It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Great Nations of the World are Christian Nations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Because of the Infinitely Powerful concept of Conversion, non-Christian nations have Infinite Potential. God Bless the USA and all Nations of the World!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm inclined to disagree, but than I suppose it would depend on ones idea of "great".

China is one of the more powerful countries in the world, and is set to replace America as the dominant superpower. And they're not a christian nation.

Japan is the single most technologically advanced country on the planet, and one of the most powerful economic powers, and one of Americas closest allies. And it's not a christian nation.

In all reality, the only true christian nation, is Vatican city (which, yes is a nation nto itself).

America is'nt a christian nation, yes the largest religion in america is christianity, but were not a christian nation.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
America is a Christian Nation. We suffer on the Cross each day, and are Resurrected each day.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That's just an outrageous statement if I've ever heard one, Great Tech.

With all due respect, where the heck do you come up with these ideas?

I told you I wouldn't bother you any more, but when you post these things, I can not help but say something!!!

Because it blows me away! I am totally mystified by the way your mind works, which is rare thing for me!!!

At any rate, that doesn't really matter...

I love you and I know God loves you. I sense that your spirit is pure and gentle and means no harm to anyone. At least that doesn't mystify me!

The LORD bless and keep you, Great Tech!!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This thread title was so ludicrous that I knew Annie would come here and I just had to see what she had to say about this!

Priceless!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a "Christian" Nation. Name one. Oh, and don't tell me the Vatican as mentioned earlier.....How many Popes have been involved in murders and genocide over the last 2000 or so years?? And how many have covered up sexual abuses within the church?? The Vatican is political, not religious.....give me a break!

All the Vatican and Christianity have in common is that the Vatican gives Christianity a bad name...........

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

The USA is a great nation, but is not a christian nation. Infact, very few nations are real christian nations, maybe the vatican city and the UK could be considered as such.

A better measure is that all great nations are democratic.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Really?

Because the 5 top richest nations are not.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What is a 'great nation,' anyway?

Large?
Like the USSR used to be?
Or what?

We have no benchmarks for this topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love you, too, queenannie38. You are brilliant, and I believe you are one of the smartest people on ATS (I am always amazed at your thoroughness in quotations). I pray for you with love as I pray for all people.

What is a great nation? One that lives the longest. This can be measured by Life Expectancy statistics, as is frequently reported by the Department of Health and Human Services. After all, isn't faith, spirituality, and theology about living for Eternity? Jesus Christ came to the Earth to give us life, and life more abundantly. There is an extremely high correlation between nations that profess Christianity and Life Expectancy on Earth. From the Economist's Vital World Statistics (published in 1990, sorry about the time differential but I do not imagine the statisics have changed much), we can determine without statistical regression (simply from scanning) that there is a significant correlation between Life Expectancy and Christianity. The statistics on the OECD (Organization for Economic and Co-operation and Development) prove this.

Nygdan, is form of government, or belief system, in an individual more influential on his or her thoughts and action and what he or she brings to the World? I believe our belief system (thought system) creates the foundation for any form of government, or anything that has been created.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Er, I don't think there's a corrolation.

Japanese people live longer than any other country, and less than 10%
of the population is Christian.

People in nations that Christianity is the prevalient religion live longer,
because those nations tend to be technologically advanced.

So, people live longer because of technology, not Christianity.

However, it is an interesting thing to notive, people of Buddhist nations,
especailly in the past, lived longer than westerners/christian people.
The real reason for this is because they ate healthier, and were more
hygenic and clean.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I love you, too, queenannie38. You are brilliant, and I believe you are one of the smartest people on ATS (I am always amazed at your thoroughness in quotations). I pray for you with love as I pray for all people.

What is a great nation? One that lives the longest.

As strange as that may sound at first, its probably right. The US is older than most governments on the planet right now, for example. Short-lived nations tend to not stack up on any lists as 'great'.

There is an extremely high correlation between nations that profess Christianity and Life Expectancy on Earth.

I think that the correlation is stronger between life expectancy and medical access, that that of the majority religion.

that there is a significant correlation between Life Expectancy and Christianity.

Just because the long livers, lets call them, are christians, doesn't mean christianity correlates to longevity, and certainly doesn't mean it causes it. Do christians in the iran, for example, live longer than the average muslim or zoroasterian? Lebanon has a very large christian component, why does it not reap the benefit?
Tsarist russia wasn't the best place to live, and it was overthrown and replaced by an atheist government. Where was the christian protection then?
Armenia was the first country in the world to have christianity as the state religion, why isn't armenia better off than its neighbhors?

I believe our belief system (thought system) creates the foundation for any form of government, or anything that has been created.

And if it did, what does the fact that the founders were liberal deists tell us? Jefferson famously tore out the pages from his bible that talked about miracles. For their time, the founders were secularists, near atheists, so how is the US a christian nation? I agree, the majority religion is self professing christians, but that doesn't mean the US is a christian nation. Other nations without majority christians, that follow the western pattern of private property, open markets, equality before the law, protection of individual rights and liberty, they are succesful too. And majority christian countries that don't follow those ideals, they are not succesful. Seems christianity has nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As far as longevity of a nation (not its citizens)....

wouldn't China be the oldest of all?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
As far as longevity of a nation (not its citizens)....

wouldn't China be the oldest of all?

Borders do not make governments, and China's government is fairly new. They're only about 57 years old. The US's form of government has been around a lot longer than that.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Its the fact that America is NOT a Christian nation is what makes us great.

If we were a Christian nation ruled by Christian ideals, then athiests, muslims, homosexuals, women, and other non Christian groups would be second class citizens with few, if any civil rights. All children in public schools would be forced to read bibles and attend church lessons.

Witches would be burned at the stake. Nothing would be open on Sunday. ect.

Thank the god/ess we are simply secular....for however long that lasts.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

America is a Christian Nation. We suffer on the Cross each day, and are Resurrected each day.

So why are you writing posts every day, should you not be on the Cross suffering and resurrect three days from now?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Osbert, I would suffer death on the Cross, if it meant that each person would experience the Infinitely Great God's Infinite Heaven.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
They're only about 57 years old. The US's form of government has been around a lot longer than that.

Also, people tend to think that china has been one big monolithic nation since its inception, but thats not really accurate. It'd be like saying that the roman republic is still around, because the dutch vote for their representatives, or something like that. The original chinese empire was destroyed, invaded, taken over, subjagated, by outsiders; koreans, mongols, etc. True enough, the general customs are the same, more or less, but the communists and nationalists weren't the ones that destroyed the old chinese empire.

The US really is one of hte oldest governments around. Since the US has been around, europe has undergone many revolutions, the french are on, what, the 6th republic? Italy didn't even exist as a single state when the US was around, nor did Germany, both have since had several revolutions and changes of government, even before WWI and WWII. The only competition is the UK, and even that has changed radically, lost the empire, lost ireland, lost the reality of the house of lords, even the King isn't so kingly these days.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
When the majority of a country believes in creationism rather than evolution, it is a christian nation. Sometimes I hate being an american.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
America may be a " Nation of primarily Xians" . It is not and never has been
a Xian nation. It was founded by people who had just been Through 200 years
of persecutions of one xian belief by another.

The " Founding Fathers if anything were deists. The first Europeans on these
shores were Pagan and Celtic christians far removed from the predominant RCC.

The First peoples of this Country were not xian and had no need to be saved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join