It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science and your beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Science and god are one in the same. To create such a vast universe filled with countless wonders it would take great scientific knowledge, and who else to possess this knowledge but god. Now what I want to know is, just what or who is god?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
God being all knowing doesn't make him scientific, and certainly if the universe includes a metaphysical realm, or even supernatural beings, then the universe isn't all science, and god isn't all science.

Science is a method of studying the natural world in a rational way, it is applying reason to the observed and 'knowable' universe.

Your idea is interseting, but I think it needs refinement. I don't think that, even if we allow for a supernatural being to be considered 'scientific' (bound by reason and logic and nature), that that being would necessarily use science (or perhaps more accurately, scientifically bound methods), to create or 'engineer' the universe.

An all powerful being could simply bring the universe into being by fiat, for example, or magical methods. No?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What if that being is everything? And that every part of physical reality is just a different representation of that same being? What if the natural world is part of it? Then in studying science, we're actually studying aspects of that being. Just my opinion.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I for one believe that God is real, and he created the universe. I also believe that evolution did occur, but that at the beginning of time, God set into motion all that is going to happen for all of eternity. So, evolution is God's work, and all that we call "science" is the work of God.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i believe that all organized religion is a very futile attempt to understand something that is far from human comprehension. if a god does exist, than it would make sense that such a being would be 11 dimensional, that's a full 6 dimensions that we would be unable to understand. also the great deal of anthropomorphizing a deity points towards human simplification.

also, through quantem mechanics it can be understood that god may simply be the product of billions of people willing such a being into existing.

i'm not going to explain the full weight of this unless someone wishes me to, because i really don't like being mister super long post person

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I believe that god is real. A real concept. As far as any concept is real, god is real. The united States is a concept also. It exists only in the minds of humans, but that is another story.

From what I understand god is a creator. He created man. But I know that I was not created by some pi in the sky.

My parents created me. Both of them together as a single unit. Nether of them separately has the ability to create a human being. Together they have God like power to create humans from the dust of the earth. That is my creator.

I say that my “god” has four arms, four legs, and two heads and likes to writhe and roll around and have lots kinky of fun.

God is THE biggest obfuscation ever invented. The proof; no one knows what it means.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
God has figured out what science has not and that being how not to be annoying. You will have your Ceasars/Darth Vaders, but there will always be a market for the safen havens and promised lands that God has planned.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Seems we have gotten a little off topic....Skunk Works ---> God ???

Anyways, many of us are starting to realize that organized religions are fulll of it. Let's face it... they have more holes than swiss cheese.

I will say that there is connection between God and Science. That is, our universe is comprised of many "laws" studied by our scientists. Any creator would undoubtedly be aware of these laws if it imagined/created them.

There is an interesting book I recently read called THE GOD THEORY. It was written by Bernard Haisch.

His website is: www.ufoskeptic.org...

I encourage everyone to give this book a look.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by necromancer9
Now what I want to know is, just what or who is god?

The collection of species that have existed throughout all the universe, throughout all time that have attained applicable means of traversing time in both directions?

Perhaps, just a thought.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Science is just a way to describe how God's plans work. A bity like descovering how the body works we see what makes the universe work. Does not mean if something was not made by design, science in shows there are laws to things and who makes laws?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Science is just a way to describe how God's plans work. A bit like discovering how the body works we see what makes the universe work. Does not mean if something was not made by design, science shows there are laws to things so who makes laws? That is intelligent design comes in, when we try and create technology we see how close it is to us mechanically. This is a reflection of creation and maybe the God who made everything. We are like God so we go down his thinking path in creation as its the only way. A computer processor works the same way as we do, a camera with its CCD chip works like our receptors. It’s the only way in form of our mind and maths to create in this 3-D universe.

Just think of quantum physics and how we communicate with GOD, information travelling beyond our boundaries beyond time it self. If we are just proving God can exist the deeper we go into science and technology we are reflecting his image not only scriptural but because the universe can only go one way mathematically, the more we find the less complex the idea of God is, but man will never accept God as an answer it has to be aliens, holographic universe, multiple worlds and dimensions, higher beings like Gods, but never the God that revealed it self its a shot in the foot because it effects ones morals or shines a light on the morals missed. Our minds have a negative and a positive and we know the reactions of a negative action of things that are not right which corresponds to the laws which have been instructed or made and tuned into us to make us human.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
www.holography.ru...
I think this could be a good scientific explanation of the universe. Even leaves
space for a god who controls it

Also, before you put this away as nonsense, do a search on black holes, its
been suggested that they are much like holograms, they can contain more
data on their surface than the space they occupy which is exactly how holograms
work.

Though this theory is not perfect it is a plausible one, dont take 'hologram' to
litteral, a form of hologram that is in a way able to create 'solid' objects or whatever.
I suggest you read all of it and google a bit about it to understand the reasoning
behind it better.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have a brain... and unlike 99% of the people on this earth, I'm actually going to use it to try and figure out what this universe is, rather than filling in the blanks with dumb excuses.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I think this could be a good scientific explanation of the universe. Even leaves space for a God who controls

Exactly. Intelligent living beings reside in and control the universe. That would be us & ETs. God pervades everything including us & ETs. Therefore, God controls the universe through us & ETs. We experience reality for the purpose of God.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I hate to be the miser, but the thread title is very, very misleading.
Perhaps it should have been god is Science or god=Science.

As for my beliefs and science, well my beliefs are based in science.
And I don't believe in any kind of deity.

top topics

join