It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 down, 22 to go... free?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
well, the first of the arrested alleged plane terrorists has been set free by the police, having apparantly been found totally innocent news.bbc.co.uk...

they do seem to have a habit in the uk of killing, wounding and arresting totally innocent people they 'know' are terrorists because their 'intelligence' says so. who is supplying this 'intelligence' and should we be starting to question it? after all, what if the uk is deliberately being fed bad intel to make them look bad/stupid/incompetent & clueless

i happened to see a bbc news 2 nights ago where a journalist stated that if it turns out that all these people happen to be innocent also, then the press wont be believing anything the government tell them anymore.

so, IF it turns out that those arrested ARE innocent, how will you be feeling about this?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
We were just having a conversation about this last night over dinner. I cannot imagine what it must be like for an innocent person to be dragged into an investigation and then released after his name/details have been published for the entire world as a 'terrorist'.

I remember during 7/7, that a lot of papers weren't even bothering with the words ALLEGED or SUSPECTED. Gee...if the media prints it, then it must be true.

As usual, you will have those with their feeble but very loud opinions saying, 'well at least it is better for US to be safe and who cares if THEY are rounded up'. We all know who THEY are in comparison to us.

But imagine what damage this does to a person and his community? Do we ever think about that?

Did anyone see the Muslim guy at the airport with the tears in his eyes because he had been pulled off his flight? Later, the news had neatly edited away his interview, so no tears and no silent condemnation in his eyes, just confusion.

After the De Menezes incident, it proves more than ever that many more innocents will suffer because of association, similar names or just having the wrong colour and surname. Let's not be afraid to use the words because that is what it is - a long horrible consistent use of Racial Profiling.

But that's OK as - everything is fine as long as WE are safe right?? As long as WE aren't being pulled out of our beds, homes or queues, everything is hunky dory and gee, no rights are being lost.

These men are British citizens as well as Muslims. They also have rights. Or do they?

Welcome to the age of hypocricy.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
as well as dropping the 'alleged' tag for suspects, there is also the apparant fact that even innocent people are guilty of crimes they couldn't possibly have commited

by that i mean that 9 of the 'alleged' 911 hijackers are still alive and well, yet they were named in the zacharia moussaoui trial as being on those planes. even the fbi director had admitted that those people must have had their passports stolen, yet no effort has been made to clear their names publicly and the official myth line of the named 19 hijackers is still being touted as fact, and in zacharia moussaoui's case - as evidence!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
some will be appearing in court and links have been made to them and the 7/7 bombers. Plus, bomb making equipement and material has been found, so i doubt a large number will be released.

plus, with Pakistan make numerous arrests, which lead to the raids in the UK, i doubt the rest will all be released.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
hello, people . the guy was probably released because he was their inside man.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Im sure there will be a few more released because they are totally innocent. And if it turns out that all of the UK suyspects are innocent, Im quite sure, knowing the british media, that they will have a good time crucifying the government.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is exactly what I'm talking about in my "wheres the evidence" post. they seem to just do this at their whims for their agendas.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
One of the suspects arrested by Pakistan intelligence is related to a suspect in the United Kingdom. But this time, the police have found evidence such as bombing making material so someone (or persons) are going to be charged with something.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
you people do not really believe the crap you write here do you? those guys wanted to kill 1000s of innocents and you babble about theire human rights and political correctness, are you insane???

ps: i hope the next time you fly, there will be snakes on the plane.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What people??? Are you so sure it was these 24 people. Can you not think that hey maybe its someone higher up, with a bigger agenda who wants to kill some folks.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
what about the fanatics, denonstrating in western capitals claiming to destroy western civilization, are those staged govermentpuppies too?

or were these pictures photoshopped by georg doubleju himself:
peaceful muslems

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon
you people do not really believe the crap you write here do you? those guys wanted to kill 1000s of innocents and you babble about theire human rights and political correctness, are you insane???

ps: i hope the next time you fly, there will be snakes on the plane.

Tell that to the guy who was just released. The point that people are trying to make is that before we go ahead and label these guys terrorist, we should wait until all the facts come in, because in the end, we may have only a handful of actual "terrorist" while the rest being innocent victims.
Innocent until proven guilty. Is that so insane?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i am sure at least all suspect are connected to a radical islamistic group, and therefore i wont shed a tear for them. the british police will be careful not to overreact again(they observed for months), after they shot the brazilian fool who ran away from them.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by hoeon]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
that was a totally ignorant comment.
So even the innocent person that was released deserves no sympathy from you because he must be part of militant islam?
Bravo. Lets just round up all those Arabs because they all must be part of militant islam!
Last time I checked it was ok to be a part of any group as long as you dont commit any crimes.

I wonder if there is a militant ignorance group...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As someone was saying on the radio, the police may have acted (to prevent an attack) so early that there is little evidence to charge some of them. But if it means i can get on a plane without it being blown up, im happy with the police and intelligence.

its sad that some are not giving the police the credit they deserve.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
can anybody provide some links to say that bomb-making equipment was found because i just checked the bbc, reuters and google news main pages and theres nothing about it on any of them. in fact, they all seem to be strangely quiet regarding the events at the airports and the arrests made.

will some of you PLEASE re-read my first post and take note of where i used capitals. can you then look up 'hypothetical' in a dictionary and then put the two concepts together?

can some of you even explain why it is ok for you to judge somebody guilty before they have even been to court, but i cannot ask a simple 'hypothetical' question, (which is not even an unreasonable question given the uk police's track record of arresting/shooting/killing INNOCENT people) of what people would think if it turned out they were innocent also.

hoeon, if you were in a strange country and you saw people NOT dressed as policeman running towards you with guns and NOT identifying themselves as policemen, would you just stand there or would you run to protect yourself? are you the type who honestly doesnt care whether someone that gets murdered is an innocent vicitm? perhaps, like rape victims, they must have deserved it eh?

can you please point out how the police were more careful after killing jean charles de menezes (& geez, what sort of a person are you that you call him a fool?) when they shot and wounded the next innocent person they thought was a terrorist? can you also please point out to me where i babble about human rights and political correctness and then explain to me why it is that innocent (and guilty) humans shouldn't have any rights at all. i'd be really interested in hearing about that one.

and people, i ask again, please just read my first post and answer it and STOP insinuating things that are not in that posting. i simply asked a reasonable hypothetical question. i already know how people will feel IF OR WHEN they are found guilty IN A COURT OF LAW and NOT on the internet!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Everytime I hear the word "Intelligence", I cannot help but chuckle.. Reminds me of Team America's INTELLIGENCE...

As for the actual events. I think this is going to be another cock up. If the police were certain these guys were about to commit acts, they should have let the operation go active, then act. Rather than acting too early and missing out on vital evidence.

It would not have been that risky to aprehend these guys at the airport, as the explosives apparently required assembly anyway and were only minute amounts. Enough to cause damage to a pressurised Aircraft at 35,000ft, but not very effective at ground level.

Only the bomber himself would be hurt.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
It would not have been that risky to aprehend these guys at the airport, as the explosives apparently required assembly anyway and were only minute amounts.

With respect stu would you like to aprehend the next subject that has a "small" bomb planted on him?

Enough to cause damage to a pressurised Aircraft at 35,000ft, but not very effective at ground level.

Only the bomber himself would be hurt.

Stu, just theorising here, what would happen if say I dunno one was set off at the door of the cockpit then another thrown in for good measure?

Originally posted by justyc
they do seem to have a habit in the uk of killing, wounding and arresting totally innocent people they 'know' are terrorists because their 'intelligence' says so. who is supplying this 'intelligence' and should we be starting to question it? after all, what if the uk is deliberately being fed bad intel to make them look bad/stupid/incompetent & clueless

Uh ok yeah thanks bud want to accuse my country of anything else while your at it?
Intelligence isnt 100% accurate and it never is....bur hindsight is always 20/20.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Heon I hope that little red warn next to your name means you are learning from your outbursts. Aren't you endorsing endangering peoples lives on board aircraft with your snakes comment?

As for John Charles Menenezes 'the fool who ran from the police and was shot' as you say. Well he wasn't a fool and the investigation proved he did not even run and was never challenged by the police. Please get your facts straight.

Also I don't think any bombs have been found, there was mention to one detonator being found but even that is speculative at this time...

I hope one of the news services interviews the person who has been released...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
As for John Charles Menenezes 'the fool who ran from the police and was shot' as you say. Well he wasn't a fool and the investigation proved he did not even run and was never challenged by the police. Please get your facts straight.

No they didnt shoot him because of the above, they simply shot him because they believed he was a bomber. There were many cockups in that operation and the officers did what they where ordered to do under the mets policy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join