It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the ultimate Concealed carry Gun?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If a silencer is not legal or available, I believe a potato will do the job. I would just pre-drill so that the vegetable would stay on by itself. there's no need to lose fingers.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i carry a glock 36 slimline 6in the mag one in the chamber all you should need,and its comftorable and smooth nothing to catch on as you pull it out. i use a side in the pants holster.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

This is my favorite gun hands down (Ruger P101). It is the perfect wheel gun, will never jam, you could put it anywhere and know with certainty that when you meed it shes there for you. This is my staple home protection gun and has a great track record of reliability.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Fletcher33]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Man do I hate these threads!

You get people telling the poster a bunch of bunk! For starters, silencers are ILLEGAL anywhere in the USA unless you have approval from BATF. Only those with such approval are permitted to own a Title 2 weapon. To put that in perspective, Title 2 weapons include machine guns, sawed-off shot guns, and penguns. Persons owning, possessing or using silencers or supressors without prior BATF approval are subject to a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison. Only the BATF approves Title 2 weapon sales and they must be approved and attained in advance. The final note - it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to attain this approval unless you are law enforcement or government or can validate a special need. Simply wanting to own one isn't sufficient.

Next, some of the freaking hand cannons discussed on this thread are TERRIBLE concealed carry weapons - that is unless you wear a down parka year round and don't mind having 6 to 8 pounds of steel hanging off your body!
Methinks we have too many video gamers here and too few people who really know firearms and how they are purposed.

I will NOT tell you which is the "best" concealed carry weapon because you will hear of a great many pieces available on the market which are specifically purposed for such a thing. What I can do, instead, is offer some knowledge on the subject that perhaps will direct you toward a type of sidearm that will help you meet your needs - since they are likely unique.

Which weapon you choose is likely to be dependent upon your sex, your size and build, your age, how often or frequently you intend to carry, how liekly you are to need to use it (occupation plays a role here) and on and on. The reason I say that is because you have a range of chassis, grip size, caiber (recoil), trigger draw weight, capacity etc... As a result, there is no one "best" concealed carry weapon.

Most off-duty cops or law enforcement that require regular concealed carry choose Sigs or Glocks. Me, I use the P239 in a .40S&W. Sig also makes some excellent .357 and 9mm concealed carry weapons that are completely deburred for ease of draw and comfort close to the body.

My recommendation would be to head to your local, reputable gun dealer and discuss with him or her your unique needs and have them match you up with the pistols that fit that criteria. Test fire them if they have a range. If not, find a range that offers rentals. Prior to your CCW training, enroll in a 1 or 2 hour gun safety course and become comfortable with your weapon. And finally, please make sure that you are doing this for the right reason. Have a CCW or "packing" are NOT deterrents - in fact, it will likely get you killed faster than if you were unarmed. Having a concealed weapon carries a responsibility - a responsibility that you can and will use that weapon if and when the need arises. If you cannot bring yourself to use that weapon to kill another human being then it will likely be used against you or someone you love. please think long and hard about that before you purchase.

One last thing - SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY!!! Never let your firearm wind up in the wrong hands - like that of children! Hope this was helpful and best of luck!

edit: spelling

[edit on 18-11-2008 by kozmo]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it does not work you can always hit him with it."

-Boris the Blade
aka:
Boris the Bullet Dodger
Boris the sneaky #ing Russian
Boris the Butcher

SNATCH

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
1911 government model bar non. Yeah it's big, but it's worth it. I love my Kimber and carry it over my Glocks.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My choice started with caliber. I figured that for reasonable stopping power, the minimal would be 40. With better ammo, I suppose 9mm may be ok as well, but I hadnt thought of that at the time. The lightest and thinnest that I could find in 40S&W was the Kahr PM40. It has good accuracy, and the recoil isnt bad unless you are running a couple hundred rounds through it at the range.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
.44/20 LeMat Revolver,
www.cabelas.com...

if 9 .44 ball did not get them the 20 gage would.

plus being a black powder gun it would give you a smoke screen to hide behind and make a good SitX weapon.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Kimber Ultra CDP II, 3" barrel, .45 ACP.

Light, compact proven man-stopper.

Anything smaller is questionable.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
Are everyone in the stats are THAT loaded with guns?
makes a civil war in the US a scary thought

yup... 300 millions guns in the U.S....that's what we call "civilian back-up". we are a bunch of freaking gun lovers in this country. it gives pause to other countries military ambitions. all they need to do is crash our economy, and that seems to be working. problem is ...you can't shoot a derivitive or a credit default swap.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Glock 27 , 9mm. That's the one I carry and can conceal easily.

PLus, I just love it. Seriously, the 9mm feels good in my hand. I'm not afraid of the recoil. The 45 just kicked my butt, but the 9 is perfect. I thought the 45 was going to jump out of my hand so I would overcorrect and mess up target practicing with it.

I think I'll get a bumpersticker or a tattoo - I Love My Glock!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lakewoodrealtor

The answer is easy: The Bill Wilson daily carry:

www.wilsoncombat.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The H&K p7 is very concealable and super accurate. There are some available on www.gunbroker.com. while they are pricy I feel they are worth it. How much is your life worth?

I have litterly fired mine several hundered times in a day at the range without cleaning tring to see if it would jam and it just kept firing.

Accuracy is the most surprising as mine consistantly shoots 1 inch groups at 20 - 25 yards. I can do the same with my colt 1911 natl. match but after considerable accurizing work. The H&K did it right out of the box.

If your old enough to remember the movie "Risky Business" Tom Cruze's charater says "Porsche .... there is no subsitute" The same holds true with this fine German engineered piece of equipment. But it should go
"H&K there is no substitute.... when your life depends on it"
The Rock

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Colt CCO
Light weight, smaller than a full size 1911, larger than the defender. Dillon leather side carry holster or CC fanny pack depending on the situation.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander

I think I'll get a bumpersticker or a tattoo - I Love My Glock!

Without wanting to derail the thread, I just wanted to add that bumper stickers promoting firearms ownership, the NRA, driver only carries $20 of ammunition etc are generally a bad idea.

There is at least one documented case where a minor road traffic dispute escalated to a felony bust when driver #1 noticed all the NRA stickers on the truck of driver #2 and correctly guessed he was carrying a loaded firearm in the vehicle.

He called the cops and the other driver was arrested and charged with brandishing when he admitted to having a weapon.

Sometimes it pays not to advertise.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, that's why I'm licensed to carry concealed.

No worries.

No problems.

And the cops can relax when informed.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I always prefer the S&W stainless 5-shot 38 Special for concealed carry. Tried and true reliable, accurate with a laser and you can count on it when needed. Trust me this one is deadly. No worries about clip springs or jams load it and forget it when you need it it's ready.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I must admit I don't think most people on this thread are living in the same world as I am, there are currently two guns on the market that suit a normal cocealed carry person. PM 9 by Khar and Pf 9 by Kel Tec, small easy to conceal and easy to wear as a concealed weapon. Any 1911 whereeas powerfull, no fun to carry and less effective if you only have five to six shots.
32 caliber and smaller are good to carry but look a ballistics the jump from 380/32 cal to 9MM is without saying worth the extra weight for the normal carry person. The non normal carry person is the one in a war zone with a SOP, and code of conduct to adhere to. Thus us people in the US as civilians need at least a 9MM with 7 to 8 shots, very few time does any incounter last more than five shots.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
From personal experience-

Smith and Wesson model 640 .357 5 shot revolver.

Dont know if they still make it. Had mine when I was a truck driver a decade ago. The hammer is built into the inside of the gun itself-no hammer to catch on clothes-. 5 shot capacity makes it that much more conealable.-revolver reliability, as long as your ammo is good the gun WILL fire.

Lastly, its a .357. If you hit an attacker center mass and for some supernatural reason is able to get back up and continue an attack just pull the trigger one more time.

Took it to the NRA range in Fairfax Va many times. Damn thing was the most vicious little monster Ive ever fired. Shot flame a foot and a half. Should have never have gotten rid of it. Im a .357 convert for life.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The best concealed carry weapon? One that YOU are skilled with and can conceal properly would seem the obvious answer.

If all you care about is concealment a colt .25 or a derringer would be nice though its not likely to immediately stop anything more than a raging child or a kitten unless you manage to press it to their eye or upward in the back of the neck...

I personally love my Glock 30 its a subcompact .45acp, A glock 26 is slightly more compact but I don't feel comfortable with a 9mm.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join