It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Math, Hebrew numbers/letters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok well I got this stuff from the movie Pi, but its pretty interesting stuff and I'm hoping that someone knows about this and can share it.

In the movie this religious Jew meets a mathmatician and shows him examples of math in the Torah to try and get him to help find the true name of God and so on. Its a low budget but very interesting movie. Well, heres his examples:

Aleph (value of 1) Bet (value of 2) means: Father (value of 3)
Mem (40) Aleph (1) : Mother (41)

Father + Mother = 44

Daleth (4) Lamed (30) yod (10) = Child (44!!!)

Neat huh? From what I can tell, this is correct.

Also he claims that the word for Eden is Mem Daleth Kuf or 144. And the word for Tree of Knowledge is equal to 233.

The mathmatician speaks up and says that 144 & 233 are fibonacci numbers. (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233...) The ratio of each sucessive pair (5/3, 8/5, 233/144) equals phi, or 1.618033988749895. Phi is known as the Golden Ratio, Section, or Mean. Graphed it is a spiral. The ratio is found from plants to animals to DNA to our galaxy and architecture. And apparently its in the Bible, in Genesis with Eden (144) and the Tree (233).

I dont know if thats true, but it probably is. The original Bible code was the word Torah written out as the first letter for every 50 words, T..O..R..A..H..T..O.. So maybe theres more in there? Or a coincidence, or a sign of God's hand?

Heres some more Phi stuff:

goldennumber.net...
In Genesis 6:15, God commands Noah to build an ark saying, "And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits."

Thus the end of the ark, at 50 by 30 cubits, is also in the ratio of 5 to 3, or 1.666..., again a close approximation of phi not visibly different to the naked eye. Noah's ark was built in the same proportion as ten arks of the covenant placed side by side.,

The Ark of the Covenant and the Ark of the Flood are both golden rectangles!

Anyone got any more examples??

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread and I am sure to keep watch of it. I am very interested in the fact that Hebrew is based on number values and combinations spell different words with accompanying additive values. It is no wonder the original Torah can be encoded into elaborate sentences because every word is actually based on math.

This is something I have always wanted to look into, but have not done so yet (study Hebrew alpha-bet).

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
So, since no one has added anything I'll keep my thread alive with the glimmer of hope that someone else knows some good bible-math examples..

In another thread I mentioned how the Sacred Geometry shape "Vesica Piscis" (rhymes with Jessica Mice's) or "fish bladder" is formed from the intersection of 2 circles around a common radii.

Originally posted by ViolatoR www.belowtopsecret.com...

The Greek word Ichtus (fish) was made up of the following phrase capitals (acrostic): Iesous Christos Theou Uios Soter (Jesus Christ Son of God, the Saviour.)
om the flood.

The ichtus symbol is the horizontal "fish bladder." The fish bladder or 'visica piscis' when oriented vertically is the womb from which all creation comes. A basic Sacred Geometry shape formed by the intersection of 2 circles around a common radii.

The shape formed from the intersection, including a short continued line from each circle (as the fish's tail) is the shape associated with Jesus. The shape has a ratio of 265:153 or 1.73203. This ratio is called the "measure of the fish." And is also equal to the square root of Three (trinity?). In the Gosple of John, Jesus catches a miraculous 153 fish at once.

www.curiousmath.com...

"Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken." (John 21:11)

153 is a neat number. Here are four reasons:

1. 153 = 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17

2. 153 = 1! + 2! + 3! + 4! + 5! (i.e., 1 + (1 x 2) + (1 x 2 x 3) + (1 x 2 x 3 x 4) + (1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5))

3. 153 = 13 + 53 + 33

4. 153 lies dormant in every third number. Take any multiple of three, sum the cubes of its digits, take the result, sum the cubes of its digits, take the results, etc. Believe me. You eventually get 153. Take 12, for example.
13 + 23 = 9.
93 = 729.
73 + 23 + 93 = 1080.
13 + 03 + 83 + 03 = 513.
Finally, 53 + 13 + 33 = 153.

In Genesis 32:14, Jacob gives Esau 220 goats ("two hundred she goats and twenty he goats") as a gesture of friendship.

The Pythagoreans, those math lovin' dudes from ancient times, identified 220 as a "friendly" number. What made it friendly? Well, 220, unlike most numbers, had a close friend, 284. Namely, each are equal to the sum of the proper divisors of the other. (wha'?) Proper divisors are all the numbers that divide evenly into a number, including 1 but excluding the number itself. The proper divisors of 220 are 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 11, 20, 22, 44, 55, and 110. Add all those numbers and you'll get 284. Likewise, the proper divisors of 284 are 1, 2, 4, 71, and 142 and they sum to 220.

edit: oops forgot to say that 220 is a factor of 55 (or an octave). And 55 is a fibonacci number.

another quote: The Levites in the holy city totaled 284. Not sure of theres a connection tho. Probably a coincidence, although 284 is a pretty precise record to be put into a holy book. We might say today "280 or more than 250 or almost 300" instead of 284 people.

It would seem that Pythagorean numbers are pretty important in the bible.

This page: www.biblemaths.com... is selling a book or DVD but theres a load of math and bible stuff. Could be mostly the coincidental math you might find while trying to prove that Barney the Dinosaur is the anti-christ 'cause somehow you get 666 from his name..

Anyways at that page I just mentioned, he claims that pi and 'e' (exponential constant) can be found in Gen 1.1 and John 1.1, respectively.

If you apply the formula

# of letters * product of the letters
---------------------------------------- over
# of words * product of the words

you get Pi for Gen 1.1 and 'e' for John 1.1, using Hebrew number/letters of course.

The value of Gen 1.1 is 2701. A tirangle formed of 2701 "elements" like blocks or circles built up, it would have sides of 73 units. 2701 is the 73rd "triangular number." The inscribed triangle has 703 elements which has sides of 37 elements, which is the 37th triangular number. (And the rest of the triangle of 2701 "elements" minus the inscribed circle (703), equal 1998, which is 666+666+666; a trinity of 666)

So you got 2701, 37 and 73.
37 and 73 are related to 373, a palindrome: 37(3), 3(73), 37:73 are reflections. 37 is the 12th prime# and 73 is the 21st prime. 12:21 are reflections. And... 37*73=2701! 2701 is the 73rd triangular number. 373 is the value of "Word"

Word ( ëïãïò ) = 30,70,3,70,200 = 373

Jesus value = 888 or 3x8x37 (get it? three 8's times 37)

Theres plenty more at that page.

I read somewhere that triplets of numbers 1-7 show up in order in the bible. Like 111 goats... 222 people.. and so on. But I dont think thats true cause I think 777 shows up well before 666. Anyways there are alot of triplets. And also alot of seemingly random numbers. Perhaps they all have some meaning or connection? I need to read revelations again.. maybe I'll start another doomed thread.

[edit on 8/22/2006 by ViolatoR]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The value of unity AChD is 13
The value of love AHBH is 13
Add them toghether you get the value of God IHVH= 26

Strangely enough Omno Satan OMMV SThN and the name Jesus Sh IHShVH have each the numerical value of 666.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
see? now thats interesting. Incidently I have 6 letters in my first, middle and last names... See you at the next armageddon!

Ersatz, do you know a web site with a list of words and their values? Or at least a list of important words in english and hebrew so I can find the numerical values?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
These are the letters of the Hebrew aleph bet (not including finals, just the basic 22).
I listed them by the order they are in, according to the alephbet...but the number following the letter is the value of the letter:

1. aleph = 1
  2. beit = 2
  3. gimel = 3
  4. dalet = 4
  5. he = 5
  6. vav = 6
  7. zayin = 7
  8. chet = 8
  9. tet = 9
  10. yod = 10
  11. kaf = 20
  12. lamed = 30
  13. mem = 40
  14. nun = 50
  15. samech = 60
  16. ayin = 70
  17. peh = 80
  18. tzaddi = 90
  19. qoph = 100
  20. resh = 200
  21. shin = 300
  22. tahv = 400

There are other details/complexities to it...those are just the basic values.

The search word you are looking for is 'gematria' which is the name for Hebraic Numerology!

I have a lot of stuff about this...it's rather lengthy and deep, and I don't have time right now to get into my files. But do a search and see what you find, and I'll try to get back to this thread and talk about it with you. In the meantime, here are some links you might be interested in:

Hebrew Numerology
Fibonacci Numbers

As far as symbolism in the bible, according to numbers (as in a number representing an idea instead of a quantity, which is actually a big part of the whole understanding and meaning), here are the symbologies of the numbers 1 through 10:

1. Unity
  2. Duality
  3. Seed
  4. Creation
  5. Grace
  6. Redemption
  7. Perfection
  8. Regeneration
  9. Judgment
  10. Crown

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Forgot a link!

The Bible Wheel

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
see? now thats interesting. Incidently I have 6 letters in my first, middle and last names... See you at the next armageddon!

Ersatz, do you know a web site with a list of words and their values? Or at least a list of important words in english and hebrew so I can find the numerical values?

I notice that Annie has given you some sites already, although books are better...

The literal qabalah is divided in three parts : Gematria, Notariqon and Temura.
I read a number of books because I was also fascinated by the hidden meanings of the bible (there are hidden meanings to the Quh'ran also), the best one or the one that explained it best to me was " 777 and other qabalistic writings " ISBN 0-87728-670-1 printed in USA by Samuel Weiser Inc.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hi ViolatoR/

Very interesting Thread!

Not that I could really understand all the math.
I do have a book on Prophecy, which briefly mentions the calcalation of 666
Here it is....
ha..............(Hebrew Letter, which i cannot do).........5
mem..............(H.L).....40
lamed............(H.L)......30
kaph.............(H.L)
lamed....(H.L)......30
iod.......(H.L)......10
shin.........(H.L).....300
resh........(H.L)......200
aleph.......(H.L).......1
lamed....(H.L).......300
Totals...............................666

Now, although I posted this, i do not have a clue what this really means....

As for ......Jesus adding to 666.....
His name in the New Testament is ''ISOUS'' meaning Saviour.
What this may add up to , I don't know.

If I can get the original source from where it was found, I will try(if i remember) and post it here....
The book I have is
ANTICHRIST.......by Archpriest Boris Molchanoff

helen

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Helen~

with all due respect, 'antichrist' is a christian idea; gematria is Hebrew and the name Iesus in Greek has no bearing on the numeric values of the Hebrew alephbet.

And for that matter, even in the Hebrew, there is no 'J'. Most use the name Yeshua, although I understand it to Yehoshua; still it is a matter of preference at this point.

666 ultimately means mortal man.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

How do you work that one out?
Tks.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Helen~

with all due respect, 'antichrist' is a christian idea; gematria is Hebrew and the name Iesus in Greek has no bearing on the numeric values of the Hebrew alephbet.

And for that matter, even in the Hebrew, there is no 'J'. Most use the name Yeshua, although I understand it to Yehoshua; still it is a matter of preference at this point.

Hey Queenannie/
The Apostles of that time and of early Christian era(Jews,yes) and after, did on many occasions substitute letters with numbers(according to the Kabbalah) the USE of the ''Sacred alphabet'' being twenty two letters.

I never made any mention of the Letter ''J'' having any sort of Hebrew connection.
As for the Iesus.........this is the correct Greek word used in the New Testament.

Sorry if there was some sort of mix up....

helen
EDIT.....spelling and added Jews being in the time of Christian Conversion....

[edit on 8/23/2006 by helen670]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ersatz

Tks.

6 is the number of redemption; however it is also the number which means both 'death' and 'man' and it is the 'hook.'

So, a man who is not yet regenerated (resurrected) is dead in all three facets of his being, body, soul, and spirit.

Also, the basis for individual death within the greater living system of our ecology here on Mother Earth is the organic food chain, or, the carbon-based cycle of life, death, decay, seed regeneration, life, and so on.

And since man is a carbon based life form, it is surely not coincidence that the atomic number for carbon is 6. And it has 6 neutrons, 6 protons, and 6 electrons!!

The worship of the 'beast' in Revelation is, in fact, the idolatrous practice of worshipping a man (Yehoshua) on the cross (being physically dead) as God!

Christ was not God until after He died and ascended to the throne, and was given that honor by the Most High God (the only one authorized to declare any entity a God).

The 'image' of the beast is the 'reflection' of mortal man that men, in their minds, create into God, instead of seeking that which is unseen and which is the true meaning behind Christ being the 'express image' of God.

God the Father is pure spirit, and that spirit is Love and Truth. There is no image to worship in the physical sense.

Essentially, it amounts to man making God after man's image instead of seeking to be not just an 'image of the likeness' of God but rather emulating the 'express image of God' which is Christ, but Christ crucified, not Yehoshua the man who is venerated as a God in the NT (before His glorification) by so many people. (mainly christians).

Think of it this way:

A likeness is like a 'photograph' or a 'painted portrait.'
An image is a reflection, such as is seen in a mirror or a reflecting pool of water.

So when Adam was made, he was like a picture of God, seen through a mirror.

But when Christ became the express Image of God, is the actual reflection of the real thing.

This is what Paul speaks of when he writes of looking through the glass darkly.

No longer is it a photo or painting that we see, yet still we do not behold His full brilliance.

But it is one step closer, at least--without the photo which is not real but just a representation.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

6 is the number of redemption; however it is also the number which means both 'death' and 'man' and it is the 'hook.'

So, a man who is not yet regenerated (resurrected) is dead in all three facets of his being, body, soul, and spirit.

Also, the basis for individual death within the greater living system of our ecology here on Mother Earth is the organic food chain, or, the carbon-based cycle of life, death, decay, seed regeneration, life, and so on.

And since man is a carbon based life form, it is surely not coincidence that the atomic number for carbon is 6. And it has 6 neutrons, 6 protons, and 6 electrons!!

The worship of the 'beast' in Revelation is, in fact, the idolatrous practice of worshipping a man (Yehoshua) on the cross (being physically dead) as God!
Christ was not God until after He died and ascended to the throne, and was given that honor by the Most High God (the only one authorized to declare any entity a God).

The 'image' of the beast is the 'reflection' of mortal man that men, in their minds, create into God, instead of seeking that which is unseen and which is the true meaning behind Christ being the 'express image' of God.

God the Father is pure spirit, and that spirit is Love and Truth. There is no image to worship in the physical sense.

Essentially, it amounts to man making God after man's image instead of seeking to be not just an 'image of the likeness' of God but rather emulating the 'express image of God' which is Christ, but Christ crucified, not Yehoshua the man who is venerated as a God in the NT (before His glorification) by so many people. (mainly christians).

Think of it this way:

A likeness is like a 'photograph' or a 'painted portrait.'
An image is a reflection, such as is seen in a mirror or a reflecting pool of water.

So when Adam was made, he was like a picture of God, seen through a mirror.

But when Christ became the express Image of God, is the actual reflection of the real thing.

This is what Paul speaks of when he writes of looking through the glass darkly.

No longer is it a photo or painting that we see, yet still we do not behold His full brilliance.

But it is one step closer, at least--without the photo which is not real but just a representation.

Thank you for the extensive explanation, nice to know these things but what I meant is something different...

When I say that Omno Satan is 666, I mean that the value of the letters OMMV SThN added toghether make 666.
I just thought you had a similar criterion.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
All that 666 stuff is interesting. And since it is bible math, it does have a place here. Anyways the bible says the second(?) beast's name is 600 threescore(60) and 6. Not that it somehow adds to 666 but that his name is 600 60 and 6... 600 is the letter Mem when it used as the last letter. 60 is Samech and 6 is Vau. So the beast's name is Vau Samech Mem. And probably sounds close to those letters pronounced out loud. An example is Adam : Aleph Daleth Mem and saying ADM is close to ADaM. So the beast is V as in Vine, S as in Sun, and M as in Moon. "VSM" or "Visum" lets say, as an example.

Beware the evil Visum!!! Dont say I didnt warn ya.

666 is a riddle in the bible. It challenges us to solve it if we have enough "wisdom." But there are so many ways of getting 666. And the number is found in alot of strange and interesting math and gematria. They musta had some good calculators back in the day, to figure out how to encode all this stuff.

(Hehehe, I'm watching Prophecy (with christopher walken as gabriel) and hes talking to some kids and he said "study your math kids! its the key to the whole universe.")

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ersatz

Tks.

Mortal man is carbon based life. Carbon has the 666 signature.

Carbon is made of 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons; thus 666.

It references the worship of the physical versus the worship of the spiritual.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Mortal man is carbon based life. Carbon has the 666 signature.

Carbon is made of 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons; thus 666.

It references the worship of the physical versus the worship of the spiritual.

Gematria, if this is what we are addressing, is based on the relative numerical values of words.
Words of similar numerical values are considered to be explanatory of each other. and this theory is extended to phrases.
Hence my preavious example: AChD (Unity) = 13, AHBH (Love) = 13 added toghether
are supposed to explain the make up of IHVH (God) = 26.

I am not sure that the Bible (Revelation) was referring to Carbon.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here are two good links to find what some words and phrases equal in gematra. The only problem is that you gotta search by the number. Like.. 777 equals: " In the firmament of heaven" and " The Way of Wisdom" and "God Heaven Earth" and so on.

www.biblewheel.com...

www.billheidrick.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
To know what the 'beast' is, according to biblical 'wisdom'....refer to Ecclesiastes 3:18-19.

It's really a lot simpler than it has been made out to be.

Simplicity is a very big part of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
circle is closed.

therefore the area it contains cannot be limitless; it is finite.

hence pi must end.

either that or, .... Oh no...God !!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join