It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits refused to fly until Asians kicked off plane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
The title of the thread sounds misleading- 'Brits refused to fly until Asisns kicked off plane.'

Looking at it now it does sound a bit misleading, like they were frogmarching Asian women and children and Asian Families off the plane, but at the time I was just reiterating what the article was saying and I was trying to keep it short and succinct. But, I wonder how long it will be before people really are refusing to travel with people who even appear to be Asian if this campaign of fear continues.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Supervisor report:

Problem : Pilot refused to fly, fearing for the passengers safety, and his own.
Solution : Pilot replaced, Mr. Kamakazee is now pilot of flight 227.

Sorry... My imagination kicks in when it really shouldnt.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is pretty sad. Those poor guys didn't do anything. Even their behavior was not that scary. Looking at their watches and talking in Arabic? I mean, what, Arabs aren't allowed to look at their wristwatches as much as they want? I feel sad for the passengers that kicked them off the plane. They have been threatened and had terrorism scares pounded relentlessly into their heads. How else do you expect them to react? Given the current climate, their actions were logical in their own minds.

So we have two sets of victims here. Middle Easterners who will be labeled as bombing carrying nuts and ostracized from society. Then you have your average white person who is being bombarded with programed fear and paranoia who will not be able to live their lives normal again.

I honestly hope this will be an isolated incident and a fluke because of the recent hysteria that has been whipped up.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I feel sad for the passengers that kicked them off the plane. They have been threatened and had terrorism scares pounded relentlessly into their heads. How else do you expect them to react? Given the current climate, their actions were logical in their own minds.

Yes, you words are true... to an extent.

If only a handful of people were worried, then that brings to mind an issue: Either no one else thought these people were possible terrorists, or they chose to hold their tongues.

However, I still re-iterate my point from earlier -- after having the entire plane checked out, *and* the 'suspects'... these people still refused to fly with the Asians on the plane.
That action alone (the act of absolute refusal to fly with those people on the plane) steps out of the bounds of logic (which, by the way, cannot, nor should not be ruled by fear...), and steps into the region of hatred based on appearances. That, to me, is illogical.. not only immoral.

People get scared all the time. Other people play up on that. Fine, whatever. But when is logic truly going to come back into play?? ...logic, stepping outside of one's own little bubble and viewing the situation from an outside, objective stand point.. that alone would negate the fear (caused by both terrorists and those projecting the terror.. be they Islamic or not..)....

For being a civilization, we are not being very civilized...
For an 'educated' society, our actions bely our ignorance...

To let emotions rule our actions shows our true level of maturity.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Diseria]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Considering how many Muslims haven't been trying to blow up planes, the simple fact that someone is Muslim should not be a concern. As well, these people were harassed because they were 'Asian' and spoke an Arabic-sounding language, not because they were Muslim. Please get your facts straight. Most Muslims in the world do not even live in the Middle East. Thanks.

The simple fact that we don't know exactly which of them is nuts enough to blow up a plane full of people is reason enough for people to act this way. Maybe the government will take the hint and start profiling those scumbags. If you disagree with me now then maybe you will feel different if you find yourself laying on the floor with a knife sliding through your throat with some nutcase standing over you screaming "ALLAH AKBAR"!

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Its kinda funny when Something like this happens with UK Passengers, they are criticised for it. I would rather make sure that there were no 1 onboard a plane looking suspicous, than having someone on the plane looking suspicious and not doing anything about it. This is nothing new, same thing happenned during the troubles.

Funny how some of our American cousins are calling this disgraceful, when your Gov Authorities are refusing to allow Asian tourists in. Which has been discussed on another thread.. Link below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Haha some of you guys here are hilarious. I would love to sit next to some of you silly nellies admitting to biggotry with your comments on an airliner and just speak Arabic the whole ride. I would have a great laugh at how stupidly paranoid and fearful you are of someone of a different culture. AHAHAHA MAN ITS SOO FUNNY I WISH I COULD GET THAT ON CAMERA!! A great video to show friends when were bored.

"Oh look how scared this complete idiot moron is of me because I am not white and also speak Arabic. Of course he must think I am a Muslim too, considering absolutley noone of any other religion would care to learn Arabic language at all for whatever reasons they are free by right to pursue."

Hmm, I am sure the unsentient language of Arabic is the pure cause of all terrorism in the world.... yes of this I am certain. We must devise a way to figure out if people speak Arabic by scanning their brains with new technology and refusing them access to travel for doing so.

I am truly sorry, but this thread has some seriously hilarious responses. I get the feeling I can just sit next to some of you at a subway or city bus and go "BOO" and you will jump terrorist. Really, this is a serious concern of mine. Please, get help! You are just too damn scaredy and cowardly.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This really is just disgusting.....
They let fear get the best of them and refused to fly because someone Asian was speaking Arabic. after a full plane search they were still kicked off, biggotry at its best. I had an Asian person with a turban on nervously looking around on a plane I was on, was he kicked off? No.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
This is pretty sad. Those poor guys didn't do anything. Even their behavior was not that scary. Looking at their watches and talking in Arabic? I mean, what, Arabs aren't allowed to look at their wristwatches as much as they want? I feel sad for the passengers that kicked them off the plane. They have been threatened and had terrorism scares pounded relentlessly into their heads. How else do you expect them to react? Given the current climate, their actions were logical in their own minds.

So we have two sets of victims here. Middle Easterners who will be labeled as bombing carrying nuts and ostracized from society. Then you have your average white person who is being bombarded with programed fear and paranoia who will not be able to live their lives normal again.

So how do we know these guys WERE in fact innocent and had not been ready to exploit a loophole they had identified in airport security? We don't.

So for all of those who are pleading for sympathy for them, think again. How do you know they did not fly on to their destination ultimately, unable to put their plan into effect because they were subject to such close scrutiny?

How do you know that they are not now planning an atrocity, having learned not to wear heavy clothing next time?

I would bet that, when they continued their journey later, the cabin crew watched them very closely indeed.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I think this is the best way to fight terrorism is to ignore and treat these people as outsiders and cut ties with them until they of their own volition decide to eliminate the aspect of their society that does these things.

So in other words, continue the social and economic alienation that lead many muslims to radicalism in the first place. Yeah good plan.

let me get this straight...the people who are commiting terrorist acts feel alienated? so to feel less alienated they have decided to kill the people they feel alienated by to be more accepted by them?

Do you see the flaw in your logic here?

These people are not after acceptance in the eyes of the western world. Thats not hard to get anyway. these people WANT to be alienated....they are motivated by a religous/race hatred of the west and they want the west to take measures to remove their influences from their society which is obviously not going to happen because those influences are being perpertrated by their own countrymen.

Opening your arms and rewarding them and saying "come here you cute little terrorist, I love you" is not going to solve the problem. They HATE you....and what ever excuse is enough for them.

The only way you will solve this or combat it without coming to actual physical violence is to alienate their society all together and you say "well that will make them hate us more" not neccesarily....

As has been said before "not all muslims are terrorists" TRUE

there is a small percentage of them that are and a large number that are not.

If you apply social and economic p[ressure EQUALLY to ALL of them the majority that are not terrorists will do one of two things....

take measures to eliminate the undesireable portion of their society....(not kill them! Incarceration)

or......

they will look the other way and not give these people up which they are doing anyway.....

so if it doesnt work, have you really lost anything? not really.....but would you rather try weeding them out and having to kill them and create more?

If it works you have found a non-violent productive and life saving way to deal with these people.

Is it not preferable to ignore them rather than kill them? (innocents included)

BTW...most of the terrorists are not "poor" or "alienated"......

OBL was educated in the United States and comes from a rich Saudi background so that voids that arguement all together.

now if you mean palestinians...that may be somewhat true because of the Israelis and the continuing bloodshed.

I think that the honest muslims will be tired of treated as if they are dangerous and will step up to take action.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
There's a lot of high horses clip clopping around on this thread.

Someone tell me why it is always encumbent on the passenegers to be reasonable and rise above there fears (which by the way aren't as completely groundless as some would suggest). Muslim fanatics, mainly of middle eastern or asian descent/appearance have been the main instigators of plots both failed and successful so far. If my wife and kids were sitting on that plane and two guys got on acting nervous, dressed in heavy clothes (on a holiday flight back from Malaga I believe) and checking their watches I might very well react the same way. If that makes me pikey scum as someone so charmingly blanket generalised earlier (and by the way how racist is that?) then so be it. The only thing I disagree with is the fact that they were still refused access to the plane after further checks.

I think it's unfair on the two Asian guys involved but I can understand why and how people become so concerned. And yes I do think the muslim community are not doing enough to express unequivocal condemnation of terror attacks. Does that make me a racist, fair enough if it does, the words now so overworked and abused it's completely lost it's power to shock or shame.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is mob rule, fear and paranoia induced by the goverment and the media and is dispicable. And why do so many of you only see Asain Muslims there are plenty of white people of the Muslim faith. The whole issue is bogus, there's 5 million Muslims in America by some comments regarding these people there should be acts of terrorism every day in America but there is not is there. No its the same old story the many being blamed for the few.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Does that make me a racist, fair enough if it does, the words now so overworked and abused it's completely lost it's power to shock or shame.

you have no idea how much you hit the nail on the head there..... if you exclude ANY group of people for ANY reason it is considered racism.

I would like to remind some people that racism is the exclusion of people based soley on their race.

being suspicious of two men who appear to be plotting something is in no way racism.

I would also like to know why many of the prejudices against whites or "the man" are so often overlooked and excused?

If I am called "cracker" or any other derrogatory term based on my skin that is not considered racism? how so?

or if I hear some rapper say "I hate the white devils, I F*** his white b***hes" that is not considered racism?

why are all races treated equally under the noble view of equality but whites?

because our ancestors oppressed others? well the key word there is ANCESTOR and another thing is that it is mostly the whites who are now pushing for more equality for ALL.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Seems to me like the plan to install permanent fear in Humanity is going according to plan. Bush and Blair need to fly down to tijiuana and star in a Donkey show together. Let m take turn on each other.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yeah I don't see why they weren't allowed on after being searched, the British are so stubborn (and I am British so don't give me any "you don't know what your on about" rubbish).

But as englishman_in_spain brought up before, they could have been researching security in planning for a future plot, there's no way of telling. It's a shame if they were innocent though and I wonder how far this type of thing will go.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hi XphilePhan,

with your unbeliavable level of ignorance an outward stupidity, you have deserved the first place in my ignore list. Congratulations!

Back on topic - it is so shameful for all the people who reacted so irrationaly. I would have never reacted this way, that is certain. However, I understand the reasons behind it.The planned paranoia, the "foiled terrorist plot", the racial profiling" talk , etc. certainly have a lot to do with it. Anyways, this is the entire purpose I believe, that is the only logical explanation of what we are seeing... But to any intelligent person this should be as disgusting as it is to me - come on, this is year 2006, not the Middle ages...

Too bad I am flying at the end of the month from Seattle to Netherlands. I can imagine all the security checks and rudeness coming from the only fact I have a beard (no kidding - happened before)...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prometheus James
Apparently the two men were wearing jumpers and jackets despite the heat, they were also seen checking their watches and had beards.

OMG! Until I read this I thought this was just racist harrasment by a bunch of ignorant morons. Now I realise they shouldn't have kicked these 2 blokes off the plane, but just shot them in their seats and then left them there as a warning to other would be beardies. People with beards, especially ones who look at watches, are sub-human scum and deserve everything they get. And wearing a jumper?!? That's just blatent provocation - it's a sweltering 19C here in the UK, why would you possibly want to wear a jumper unless you were going to blow everyone up?

When the revolution comes and I'm in charge, people with beards, watches and jumpers will be the first against the wall.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Monarch airlines are trying to spin it now by saying the Captain felt they were suspicious characters... (like they tried to spin it the other day when the 12 year old boy got on a plane without ticket or passport and Monarch said this wasn't a security breach).

In all fairness if passengers are gonna try this kinda thing and act as amateur security / profilers and refuse to fly with anyone who has already passed security checks then the Captain should say 'OK well you who are refusing to fly get off the plane'

Anything else and we're going back in time to segregation and we really are on the verge of 'whites only airlines'

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

So how do we know these guys WERE in fact innocent and had not been ready to exploit a loophole they had identified in airport security? We don't.

True. In fact anyone on that plane could have been planning something. I see people looking at their watches alot and making loads of phone calls. So everyone is suspect.

So for all of those who are pleading for sympathy for them, think again. How do you know they did not fly on to their destination ultimately, unable to put their plan into effect because they were subject to such close scrutiny?

How do I know my neighbor is not a psychopathic serial killer? Maybe I should call the cops. He does like to dig in his back yard alot. He claims he is setting up a new garden. Maybe he is really burying bodies.

How do you know that they are not now planning an atrocity, having learned not to wear heavy clothing next time?

How do I know the passengers who had them kicked off weren't trying something, and used this as a distraction?

I would bet that, when they continued their journey later, the cabin crew watched them very closely indeed.

Im sure they did. And who knows. While they were watching these two, someone else was plotting something nasty.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

I agree we don't, but then again how do we know you were not doing that if you were on the plane? Or what about any of the other 'white passengers? Exactly my point being that anyone can be a terrorist, not just Muslims. People forget that not too long ago there was this group called the IRA that were mostly 'white' *gasps* and they committed terrorism *say it ain't so*. People act like terrorism is a Muslim only issue, well lets not forget who trained and caused most of this terrorism.

Erm possibly because the plane and passengers were searched and had absolutely nothing that could have been used to bring down the plane. What were they planning to do? Rub there hands together in the hope of making enough heat to start a fire? Unless terrorists have developed a way to spontaneously combust, have they?

Big assumption there my friend, based on absolutely no facts what so ever. Maybe we should just lynch all races of people that have committed terror attacks before? OH no we cant, there wouldn't be many people left in the world would there?

I bet that too, which makes it even more disgusting. After being proved that they were not a threat, they were probably still treated like criminals. HEY! i have a perfect solution, why not have what they do in minority report? OH no we cant cos half of the people on that plane would have disappeared.

[edit on 21/8/06 by Tebbo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join