It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody remember the Myst series...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I remember in 5th grade, my friend Kyle first told me about a new game he had begun playing. This game was titled Myst. He seemed so enthusiastic about the game so I decided to give it a try.

I installed my game on my blazing fast 486 DX2 66mhz computer with my huge 16 megs of ram. At the time that was a lot.

I found the game to mixed in with a lot of symbolism. Now reflected on the game years later. I�ve come to think that this game along with Riven and Myst III could be tied around a lot of Freemasonry stuff. What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Haven't really thought it tied in with any freemasonary stuff but it could.

I loved the first myst game and I have also read 2 books relating to the game. You should check them out.

"Myst The book of Ti'ana"
andh
"Myst The book of D'ni"

My fav out of the 2 was Ti'ana. Hope u check them out as they are a couple of the best books I have ever read.

Peace & Love,

Omega

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What reminded you of freemasonry? I played that game for hours unable to stop.... I don't recall anything that reminds me of masonic symbology, but then I was oblivious to such subjects and their significance at that time.
Please elaborate.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yea I was so young when I played the game. It's been so long since I've played. I just was thinking late one night about when I was younger. Sometimes I do that sort of thing. Before I was reading into Freemasonry. A thought crossed my mind. I remember being fascinated with all the mystery and symbolism in myst. I'd have to replay the game again to find out I guess. I was hoping that someone knew. It was a question I was asking really.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Been so long since I played it, I couldn't even tell you.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I remember in 5th grade, my friend Kyle first told me about a new game he had begun playing. This game was titled Myst. He seemed so enthusiastic about the game so I decided to give it a try.

I installed my game on my blazing fast 486 DX2 66mhz computer with my huge 16 megs of ram. At the time that was a lot.

I found the game to mixed in with a lot of symbolism. Now reflected on the game years later. I�ve come to think that this game along with Riven and Myst III could be tied around a lot of Freemasonry stuff. What do you guys think?

I think most of the imagry was trying to be new agey and otherworldly.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhhh i remember that game.....with the boat and the lighthouse and that ungerground thing....don't know about the mason part tho!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Great Game! Cool new approach too and very inovative for the time.

It's been a while since I played it but I don't believe there was any intentional or specific Freemasonry or other Secret Society imagery used. I remember watching a Behind the Scenes thing about Myst and the guys who made it. They pretty much came up with original ideas and stuff themselves and of a non-specific nature. They may have been influenced by such things however but I don't think there was any intended connection. When dealing with symbolic meaning and elements of nature and so on, it's hard not to have similar consepts. Certain connections just naturally come about.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Remember the games and the books Riven was the second installment in the game i think.

Cant remember the Masonic symbolism though
Try Broken Sword the shadow of the Templars a great game filled with Templar and Masonic lore.

S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
anyone play Drowned God that game was creepy it came out after myst II i had ufo's implants subs the kenedy ass and even area 51

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I haven't played that game. There is a new myst game called Uru. Has anyone had a chance to play it yet?

new topics

top topics

join