It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your passion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, what is your passion in life?
Have you found it?

My first post though I've been here for some time, it just seems like all the intelligent questions are spoken for.
So this is just out of curiosity.

I have several.
Human behaviour in general.
Consciousness.
Nature (animal behaviour, medical use of plants)
Horses
and more.

Let me hear yours.
WIS

[edit on 15-8-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Truly man, its ATS

and well just plain out helping people serving be something to someone, its great and awesome

and then maybe looking at the stars..... w00t

good thread

I love it

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've never really thought of Above Top Secret as a "passion" but, after thinking about it for a bit, I'd have to say yes. I truly enjoy the time that I spend on ATS. Even when I'm away from a computer, I often think about things that I've read on ATS and, sometimes, I think about things that I might post.

Other "passions" would have to include; ART; the work of M.C.Escher, Vaugn Bode and Canada's "Group of Seven".

CHESS; I love the game. I love to win (who doesn't?), I learn from losing. I simply enjoy playing.

READING; I have my favorite authors but, frankly, they are too numerous to mention.

CANOEING: I built a 15 foot cedar strip canoe over the winter of '04-05' with my step-son. I've become enthralled with every aspect of the canoe from construction methods, design and the history of this versatile craft.

LITHUANIA; Being a first generation Lithuanian/American (who happens to live in Canada), I am fascinated by the heritage, culture and history of my parents' homeland. I am especially interested in Lithuania's Baltic religion and ancient language.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I too have more than one...

First and foremost - Happiness. Being happy to me is the most important thing. What point is there to life, if you can't be happy and enjoy things, people etc.

I'm passionate about being a father, I have a daughter who is 14 years old, she lives 5 hours away with her mom, I don't get to see her as much as I'd like, but we have our phone calls and holidays. I'm passionate about making sure she grows up to be an intelligent, kind and happy girl, with integrity and a sense of understanding that she's somebody.

Music, ahh yes. I really didn't realize this until about 9 years ago, when going through my divorce. I didn't realize how much music impacts and influences our lives, thoughts and feelings. In the past 2-3 years, my CD collection has grown from 4-5 to over 300. Theres nothing better than a road trip in the middle of summer and listening to the Rolling Stones, or going outdoors in the fall and hearing some Little River Band or Fleetwood Mac that takes you back to a special place and time. Or in the Dead of winter, listening to some "mood music" to bring some warmth into the house. Let's not forget springtime, and getting outdoors, Van Halen, and Boston come to mind for the upbeat, lets get moving music.

Lastly and certainly not least, my Beautiful Wife. I was just married March of this year to a smart, caring beautiful woman whom I fall deeper and deeper in love with each and every day.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My passions in life are my kids, music, and writing. That's pretty much it, nice and simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"My mind," he said, "rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation."- Sherlock Holmes

I like to think that, even though my intellect is greatly dwarfed by his, that we are alike in this fashion.

Aside from that I have a passion for writing, reading, Science, Cryptozoology, History, Lifters, Nikola Tesla, Sherlock Holmes(duh) and when I have nothing else to rely on, I enjoy researching other peoples curiousities when in mental stagnation.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
HDTV gaming ;p~~~ and music. I'm more of an eyegazm person though.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
near death experiences. I am fascinated by them...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks Guys,
It's comforting to see that people still pay attention to all the good things in life.

I had hoped more people would have contributed but perhaps they just don't have that fire inside?

Pan, what is an "eyegazm person" ?.

Later
WIS

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
My Passion...............living life as best I as I can.

that includes: helping people, being happy, doing good things, drawing, joining the Russian army, getting even stronger and buffer, learning the Russian Systema, getting a high position in the military (ie, officer, leautenant, General.....), making at least one rap album (hopefully a success, if not, I'll work harder on another one) learning from mistakes and not repeating old ones or doing anything stupid, getting even more friends , starting a collection of weapons, making a Russian army comic, getting a German Shepherd, and................I can't think of any more, but there ARE more.

Basically, life is short and unpredictable, so make the best out of what I have, which is life.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
high class hookers with guns.

no, seriously..my little girl first and for most, then definatley flying...with flying coming a close second and flying in the runner up section.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Without a doubt, piano would be mine. I've been playing since I was around 4 and I don't think that I could live without a piano near me at all times. Once I think about it, playing the piano for me is another way to express how I feel, on a way higher level than speaking or writing something. Piano is number one. Oh, and, er...girls too. Lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd have to add girls in, too. But only for getting it on with them. I don't want no relationships or kids *shudder*. Its just the way I am. I don't like those stuff.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
...happy to see people havn't listed a sitcom in here.
You guys actually have a heart beat

I've never encounter a real life Russian Bear, so welcome, though I can't comprehend such a concept I salute your conviction.

Family,
Arts,
Literature,
Craftsmanship,
and so much more.

WIS

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yea, I don't think that I could handle settling down and being with one girl at the moment. And kids?!?!?! ONE at the most, and it would have to be a boy. I'm a jr so I would probably pass it down to my son just as my father did to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Snakes on a plane! Snakes on a plane! I just saw it and it's just awesome!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Are you serious??? That movie looks extremly bad. I haven't seen it and don't plan to unless I am pinned down and my eye lids are cut off and the television is right in front of me so I can't look around. Action movies like that are a waste of production and should be destroyed with all the others similar to it. So yea, I would say one of my other passions is getting rid of BAD movies. *cough* Snakes on a plane *cough*

:bash::bash::bash::bash:

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

[edit on 19-8-2006 by CalmStateOfMind]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalmStateOfMind
Are you serious??? That movie looks extremly bad. I haven't seen it and don't plan to unless I am pinned down and my eye lids are cut off and the television is right in front of me so I can't look around. Action movies like that are a waste of production and should be destroyed with all the others similar to it. So yea, I would say one of my other passions is getting rid of BAD movies. *cough* Snakes on a plane *cough*

At least it's better than croissants

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
??? That doesn't even make any sense. In any way. How can you compare a movie to a piece of bread??? Lol.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by CalmStateOfMind]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My passion would most definitely be Lake Monsters!!!

I plan on goin to Loch Ness in the next few years, and I want to visit Lake Okanagan and Lake Champlain in Canada sometime too!

I also have a passion for the good old Disney films

NOT Disney Pixar!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join