It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Image Avatar Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Randomimage.net now has rotating images, but only offers HTML or UBB code. I removed the url from the code and posted it in the Avatar URL box of Account Settings and this is what I got:

It looks good to go, but when I go to the forum, this is what I get:

Any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It seems to be working now. I just refreshed this page 4 times and saw 3 different avatars under your name.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That's because I'm currently using this site for the avatars, not randomimage.net:

addf.net...

[edit on 2006/8/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hi Grady,
Your avatar is ramdomizing for me too.

I did a little searching around and I came up with a nice PHP script for randomizing images.
All you need is your own webspace that allows image linking.
You can get the script HERE. Size is 2k.

U2U me if you need any help, I put a readme file in the zip but all of the instructions are in the PHP file.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Okay, folks. I really appreciate the help, but you're missing my point. Randomimage.net is the site I'm trying to get working. Addf.net is the site I'm using for the time being. Addf.net works fine, but it limits the number of avatars to nine, which for us rotating avatar nuts is nothing.

I've seen php scripts all over the place, but have no idea how to use them. Where do I find my "own webspace that allows image linking." If I can get one for free, several of us here on the board would be glad to here it.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I can host random images for you, just u2u me for details if you can't get this to work.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi, its paul from randomimage.net the random avatars are working fine for me, are you using the correct code?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I figured it out, Paul. I was pulling the url from the html code and not the UBB code. A rookie mistake.

Stick around. You might find this place fun.

[edit on 2006/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hi, this is my code www.randomimage.net...

Make sure you select the checkbox next to your folder with avatars in and then click Generate Code for Rotation: You will then get a popup with Html and Ubb code: Just copy the url from the Ubb code with the jpg extension on the end. Let me know if you have any probs. For image sigs you can just copy all of the code in the Ubb box.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by randomimagenet]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah. I just edited the post above you. I was pulling the url out of the html code. Thanks a lot. It's pretty rare when you get curb service for internet problems.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Yeah. I just edited the post above you. I was pulling the url out of the html code. Thanks a lot. It's pretty rare when you get curb service for internet problems.

Easy mistake, yeah i think i will stick around, it looks like a great forum

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You have voted randomimagenet for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
D'oh! What a silly mistake, I'm embarassed

Thank you, Paul

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
New And Improved

I had to give up the old randomimage.net because it kept breaking -- and my avatars are important to me, you know.

However, the new system looks pretty sweet, and I've been using it since yesterday to see if it can handle the ATS Challenge.

So far, so good, and it feels great to be random again!

Note: Not a commercial endorsement. No avatars were harmed in the making of this post. Post void where prohibited. See dealer for details.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i'm just r33t.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
New And Improved

I had to give up the old randomimage.net because it kept breaking -- and my avatars are important to me, you know.

However, the new system looks pretty sweet, and I've been using it since yesterday to see if it can handle the ATS Challenge.

So far, so good, and it feels great to be random again!

Note: Not a commercial endorsement. No avatars were harmed in the making of this post. Post void where prohibited. See dealer for details.

Yep it was running on very old and buggy software before, much better and more powerfull software now. We should be moving to a nice new powerfull dedicated server within a few days, all images will continue to be served during the transfer but you won't be able to login for 24 hours.

top topics

join