It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Defermation League upset with MSNBC's Keith Olbermann

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Anti Defermation League (ADL) recently sent a letter to MSNBC's Keith Olbermann because of his continued use of the Nazi "Sieg Heil" salute.

Dear Mr. Olbermann,

We are deeply dismayed by your ongoing use of the Nazi "Sieg Heil" salute, both on your program and in public appearances -- including the recent Television Critics Association press tour -- while holding up a mask of Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly.

www.adl.org...

This is very illustrative of the lack morals, decency, and knowledge of history Olbermann and and the management at MSNBC possess. The Nazi's are responsible for the brutal killing of tens of millions of innocent people. Whether you like him or not, to compare Bill O'Reilly to the Nazi's is simply deplorable! It appears that the liberal media has found a way to sink to a new low.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
God, the ADL. They are 10 times worse than the ACLU, NAACP, and other assoreted freak out on impulse groups.

You can't have any fun with anything anymore.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Skadi

I don't about that. The ACLU and the NAACP are pretty bad. So does your comment mean that you condone the use of Nazi symbolism?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Oblermann is a horrible reporter. Although he tries to make his show entertaining, it is probably the most biased "news" show on television, far more than anything on FOX.

[edit on 8/10/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by War_Monger
Skadi

I don't about that. The ACLU and the NAACP are pretty bad. So does your comment mean that you condone the use of Nazi symbolism?

Nope.

Olberman is making a commentary about his rival, O'Reilly. Its called free speech.

Nazi symbolism is offensive to jews, true. But then again, rebel flags are offensive to blacks, israeli symbols offensive to most Muslims, ect.

Olberman is not using Nazi symbolism and gestures to promote a nazi agenda. he is using it as a way to poke fun and ridicule a rival.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by War_Monger
Skadi

Nope.

Olberman is making a commentary about his rival, O'Reilly. Its called free speech.

Nazi symbolism is offensive to jews, true. But then again, rebel flags are offensive to blacks, israeli symbols offensive to most Muslims, ect.

Olberman is not using Nazi symbolism and gestures to promote a nazi agenda. he is using it as a way to poke fun and ridicule a rival.

Skadi

I agree with you to a point and I understand the free speech arguement, However, just because you can say something does not mean you should. People should have enough sense to know what is right and what is wrong. Furthermore, using Nazi overtones to "poke fun" at anyone is, as I said when I started this thread, simply deplorable. I'm not pushing political correctiveness. Anyone who knows me also knows that I reject PC every chance I get but there needs to be limits to what should be said...not by government but by decency and morality. If I would say what is on my mind concerning the events today in the UK and how to stop this from happening again I'd be called racist, bigot, hater, intolerrant, etc. I'd be attacked from every angle imaginable. Anyway, thanks for your comments.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Olbermann was over the day he left ESPN (where he actually was good at what he was doing)... If he really wanted to get a good jab on Bill O'Reilly maybe he should do something about his ratings... But alas, he's on MSNBC... Struggling just to be an also ran.

Nielsen Monkeys, not just for being that funny box on your TV anymore...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Im not a big lover of either. Bill O'Reilly makes me ill, and Olberman just bores the crap out of me.

Still, freedom of speech. I despise politically correct behavior and restriction, and everyday I am subjected to images and material I find offensive in some way.

Yet you'd never hear me complain to have any of it stopped. Its because I have the freedom not to watch such crap, and the power I hold with my remote control is amazing.

top topics

join