It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best photo I've ever taken today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
I will have to try that
that would be awsome picking something invisible
do you have an idea how much a setup with two cams and all the software would cost?

Whichever cameras you choose+free_software+algorithm modifications:

I found the following on sourceforge_net, which is software that is freely availabe.
I don't know anything about it, but with sourceforge, you can usually obtain the source code and modify it to suit your needs.

sourceforge.net...

Taking a pure guess at it, try and get a camera that allows you to adjust which area of the captured area sets off the motion detection, and tweak. I must admit, this is a little over my head. I'm sure it's been done though, and it would just take a little time to set up.

What you are looking for is data, showing that something moved in one area, then another, and set off detection equipment.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Do you have any orginal pictures, becasue if you put in a .png format instead of a .jpg the colors wont blend, but that does defintly look like something, i wish i could see it in .png it would soooo much clearer, really nice picture btw

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by krax
Do you have any orginal pictures, becasue if you put in a .png format instead of a .jpg the colors wont blend, but that does defintly look like something, i wish i could see it in .png it would soooo much clearer, really nice picture btw

do you no how top put it in .png
if you do i will post them up in that format
cheers

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yes i do, lol, when you export it to your computer, from your digital camera when it asks name and format... choose the name and instead of .jpg use .png or if it says JPG automatically, change it to PNG, theres no point on changing a jpeg, it will jus stay the same.... here are some examples of the quality diffrence

this is my art btw...

With PNG

With JPEG

If you have bad eyesight zoom in, and you can see png keeps it the same and jpeg combines the color.

Oh yh btw i like cyrax's name sounds like krax

[edit on 25-8-2006 by krax]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
thanks for the tip
if i get any new pics will have to put them in that format

thats funny i did not realize our names are nearly the same lol
I like the art work you did
Cyrax was my fav character from Mortal Kombat

[edit on 25-8-2006 by CYRAX]

[edit on 25-8-2006 by CYRAX]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the kodak software wont let me change it
could there be other ways of doing it since jpg is not the best
any ideas

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
the kodak software wont let me change it
could there be other ways of doing it since jpg is not the best
any ideas

Your camera should have the option of shooting a picture in .tiff or .raw format, or something that is high resolution. This will take up more room, so less pictures.
With a higher resolution picture, you can convert to .png or whatever you want.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Apparently that camera only has JPEG and only two compression settings, standard and fine.

I was expecting something better, that only shows that we have to take care when buying digital cameras.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
That is very cool, C. I am curious as to the camera specs... and how many frames you caught that object in. The shape almost looks like a side-view. Seems to have intentional geometry. Where you zoomed and locked-out in video? Or was that a digital still??

Please e-mail for a more lengthy response.

jb

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
That is very cool, C. I am curious as to the camera specs... and how many frames you caught that object in. The shape almost looks like a side-view. Seems to have intentional geometry. Where you zoomed and locked-out in video? Or was that a digital still??

Please e-mail for a more lengthy response.

jb

its a digital still
i was using solar obliteration

[edit: fixed quote]

[edit on 8/31/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Dear Cy

Apparently, I have already been banned from this website. Please email at my website...

jb

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There is no way that a person can post something as controversial as 'Solar Obliteration' and not cause consternation.

You don't have to post any swear words... -- you just have to stand up for what you know... and the 'web agents' will kick you off... sure as the sun shines.

Seems that they would know this... but, maybe they are new at this game.

After 11 years of investigating anomolies in the hidden light spectrums.... there is no insult that anyone can come up with that will be original.

Don't like fighting?? You may want to put up a disney channel website. That is the only way that you will avoid it.

Your website here is 'Above' nothing. If you can't take the heat... stay off of 'Project Runway.'

There is nothing any of you can ever do... that will make me disappear.

Web weinies.... please, please, please, Ban me. You are simply regurgitating what the status quo dictates to you anyways.

Boy... do I want to swear at you. Really, truly.

You killed my thread?? You are in the wrong business. Without the controversy... this subject is mute. And so are you.

Up yours.

jb

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
JohnBro please check your u2's.

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

you have messages waiting for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OFF ATS REPLY ASAP
SO Author

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveReason
OFF ATS REPLY ASAP
SO Author

Sorry
i dont understand what help you need

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My threads all being removed... most likely for violating 'No defending yourself' policy here.

Please email. Can save you years in your research. It is up to you.

jb

P.S. to ATS. When I am allowed to contact this member.... I will permanently vacate this website.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Johnbro, please check your U2U Inbox!

Click here.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Whoops, totally missed the posts ON THIS PAGE. Go me.

What format are these pictures originally in when you get them from your camera?

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Johnmike]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well i'll give my first impression I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I suggest it's a bird it looks about the right size and shape to me.

Could also be just a simple kite though.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A Simple Misunderstanding

Fellow members,

There was concern on the part of the ATS Staff regarding "boardvertising". This led to a misunderstanding between the staff and Johnbro that may seem a bit dramatic in retrospect.

ATS is NOT out to suppress discussion of Solar Obliteration. The staff is just committed to enforcing the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, and that can lead to misunderstandings.

Complicating things is the fact that many new members are not aware of U2Us, and since so much of what we do is done by U2U, that can make a difficult situation worse.

Please don't give Johnbro a hard time for the messages that were posted under Global Ignore (GI) and were not previously visible. From his perspective, we were "suppressing" him, though I promise that has never been our intention.

Johnbro, please forgive the misunderstanding. I want you to be assured that ATS has nothing against you discussing Solar Obliteration 'til the cows come home.

I pray that we can all avoid blowing this any more out of proportion than it already is, and urge all members to contact us if you ever have any concerns whatsoever about ATS policy or staff conduct.

We just want to help.

Honest.

(Sorry for the off-topic digression. Back to the photo!)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join