It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Anchors tipped off to British/US plot??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
While watching the evening news I noticed that Brian Williams is already in London and Fox mentioned that Greta Van Susteren is also already there.

Thurs., Aug. 10: NBC Nightly News Anchor and Managing Editor Brian Williams anchors tonight from London. In the meantime, Chief White House Correspondent David Gregory gives you an early glimpse of the stories under consideration for tonight's NBC Nightly News.
NBC News

How on earth could they have gotten there so fast without inside information considering most of the flights were cancelled or severely delayed today? Something smells fishy.

[edit on 8/10/2006 by shots]

[edit on 8/10/2006 by shots]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Shots,

I agree, and i'm glad you see this for what it is. FISH.

Nothing is what it appears to be, Shots.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I agree, and i'm glad you see this for what it is.

Too bad the government officials cannot see it and this is not a one sided issue here. The federal government as a whole has more leaks in it then Carter has Little Liver Pills and they need to be plugged.

What ever happened to the phrase "Loose Lips Sink Ships"?

If the government cannot keep a secret you know darned well the media can't either. A tip off from inside media sources could have leaked it to the fanatics alerting them to the fact they were onto them. Fortunately in this case it did not happen, but it could have.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I too noticed this and as a further point, Brian Williams was on the today show this morning at 8 am est reporting from Scotland on the situation. I thought it weird and noticed that he reported tonight from London.
Thanks for also noticing this.... thought it was just me!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think this is one of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated by British and American intelligence agencies.

So what's their agenda?

More liberal funding to them by their respective governments?

Keeping Osama and the Al Qaeda in the news? (He and his gang had started fading from public memory).

Keeping the Pakistanis on the hook to continue their so called 'help' in the war against terror? (They said most were Pakistani expats).

Scoring brownie points?

A diversionary tactic to turn the world's attention away from the war in Labanon?

Probably we'll never know. But the plot stinks!

df1

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It was a staged "dog & pony show" which made it necessary for the actors to get into position and pratice the script. The logistics of getting "air force one" on the ground in wisconsin at right about noon was the impressive part of the act.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
.... and to get Bush to remember his lines and speak coherently.
Never an easy task. Ohhh well... bring on Jeb !

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would guess that the answer is simple. Perhaps they flew on a private jet?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser
I would guess that the answer is simple. Perhaps they flew on a private jet?

Thats the first thing that came to my mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I personally would like to know at exactly what time they were in the U.K. already.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
From my earlier post about Brian Williams being on the Today show this morning, I am sure he mentioned that he had arrived with his family earlier. As this was broadcast at 8am that would make it 1pm in the UK.
Maybe he was on holiday with his family and was in the right spot at the right time. I think this news broke at approx 1.30am est, I too would be interested in the background to this... couldnt find anything on the MSNBC website, but guess they wouldnt advertise when their reporters etc were/where on holiday.

At least he should get a few days in lieu for working on his vacation.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Originally posted by mikesingh

I think this is one of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated by British and American intelligence agencies.

Its discouraging to see how many good, honest, patriotic, law abiding, generous, relatively intelligent Americans are going for it. Truly pathetic.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
He was on the Daily show on tuesday... So he was in the U.S. first.

newsbusters.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe the conspiracy in me gets the better, but something with the big picture dosent add up. Years before 9/11 and talk of possible attacks by hijacking planes.. we all know what happend there.
Late 1994, and an attempted bomb attack on a plane using liquid explosives. Today being told by the many "experts" that liquid explosives cannot be detected using the usual screening process. Was this not long enough to find a way of detectng these substances?
Seems that no one is willing to come forward and connect the dots between previous threats. Very weird.
Always reminds me of one thing....
Late 1990's I travelled to the USA to visit my wife to be... I was always amazed even back then that she could come to the gate and even to the tunnel to the plane to see me off or greet me. To me even then... it was an accident ready to happen.
Just my rambles and I hope not off topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Tin Is In

Originally posted by johnlear
Its discouraging to see how many good, honest, patriotic, law abiding, generous, relatively intelligent Americans are going for it. Truly pathetic.

Well heck, this is a conspiracy site. What do you expect?

I'm somewhat of a skeptic, myself, but one thing I've learned over and over again on ATS is the wisdom of a certain well-known sage of our times:

Ozzy's Uncertainty Principle: "If you think you're right, you're wrong, and if you think you're wrong, you're right."

I personally think there's a lot of misdirection behind many conspiracy theories, but not all of them.

More importantly, though, I don't ever want to discourage anyone from questioning their government. :shk:

Better that a few public servants suffer a little indignity than a nation become derelict in its duty to serve as the final check on government power.

As it is, I fear we may be asleep at the switch.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Supposing this was TRUE, we are giving the "terrorists" exactly what they want.

I agree this is a hoax and unless Al Qaeda knocked on my door and prooved differently, i will go on believing its a hoax.

What next??

I AM glad to see that babies can still drink their formula onboard an airplane, though. Lucky moms.

If i was at the airport and they asked me to dump all my tubes of makeup, medicines, toothpaste, etc...i would have turned around and left the airport.
I'll be dammed if i'm going to leave my face lift-toner which cost $100.
That's ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Tin Is In

Originally posted by johnlear

Well heck, this is a conspiracy site. What do you expect?

I might be wrong Majic but I got the impression that John was referring to how many people have fallen for what appears to be another ''wonderful life saving Intelligence operation'' . Not how they are believing the ''CT'' view.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by AGENT_T

I might be wrong Majic but I got the impression that John was referring to how many people have fallen for what appears to be another ''wonderful life saving Intelligence operation'' . Not how they are believing the ''CT'' view.

To clarify I was lamenting how many people truly believe that there was a 'terror threat' in progress. The 'plan to blow up airliners 3 at a time' was the biggest scam ever perpetrated on the public in, say, the last 3 weeks. I find it pathetic that people are willing to give up their lipstick, makeup, bottled water and yogurt on boarding to help thwart 'yet another' terrorist bombing'. All of this terrorist stuff is a scam, its a hoax, its a massive effort to have you give up your rights to just about everything. You would think that somewhere along the line here people would say, "Wait a minute. What's going on here?" But most of them haven't yet. In the next phoney 'terror threat' I predict the terrorists will use a 'fabric bomb' in which 'fabric' of any kind can be made into explosive material equivalent to C-4. Passengers wishing to board an airliner will be asked to disrobe completely, that is, take of all their clothers and put on a 'one size fits all' paper smock and paper booties for the trip. Their clothes, shoes, dresses, slacks, pantyhose, belts, bras, panties, underwear, shirts etc will be placed in a canvas bag and securely locked in the cargo compartment until the completion of the flight. At the completion of the flight your bag of clothes will be returned and a dressing room provided. If there are any missing bags of clothes the airline will provide, at a nominal fee of course, either a 'male' bag of clothes or a 'female' bag of clothes to get you home. On departing the dressing room you will be required to go through the normal security checks to get out of the airport. The same that are required to get in. Michael Chertoff will hail this plan as a 'giant step' toward safer air transportation. And while Michael will not guarantee no more hijackings, he will say "until we can come up with the ultimate security check this will have to do for now."

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While I'm not one of those doubting that the plot was real, I don't think either the US or UK .gov is above carefully stage-managing the announcement for maximum propaganda value.

I know for work-related reasons that the enhanced airport security measures went into effect well before the announcement, and I have no doubt that the major media outlets were tipped off in advance as well. They all seemed to have their top people on location in London in time for the story to break.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I just can't unserstand for the life of me why people allow things like this to happen, yet they are ok with the fact that the borders are WIDE open for anyone to waltz right across with WMD's. I like to travel with my expensive camera and telescope equipment in carry on so it won't get stolen or broken and now that idea is history. All the while that airport "security" is making the sheeple toss out their shampoo and hand lotion, thousands of undocumented people are flooding across our borders, but does anyone care about that or rush off to fix it? NOOOO. This whole thing is an abomination to good common sense. Doubtful I will ever be flying commerical again now. We have just entered the age of V: for Vendetta people. Take away all my freedoms, rights, and joy to make me safe. In the words of Frau Farbissina from Austin Powers: "Lies, ALL LIES!"

top topics

join