It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO Hoax #25

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Been asked by many about the supposed low flying craft that ends by entering the trees. And since the site seems to be a hot potatoe, I stayed upthe other nite doing a bit of frame by frame analysis on it.

It is listed on the site as "Australian UFO Wave 2006: Sighting #25" and the link for watching the video is here:

www.australianufowave.com...

Here is the quote on the site about it:

(START)
DATE: 9.7.06
WITNESSES: One witness.
OTHER DETAILS: This object was seen approaching at great speed, but was no longer visible once it passed behind the tree.The witness has stated that the object was silent - the aeroplane that can be heard on the tape was a conventional aircraft off to the East (which was also seen and filmed by the witness).

This is analogue video shot on an old camera, and converted to digital. The conversion process is far from perfect, and the original tape is much clearer (when played directly through a TV). Watching the video frame-by-frame the object appears to be changing shape as it moves, or perhaps rotating. It has been suggested that the object's rapid movement could result in this visual distortion. We will attempt to get a better quality conversion in the future.
(END)

This one is quite a bit differant though. Every time I watched it, something about it didn't seem right especially when the sun's reflection hit it.. Why was it only reflecting that top section I kept asking myself? Also, why was the craft's nose tipped up so much, was it coming in for a landing somewhere? Well that didn't make much sense. This one also doesn't have the appearance of being staged (perse').

So I continued going through all frames, one at a time. I did this for many-many hours and did notice a little rough changes in the darker portion on the bottom of the craft, but that could've been again something to do with angle and sun reflection.

After going frame by frame I accidently hit the reverse button and watched the footage in reverse...Thats when it hit me.. We were seeing a reverse flight of a jet with a heavy composite build-up (CG) around the bottom of it...

When you remove the black composite,, you can see the jet,,, even a red FAA strobe firing off in 2 frames...

Now I did a real simple (and rather crappy job) cover-up of the black CG Composite using the available blue sky for the fill, so keep that in mind.

So in summary.. Videotape a jet coming out of the trees heading to the left zoomed in. Follow the jet and zoom-out. Take footage add dark composite CG shading, and reverse the footage to run backwards... Wah-La!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've painstakingly removed all the CG from the footage and present it also, it's about half of the hoax footage without any masking or CG. Had to do the removal and clean-up on every frame first blocking the CG, and then refilling the area with the sky as it was supposed to be. Then I placed each frame back into it's proper flying sequence. It's not as smooth as I'd like, but it's decent

The movie should without a doubt help you all see what the original footage was prior to the CG being added.

The footage is about 1/4 of a meg big and is a quick download. Please choose download and not play.... this way it will save on my bandwidth..

LINK:

www.anywhereenterprises.com:80...

in case that link has already used it's daily amount of bandwidth... (lots of traffic)..

See link in the next couple of posts of an alternate route

[edit on 15-8-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Excellent dude! Well done!
That's the kind of analysis level we need over here... I said it before, that site is a collection of CGI.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Great work

welcome to Above Top Secret
you probaly no me as
The1Nonly

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thanks people...

Ive added the footage without the CG here:
link

www.yousendit.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Check the site, now explains all.australianufowave.com...
nice work by the way JA but not exactly correct.
I thought some were fake but not all, I was duped a good lesson for all. At least they came clean.
wonder which two are genuine (possibly genuine)?

[edit on 15-8-2006 by EB_GB]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Uhm, OK...and this proves what exactly?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And now I need to hang my head in shame people..... SIGH!

When your wrong (partially,,) your still wrong... sigh

Well people, I was partially wrong in thier technique of the jet! Although correct in most of the videos being fake... my analysis on number 25 was off base.. Just went to the site, and now they have a explanation for the hoax's. They claim that only 2 of the videos are supposed ufos and all the rest were staged to fool the public.

And it turns out I was wrong in what I thought was a reverse shot of a jet.
It is a jet but flying in the opposite direction that they cropped the wings off....

Even tho I was correct in it being a hoax, I don't feel that justifys my wrong conclusion on how they probably did it.

I was fooled by their technique.

This is a lesson to us all, especially to me, that even when you think you know how something is done, there is probably a twist in there that one is unaware of.

My apologies!

And this is what they say:

TECHNIQUES

All the clips (except two), were shot on a Sony HDV camera. Two were shot on an old analogue camera, and converted to digital.

Background plates were usually shot with a tripod, and then a UFO was added, before camera shake and motion blur were applied. In some cases optical distortion and simulated lens blur were used to enhance the effect.

The clips were edited in Final Cut Pro, and the effects work was carried out with After Effects Pro 7.0. The alien in Sighting #30 was created with Poser 6.0.

Some of the UFOs (such as the spheres) were computer generated (in Vue Infinite and Cinema 4D), but most were created by shooting real-world light sources, such as streetlights and car headlights.

Three actors appeared in Sighting #31, and actors were used throughout the project to provide audio.

Details of techniques used for the sightings are include throughout the archive, and more details are found in the PROOF page.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

My apologies...

You were still correct, it was a real plane modified digitaly.
no need to apologize.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

My apologies...

It seems like you were the only one to examine the footage properly and you did in fact nail the method of creation, so I don't know what you're apologizing about. I just came across this thread and I think it's funny that they did it this way, because I've created a UFO video the exact same way myself. I found footage of a vintage plane flying at an airshow, flipped it upside down and reversed the motion, and viola... instant UFO including a crowd of onlookers oohhing and ahhing. I would never try to pass it off as a UFO, it was just for fun, but at least YOU would have spotted it as a fake.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yeah the site was pretty much revealed in another thread as a hoax...well..."immersive art project".

Things like this make me wish hoaxing was illlegal...but you know good `ol freedom of expression.

It just kinda demeans the UFO community and makes us look like fools.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Oh c'mon..... are there really people here that did NOT know the videos on that site were faked? Really?

Heres a link toa previous post where i called the site fake before they came ot of their closet.....CLICK HERE!!!

Those videos were all so OBVIOUSLY CGI, I felt dumber after I watched them...

new topics

top topics

join