It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

human existance is meaningless

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
why would getting rid of fossil fuels bring meaning to our lives?

don't get me wrong, I'm all for alternative fuels.

but we are monkeys. monkeys with personality disorders and delusions of grandeur.

the only meaning we have is arbitrary, created by ourselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

but we are monkeys. monkeys with personality disorders and delusions of grandeur.

why would we keep using something that degrades the ozone? do ya live under a rock? everyone knows why not to use fossil fuels.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Very Very True.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

why would we keep using something that degrades the ozone? do ya live under a rock? everyone knows why not to use fossil fuels.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

i guess you didn't read my post.

fossil fuels and the meaning of life aren't even tangent issues. they have nothing to do with each other.

i don't like fossil fuels either. our fuel economy is short-sighted, and frankly stupid... but so are we, so the hell with it, right?

nothing is true; everything is permissible. we've f**ked our world up because it was the convenient thing to do. our lives were meaningless long before gasoline, and shall continue to be thusly long afterwards.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
or bother to read my posts prolly

but with that said

MY POINTS PWN ALL MUAHAHAHAH

you can end the thread here.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

but with that said

hahaha

The negative points revolution begins.....

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurfOBBC

Originally posted by Lysergic

but with that said

hahaha

The negative points revolution begins.....

So how in the duce does that work? I mean really I'm being completely honest with such a question because I'm about ready to totally ******* flip out right now. Exactly how many points do you need anyways?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i think lysergic was joking.

don't know about that other fellow.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Let's hope so.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

human existance is meaningless

It is not meaningless.

Look at the accumilated history we have to date.

over 7,000 years of recorded/written history devoid of 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and destruction.

Our meaning is what we decide, and the perpetuation of fear and hate is hopefully the same virtues we will demonstrate among the stars in the heavens one day, through our actions, behaviors, and explicit intentionality.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by risitar

Let's hope so.

Yes I was just joking.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Human Existance is meaningless? Give me a break.

Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources > Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources > Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources > Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources.

How is that meaningless?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear

Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources > Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources > Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources > Born > Use Resources > Die > Decompose > Become Resources.

How is that meaningless?

if you were not a "troll" you would have read my first post and would not be asking. sooner or later the sun will get older bigger and hotter untill it burns up the earth like an ant under a magnifying glass unless if we relocate to another planet with a younger sun.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by risitar

Let's hope so.

of course I was jokin'

lysergo rules

1. You are not your points
  2. You are not your avatar (unless it is actually you)
  3. You are not your signature
  4. You are not your post count
  5. You are not your oversized screen cap
  6. You can't be Lys, the forum can't handle that much secksayness

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

How is that meaningless?

if you were not a "troll" you would have read my first post and would not be asking. sooner or later the sun will get older bigger and hotter untill it burns up the earth like an ant under a magnifying glass unless if we relocate to another planet with a younger sun.

You don't get it.

Say a doctor saves lives every day. You are saying its pointless for him to save them because ultimately HE will die. Get real.

We exist NOW. People who lived 5000 years ago lived in their now. They Lived as a part of their cycle, and contributed to it whether they knew it or not, as do we. REGARDLESS of what might happen in the future.

[edit on 25-01-2004 by Gear]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You don't get it.

Say a doctor saves lives every day. You are saying its pointless for him to save them because ultimately HE will die. Get real.

We exist NOW. People who lived 5000 years ago lived in their now. They Lived as a part of their cycle, and contributed to it whether they knew it or not, as do we. REGARDLESS of what might happen in the future.

i think you dont get it. 5000 years ago nobody new earths final destruction will be by its own sun, if anything else. now we know.

its like if you found out from some one that someone is planning to burn down your house on a certain day in the future. if you just live in the "now" like you suggest, then you ignore it and think nothing of it.

if you care about your house you get more information and stop it from gettin burnt down, if humans care about our future existance, we need to get off this rock one way or anoher before it burns down.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I dont think earth is due to burn up for a few billion years.

so I am not that worried.

however I do have a lighter... and I been known to be a pyro... all I need is a lil encouragement.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm not localised to my house. I AM, however, forced to live on this planet. I will live, use resources, and die. Just like the billions and billions before me.
You claim we KNOW what is going to happen. If we "know what is going to happen" why are their so many "options"? Human existance will end when the sun becomes too hot, and leaves the earth barren. If that doesn't get us, then a meteor will. And if that doesn't get us, it will be because of a nuclear war. And if that doesn't get us...ect.
We have no choice but to live in the now, as it is impossible to prepare for and avoid for every scenario.

We begin to die the second we are born. Yet we still live, don't we? Is Humanity as a whole any different?

EDIT: We KNEW that the world would end with Y2K, but OH MY GOD! WE ARE STILL HERE!!

[edit on 25-01-2004 by Gear]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Life is a fight against nothigness
:w:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join