It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the ultimate Concealed carry Gun?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I occasionally buy moly-coat match grade for it but mostly an old CSM buddy of mine loads for me.

If ya reload it's maybe 50 cents a shell.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Turkish company Sarsilmaz (spelling?) makes civilian versions of lots of HK weapons including MP-5K, their quality is good and prices moderate, don't know about UK availability...

Btw Sarsilmaz also makes nice 9mm Pistols based on CZ-75..

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have just purchased a .380 sigma S&W i will have it in a few days it is new in the box. Anyone here have any experience with this pistol?? I am not sure if it is something i want to carry but it will be good around the home.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
E-

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakewoodrealtor
I have just purchased a .380 sigma S&W i will have it in a few days it is new in the box. Anyone here have any experience with this pistol?? I am not sure if it is something i want to carry but it will be good around the home.

it's an ok concealed carry gun, but IMHO, the only weapon well suited for home defense is a 12 gauge.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well i have to opinions on the best concealable gun...

for power the Desert Eagle-probably the most powerful handgun evermade, if you shoot a standerd gun into a watermellon it will make a hole, a desert eagle makes it explode its so powerful.

for stealth i would choose a Socom, because it has extremely good accueacy and is standered with a silencer.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
krax

Put down the video game controller and step away from the thread slowly.

We're talking concealable, and legal to the general public, here.

SOCOM is the "Special Operations Command" or a video game.

The pistol prefered by the former is(or at least was) the H&K Mk.23 model 0.

Also, "silencers" are not legal in many areas.

The civilian version was designated as the Mark 23, and no, it does not come with a "silencer".

[edit on 8/25/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
krax, That Socom pic link doesnt work? I assume you mean a H&K MK23? Well i've shot one and you dont want to carry a MK23 concealed. Its a big gun just like the desert eagle, but even nicer. the MK23 is probably the best handgun I've ever shot, its so perfectly balanced and its unreal how accurate and easy it is to shoot. The large frame and weight eat a lot of the recoil making follow up shots very easy. But at $2500 you can get a very high quality gun for a 1/3rd of the price thats will do concealed carry duty much better. A desert eagle is also very large, and pretty tough to conceal comfortably. Desert eagles are also known to be somewhat unreliable and not all that accurate especially for follow up shots with that big recoil

If I were going to get an auto to conceal I think it would be a the Sig P229 SAS, or perhaps a USP? For a cheaper auto I would consider an XD or glock again in .40 or maybe .357

for a revolver, if I were carrying concealed I would go for something spurless like a Ruger SP101 or a S&W 340PD probably in .357, but I might consider a .44 but thats becausse I'm pretty big and can handle one ok.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Are silencers illegal in parts of the USA?

I only tought you had the funny "tax" for silencers, out here about 50% of both sporters and hunters use silencers in rifles, because it makes the shooting less annoying to neighbourhood and helps to protect your hearing. And silenced .22 pistols are popular since you can shoot them without earplugs

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Of the guns I have tried to carry, my favorite is my old .380 Walther PPK-S. Not a large capacity magazine, but a spare is thin and easily slips into a coat pocket. it always functions, is double action, accurate, and light, so it is easy to carry. I alternate fully jacketed with hollowpoints, with a jacketed being the first round.

My wife has a little .22 short auto that has a flip up barrel that you can load a round in. I think the magazine holds 5 rounds, and it is noisy enough to scare any attacker, though I doubt it could do much damage if the person was wearing a winter coat. It is strange but the slide is harder to pull back on the little .22 than any other gun I own.

I do like some of the guns that people have suggested in this thread, but I have alway had a concern with hammerless weapons. I am old enough to remember when safety features that prevented the hammer from striking the firing pin were not available, so I am still leary about carring a gun that is at all times cocked.

And, I just love the CCW laws in Alaska - keeps people honest.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf

Yes.

It varies from state to state (and sometimes even municipality to municipality) however, even in areas where they are legal, you still have alot of hoops that you need to jump through, and a high premium to pay, in order to get one.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
ohhh, sorry i did not relise that we couldn't use black market, but out of everything desert eagle is my favorite, and no i do not play video games...i just have a big intrest in guns, lol, my grandad even got me a guns identify manual for my 14th birthday lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by krax
ohhh, sorry i did not relise that we couldn't use black market

It was the request #2 in the origional post.

Originally posted by lakewoodrealtor
1. Must be real (no dreaming here)
2. Must be available on the open market.
3. Must be concealable

However, the Mark 23 is not a "black market" gun.

It's a civilian version of the Mk23 Mod 0.

You'd have to check with your local laws though; I'm not sure if either of the two guns, that you think are cool, are legal in the U.K.

Originally posted by krax
but out of everything desert eagle is my favorite

Have you ever shot, or held, one?

Not the most concealable, and quite heavy, as pistols go.

[edit on 8/25/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Mark 23 would be a good choise for a combat pistol (and it does come with silencer in the more civilised places
) but you just can't hide it. same thing with DE.

But both of those are available in open market, nothing black about them... But if you like Mark 23 get USP, since it's just a scaled down variant.

And you really like to go BANG, get a .500 Linebaugh Revolver from Gary Reeder
I'm sure you can get a nice 2 inch barreled version... I sure as hell wouldn't fire one..

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
When laws were alot less restricted, my grandad had 5 guns, a beretta, 2 magnum, 2 shotguns. I use to practise on the trees, but he had to sell them, he was way to worried about the laws.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Originally posted by northwolf

Yes.

It varies from state to state (and sometimes even municipality to municipality) however, even in areas where they are legal, you still have alot of hoops that you need to jump through, and a high premium to pay, in order to get one.

In most states they are legal though. Here is a good map from a silencer manufacturer showing the legality of them in each state.

www.advanced-armament.com...

Basically you have a gun shop order it and run a background check, then you pay a $200 transfer tax and fillout some forms and fingerprint cards to be filed with the ATF and local police.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What is the ultimate Concealed carry Gun? - A sense of humor.

Seriously, Russian 5.45X18 PSM.

www.gunsamerica.com...

here's the ammo - www.gunsamerica.com...

My advice, roll your own. PSM holds incredible psi's, so load'em hot, and there are custom "penetrator options" available.

If looking for something bigger, for size/effectiveness can't beat HK P7 M8 (or M13 if you can find it.)

Incredible craftsmanship but dang it's pricey. $1200 on average, but again, feel free to roll your own +P+ with "hard hearts".

Fixed barrel allows for a suppressor options, if such are needed.

A step up from that for HEAVY fire power would be a modded Glock 19. Don't ask me how or to what, look for your self.

14 in the stack, 2 - 17 rounders on the hip plus 2 - 31 rounders in the pit all loaded with "hard hearts", and man your ready to go.

Another interesting "magburn" load option would be a copper cup loaded with pressure formed magnesium powder slug. A VERY interesting and utterly devastating effect upon impact with solid surfaces. Especially when you got a "salad mix" in the 31 rounder.

That's the way to go friend, if you got places to go. I'm for one good right here.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What about the walter PPK it's good enough for Bond?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hey The_Smokeing_Gun, that's the Glock that I'm talking about!

Apparently XD9 is also moddible, and absorbs recoil MUCH better then Glock.

Give it a try, a real smooth cycle on that baby.

What about the walter PPK it's good enough for Bond?

GDR made Makarov beats PPK in my book. You can hammer nails with the damn thing, and load the 9X18 to Much higher pressures then .380ACP.

It is also possible to neck the MAK down to 5.56. Custom barrel and your in business. Especially useful with a Russian 13 round version.

Trim it down all around, thing grips, and you end up with one heck of a conceal carry.

Blows 9mm Kahrs out of the water.

Same goes for XD9. Neck that 9 down and you got a super zipper with low impulse recoil. Very useful for, umm, rapid fire.

It all started with EXTREME loads for CZ-52. Dang that 7.62X25 round is hot and fast. Zipps right through 34 layers like it wasn't there.

PSM and hot 7.62X25 loads pretty much started pistol neck down craze. .224 BOZ for example.

Guys tried feeding hot 7.62X25 rounds from CZ52 into PPSha, and ended up chewing up the receiver. That's how hot they are.

So CZ52 and TT still got a ton of fire in them, and are simply superior to compact 9s.

It gets really twisted when a 9X21 case is necked down to a custom 6mm THV bullet type. Originally designed by the French, its tip is concave ogive and looks something like a Hershey kiss.

Original 9mm design required high velocity and was made out of aluminum.

With high velocity of a necked down to a hardened 6mm, it's strong enough to zip through Kevlar AND the plate, while still keeping its shape to cleaves the tissue.

Actually, here's a link that describes the principle in detail;

The projectile was designed by Charles Kelsey, and is conceptually based on the THV brass alloy soft-body-armor-piercing cartridge (Figure 1), produced in France by Société Française des Munitions (SFM). The unique concave (reverse) ogive of the THV bullet cleaves soft tissue as it penetrates, and as these tissues flow across the ogive they accelerate laterally and are energetically propelled radially outward off the bullet's shoulder. This action produces a large diameter temporary cavity.

www.firearmstactical.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jewish_hammer

About the same number of households with guns as Switzerland and Finland. It's a heritage thing. We fought hard hard for our independence, and we want to keep it. Even today, we have a strong tradition of limited government. The less government the better. Most of the Euros don't understand this stuff at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's impossible for me to provide a sound judgment as to what's best for CCW. After all I have NOT carried every possible firearm available so how the heck can I make this sort of judgment, it's impossible for me or anyone else to say which is best until we've used every one.
What I do say is think about an automatic verses a revolver. Go to a range and fire both types, in various calibers as well. Don't spend any money until you narrow it down and then make the best decision possible based upon your experiences.
Remember that the best CCW is the one you can use accurately & effectively when the heat is on and your under pressure.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join