It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Americans Ignorant of 'Agenda 21'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The United Nations Agenda 21 was signed by the United States in 1992 and 14 years later, people are still in the dark. If you were to ask at random the question, "Have you heard of Agenda 21?" the answer would be an over-whelming "No," although it is being implemented in every local community.
Agenda 21 is a 40 chapter document listing goals to be achieved globally. It is the global plan to change the way we "live, eat, learn and communicate" because we must "save the earth." See the offical webpage AGENDA21
"Its regulation would severely limit water, electricity, and transportation - even deny human access to our most treasured wilderness areas, it would monitor all lands and people. No one would be free from the watchful eye of the new global tracking and information system," according to Berit Kjos, author of Brave New Schools.
Maurice Strong, Secretary-general of the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in Rio de Janeiro said, "...
[C]urrent lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class - involving high meat consumption and large amounts of frozen and convenience foods, use of fossil fuels, appliances, home and workplace air-conditioning, and suburban housing are not sustainable.
~~~~~~~~~~
Agenda 21 is certainly not a secret. The internet is full of how Agenda 21 has been fulfilled through Smart Growth planning, land use, sustainable development and extreme environmentalism. The so-called agenda is grant driven to your city council or county board in terms of sustainable, visioning, partners, tourism and stakeholders, along with consensus and other terms with the intent to make you believe we are running out of all our resources and we must do our part and "save for tomorrow.

See the link for the full article NewsWithViews

Mod Edit: removed all caps in title

[edit on 8/18/2006 by Gools]

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 19-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem with this is.
And also, we are running out of some of our reources.

Also, you need to take the thread title out of caps,
your not suppose to do that.

[edit on 8/18/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is great news, I dont know if it was Clinton or Bush Sr who signed off the ok but thankfully one of them did. The way we are living is not sustainable, albeit if we do vastly improve our technology (nanotech, Bioengineered products' materials sciences and recycling) we could maybe go on forever living the way we are but not under our current methods.

But then again im all for a one world government and monetary system. As long as the core beliefs of the US are kept. Life Liberty and Pursuit of Hapiness.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

I'm sorry I didn't get that. We are not aloud to post threads with titles in caps?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
WHY ARE AMERICANS IGNORANT OF 'AGENDA 21'?

Because the average U.S. citizen knows that the U.N. is nothing more but a bill we have to float. The U.N. is absolutly marginalised. We don't care niether. The only thing we the average care about id that damned bill we gotta pay for a failed experiement.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

I'm sorry I didn't get that. We are not aloud to post threads with titles in caps?

Correct, you can post a title like this "The Brown Fox Runs Quickly", but not like this "THE BROWN FOX RUNS QUICKLY".

Just so you know.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Agenda 21 is Global Hell coming to a contry near you..

1. North America + Mexico
2. EU
3. African Union
4. Russland +++
5. South America
6. China
7. Australia + new zealand
8. Japan
9. Indonesia ++++
10. India + Pakistan +++

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I admit that I haven't read the whole plan linked to by the OP but from what I have read I cant help but agree that an intelligent approach is needed to the problems of living in a finite world, all the things they openly admit to combating are things that need human attention. Perhaps I'm missing something?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I don't see what the problem with this is.
And also, we are running out of some of our reources.

What a worthless post just to knit pick that the article is in caps.

If we are running out of resources all there plan will do is delay it
a small amount.

What they are planning is more or less a crime under the bill of rights.

Let me put it in perspective from one of the FEW Phds that
has not caved into the plans of the evil ppl running the game.

Phd explains Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius

That is why Agenda 21 is bad, mmmmmkay...

[edit on 19-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Until every American is directly and personally effected we will do nothing. I think there will even be people living in denial when it all falls down. Jenga
One day it will, at the rate we are going.

I see those who are awakened, and who act when they are needed too.
I also see some who when they meet these nomadic wanderers who will share what they know, some will begin to slowly awaken to the horrible truths. But by then it will be to late. For most.

End of Line....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Thanks for the heads up; I'd never heard of this. On theother hand it states clearly inthe doctrine that it's not legally binding and is simply a recommendation of things to do, which incidentally seem to be good for the planet.

On the other hand I just noticed Ex_MislTech's post. I'll check out the video and see how I feel.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by notreallyalive]

top topics

join