is that despite full security checks the two Asian passengers were not allowed on board....
Its amazing what fear can do to the most rational of people..as was seen on this flight.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by bmdefiant]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
There are many countries like Pakistan-hey, that’s where the Muslim terrorist's that were going to blow up 10 British(?) civilian airliners heading to the US came from, wasn’t it???
They were going to blow them up in midflight in hopes of killing all aboard.

I call that a VERY good reason to fear them.

you apparantly missed the bit about that being a government hoax
the illeged "imminent attack" was so immenent that the suspects, not terrorists, didn't even have plane tickets yet, some didn't even have passports
search here on ats for more info on that
i'd look it up but i gotta get to sleep
just wanted to correct your ignorance and discriminatory tendencies

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
firstly, this is unfotunate and more importantly a sad state of affairs.

Might as well have 'dunked them in a mill pond' to check that they were not witches at the same time.

but..secondly, the safety of an aircraft falls directley into the hands of the pilot. No pilot i have ever met (commercial) acts irrationally and makes hasty desicions unless the immediate safety of his crew and passengers are concerning him or her.

However ridiculous these asian men may have looked the pilot would of most definatley taken other things into account before making a desicion.

The precautionary removal/accusation resulting in the wrong conclusions being drawn, lies ultimatley with him.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
it's a sweltering 19C here in the UK, why would you possibly want to wear a jumper unless you were going to blow everyone up?

They were in Malaga, which is in Spain, where I live. It gets hot in Spain in summer. In fact it gets so hot that even the locals wear as little as possible, therefore I fully understand how odd these guys must have looked, as I am sure most people would.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
What i find unbelievable is that despite full security checks the two Asian passengers were not allowed on board....
Its amazing what fear can do to the most rational of people..as was seen on this flight.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by bmdefiant]

Didn't the 9/11 bombers pass security checks?

Dae

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

Scraping the barrel that is! Yeah, if there were actual 9/11 hijackers (not bombers) yes they did pass security - pre 9/11 checks. However the security checks are nothing like we have now, these people were checked with brand new security protocols. AND as another poster noted, what were these guys going to do? Explode the plane with their jumpers?? Shoot eyeball beams?? Or maybe their funny language might explode our brains.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yep and until a week or so ago exploding baby food sounded pretty far out too.

Nobody is saying it's a great thing that muslims or those who appear to be muslim are being put under suspicion but we live in difficult times, a bit of slack needs to be cut on both sides.

I wonder how many people would deliberately use an airline who's policy made a point of not searching those of a muslim appearance, to avoid offending.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
Congratulations for being habituated into this diversion of blame unto average Muslims who are not in any way connected to terrorism; not only does this place blame upon innocents.........

Well said luxifero

You have voted Luxifero for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Is so refreshing to see an intelligent post such as yours. If I could give a way above to all the posters who express such sentiment I would.

The kind of people who refused to fly completely disgust me! These daily mail reading scum should have been the ones refused and the 2 muslims allowed to continue their journey, the journey they were legally entitled to take. The others should have been refused and forfited their right to fly.

Those people are racist plain and simple

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
it's a sweltering 19C here in the UK, why would you possibly want to wear a jumper unless you were going to blow everyone up?

well not a surprise whatsoever if these people came from a hot climate. I used to work with a guy here in the uk who was from north africa. In the summer he wore woolly hats, jumpers and drove around with the heating on full even in temperatures above 25c and sometimes approaching 30c. When you come from a country where the temperatures can be in excess of 50c in the summer, 20c is pretty chilly !!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Here we go again a lot of people blaming the governments, Well its not the governments that are putting fear into me its the person sitting on my flight wanting to kill everyone on board. And if i dont have the right to fear for my own safety then what is this coming to. Do you people who constintly stick up for these radicals not know what you are doing or are you just blind to what is going on? Or will it take (godforbid) for somebody you are close to, to fall to these terrorists before you open up your eyes and take notice.
I just can't get over the fact that these people want to blow us all up and some of you people seem to stand up for what they are doing. And those people who were on that plane may have achieved what they wanted by getting into all the tabloids so that people will feel sorry for them and in future not take any notice of that they are acting strange. Or pardon them and say
"oh sorry we will not search and question you because we will be branded racist, so please carry on and enjoy your flight, would you like a match to light the fuse?"

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hmmm, so far we've had....

English pikey scum
Daily mail reading scum

Pretty narrow opinions painted on a very broad canvass

What if I added...all Muslims are terrorists.

See the connection...recognise the hypocricy.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi, I'm Kris from Belgium and this is my first post here.
I just want to say this:
We should not forget who's to blame here ... the passenger aren't to blame, altough they are totally wrong in their oppinion abou those people being terrorists ... they're are being brainwashed by a system set up by the British government, well not only them also the US and other western countries ... they want us to think BLACK/WHITE they're the ones creating this paranoia ... th best way to react to the terroist-treat is to take all the measures possible, but not in plain sight ... what is there to win by scaring the public? Of course, this is THE way to enslave the public, this way they will grant the governments stealing their liberties ... why doesn't the government kept it quiet? Because they do'nt want that ... they setted up all this ... they wanted war in the Middle East, they are bigger then MI5 and MI6, they are bigger than war, they are bigger than the maffia, the fbi, the cia, the only thing wich is gonna stop these world-events from unfolding is by a solid mass of rage by the people, a scream from the back or you troath, enough is enough, who do you think they are? I'm sick of this ... I mean, the truth is hidden in plain view ... just ask yourself ... WHO BENEFITS? Some guy in a cave in Afghanistan? I'm sick of it and I get even sicker that I cvan't talk to people about the things I think because they'd look at me likE I'm some sort of twisted conspiracy-nut ... but I'm not, I've always been very very sceptic towards any form om conspircay theory, but the latest year it started piling up in my head I mean people WAKE UP, I think this is the only place where people are thinking the same things

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche

English pikey scum
Daily mail reading scum

I agree. Just because they reacted nervously does not make them conservative scum. It does not make them scum. They reacted honestly in their own minds to what they percieved was a threat. The stimulus seems to have been provoked by media panic.

These people are not bad people, they are oridinary citizens who trust the authorities to be honest with threats and believed they were acting in their best interests.

It is the anti-terror hysteria that is being whipped up that is to blame. Not the individuals on either side.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bramski

British holidaymakers staged an unprecedented mutiny - refusing to allow their flight to take off until two men they feared were terrorists were forcibly removed.

The extraordinary scenes happened after some of the 150 passengers on a Malaga-Manchester flight overheard two men of Asian appearance apparently talking Arabic.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm pretty shocked at this, the media hype must really be putting the [Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.] up some people.

Full story here

dailymail.co.uk

[edit on 20/8/2006 by Umbrax]

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 20-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

Im not shocked at all...

Now the "terrorists" are the islamic people (acording to the mainstream media)

in the future, when this idea doesnt sell anymore, the terrorists may be any one...

And when the "onboard terrorist " idea doesn´t work anymore they will invent anothe dird flue, mad cow, dioxin, religios miracle, a new war that was already happening but no one cared about...you see?

I, just like any other pearson like to be informed but, the way mainstream media is behaving these days is inadmissible. they are literaly seling us terror stories to keep us in front of the tv sreens.

They are using the audiences as sheep.

Sorry guys, I know you all know this but, I had to tell it

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

Scraping the barrel that is! Yeah, if there were actual 9/11 hijackers (not bombers) yes they did pass security - pre 9/11 checks. However the security checks are nothing like we have now, these people were checked with brand new security protocols. AND as another poster noted, what were these guys going to do? Explode the plane with their jumpers?? Shoot eyeball beams?? Or maybe their funny language might explode our brains.

'Scraping the barrel'? How exactly?

You just don't get it do you? We won't know what they are going to do until they have done it.

It is all very well trying (and failing dismally) to be funny, how about contributing seriously to the debate?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche

English pikey scum
Daily mail reading scum

I am with you totally ubermunche. It is all very well and good for one side to abuse us and our kind, but the moment they detect the faintest hint of it being returned it is racist.

Hmm, where is the balance in that?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jgruh4e
Hi XphilePhan,

with your unbeliavable level of ignorance an outward stupidity, you have deserved the first place in my ignore list. Congratulations!

maybe you should re-read what I was saying it apparently went right over your head.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Most of you think the people on the plane should of ignored these 2 individuals....

With that line of thought....Ricard Reid would have suceeded in setting off his expolsive shoes. The people next to him did nothing. Luckily (for the passangers) a flight attendent took notice and stopped the plane from being blown up.

I guess the people that were on Ftl 93 were being racist because they fought back (though IMO flt 93 was shot down).

So your way to solve this problem is let them get on board......if the plane blows up...it's just another day.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33

Im not shocked at all...

Now the "terrorists" are the islamic people (acording to the mainstream media)

in the future, when this idea doesnt sell anymore, the terrorists may be any one...

And when the "onboard terrorist " idea doesn´t work anymore they will invent anothe dird flue, mad cow, dioxin, religios miracle, a new war that was already happening but no one cared about...you see?

I, just like any other pearson like to be informed but, the way mainstream media is behaving these days is inadmissible. they are literaly seling us terror stories to keep us in front of the tv sreens.

They are using the audiences as sheep.

Sorry guys, I know you all know this but, I had to tell it

We all are guilty of short memories, but it wasn't long after flights resumed in 2001 that some passengers insisted on the removal of two 'obvious Arab types who were speaking in their fould middle eastern tongue.' they turned out to be Hassidic Jews.

Most Americans wouldn't know Arabic if it came with free-floating subtitles. 99% don't know that OBL speaks mainly Pashtun, not Arabic. Few would know the difference between North Africans and Arabs.

But if we are going to accept the notion that anyone 'different' is to be shunned and excluded, we'd best get on with opening those detention camps now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join