It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best photo I've ever taken today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Originally posted by bothered
Now to figure out what type of insect.

I'm guessing a beetle of some sorts. Thrown into the air.

With no light source (maybe a flashlite).

Now why would you want to know that, and more importantly why are you insinuating that CYRAX

I apologize. It's a poor video thought. The light source is crisp, whilst the rest of the image is blurred.
Hence the rotational delay.
Most likey due to poor layering.⌂←

[edit on 16-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
mods:

Sorry, I punched a upper set char from unicode through via alt+NUM seq.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
CYRAX I recommend you tone down the posting, as you can see excessive posting throws up suspicion, if you get anymore shots along these lines please don't hesitate to U2U me or post the shot to my e-mail.......not excessively though....

Personally, I see nothing wrong with this particular post, but I got here late and the mods seem to have had a right old time........

Lets hope we don't see any more silly remarks from posters unwilling to contribute.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Koka]
will do
since you asked i will post you photos of any more strange photos i get
i might post on the site the photos every few months since everyone thinks my photos are faked
and i cant post without starting arguments with everyone
well not everyone but most peeps here
so everyone who said something nice when i do get some nice pics i will U2U
dont worry
i no who you are

any ways cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX

CYRAX I recommend you tone down the posting, as you can see excessive posting throws up suspicion, if you get anymore shots along these lines please don't hesitate to U2U me or post the shot to my e-mail.......not excessively though....

I hope you took no offense, but with the skepticism level on Red, I had to take a few shots myself.

I've also made claims: which nearly got me in some major trouble, so I know how it is.

Here recently, I hear there's a major cover-up in "Maryland" that's supposed to be __marketable__ proof. HAHA.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
On CRRA there are left and right light sources.

So guessing on the third being hidden.

If you see single round craft in videos, if not removed from youtube and google
by now, notice the black and light areas.

Vibration patterns on a drum

Now if Tesla's flat coil were to resonate such a spectacular display, why would they
look the same?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yeah, Tesla rocks.....

I've been reading and studying his stuff since I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
does any one no where to get good cams from i want to start filming from my room and leave them on 24/7 see if i catch something
????

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The silver bottom and deep green top reminds me very much of a Cicada. If you view it zoomed at about 2383x1727 you can just about see 2 points above the top which could be wings although blurred. Do you have trees nearby where they like to hang out? You can tell when they are around by their constant buzzing noises rising and falling.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

does any one no where to get good cams from i want to start filming from my room and leave them on 24/7 see if i catch something
????

I would recommend a good web-cam with good night time resolution. I've done this.
You might want to set up two, one with constant viewing, the other time lapse. Then if you saw something, you could compare one with the other.

www_usbgeek_com and www_newegg_com have some good ones. Maybe one with infra-red sensors would be a good choice.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thankyou bothered will do this
have you picked up anything??

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Actually, yes. But I don't care to post it.

Too many would profit from it, and I don't need the Heat.
Also, it may have just been a camera malfunction.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If you look at it, there's a blurry bit above the darker section. The blurry bit could be wings and the darker, the body of a small bug flying close, past the lens. The semi-circle shape could lead you to believe that it's a UFO, but it's too far away to determine what it is. If you think it's something high and far in distance, it really can't be a bird or a plane or a blimp because they don't fly that high. Very interesting photograph though.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
thanks
cant wait to setup the webcams hope i pick up something

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   

thanks
cant wait to setup the webcams hope i pick up something

I would say your best best is a 3 sec delay, time-lapse. This is what I did, then I compiled it to play at 50 fps. This allows the viewing of 8 hours of material in a short amount of time. Run the result several times because if you look too hard for something, and don't see it right away, you can miss something that is there.

Of course, as a disclaimer, since it is digital, anything could be due to a glitch, hacking, seeing something that is not there, etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
thanks bothered
all the info will help
cheers

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
CYRAX, I have seen shareware programs that will only start filming when motion is detected. You can usually define "how much" motion before filming begins and how long it will last after the motion stops. The software was originally meant to watch who uses your computer when you're not there.

I think it might work for your project though.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
CYRAX, I have seen shareware programs that will only start filming when motion is detected.

I don't think that would work, those programs use a relatively large area of the image (maybe 1/16) to detect motion, it is useless in cases where the object may be almost invisible, as in the photo that started this thread.

Also, some of those programs create false positives when used with outside cameras because they are made for indoor use, like an office, where there are no changes and all objects are motionless. Some clouds across the sky, for example, would trigger the motion detection.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
yes i think Armap is right i will need cams designed for outdoors
but thanks anyways for the idea

ounce i save up some money i will set the cams up

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
CYRAX, I just happened to think there's a way to configure a camera on a computer that displays motion disturbances, but not in the visual range.
There's even a software emulation, I think.
This is achieved by modifying the motion detection algorithm, and instead of interpolating for visual recognition, you just display the data from one location of movement to the next.
I've never done this, but it is doable.

This technique wouldn't necessarily show something "invisible", but might be proof that something is there that can't be seen.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I will have to try that
that would be awsome picking something invisible
do you have an idea how much a setup with two cams and all the software would cost?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join