It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you sacrifice for just one moment with truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
A curious, but rhetorical question. A Question that is meant only for you to answer honestly for yourself.

What would you be willing to sacrifice for just one moment with the truth?

Have you ever said this to yourself?:
"I would gladly forfeit my very existance for just one moment with the truth."

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
A curious, but rhetorical question. A Question that is meant only for you to answer honestly for yourself.

Not only that--I said it out loud. To God, it would seem.

I'll leave the rest up to your imagination!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Not only that--I said it out loud. To God, it would seem.

I'll leave the rest up to your imagination!

I love you Queenannie. And almost always agree with you. But, i know you had to say it to yourself first ... But then again, GOD is always listening.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
i sold my soul to satan for a moment with the truth.

turns out the jews are right.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yes, I have. I have the scars to prove it as well, but the truth will not come by our desires. If there is one thing I can say about the truth is; it is independent of the worlds timeline and desires.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I love you Queenannie.

And I, you!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'd give up my gucci shades up on my braids when I Escalade when I'm riding Sprewells sliding like a escapade...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
We don't have to sacrifice anything, God has already done that for us.

Accept the fact that Jesus Christ died for your sins, place your faith in Him and you will experience the truth now and for all of eternity.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
blah blah blah blah

It's a good thing you're not looking for a date in a bar with your methods, dbrandt....

Because your pick-up line is getting VERY stale.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'd happily sacrifice all lies and deception for a moment of truth.

If this seems like a redundant or pointless answer, think about it. Truth comes from within. By not living a life of lies or deception of self or others, truth is all that is left.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Your stagnant pick-up line distracted me from pointing out that your first sentence, above, is in direct contradiction to scripture!!!

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:1

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
Hebrews 13:15-16

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:5

What do you give up?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Accept the fact that Jesus Christ died for your sins, place your faith in Him and you will experience the truth now and for all of eternity.

I agree with a lot of the wisdom you've presented in many of your posts. Having said that, i don't entirely believe these statements above are true for all. Our actions and behaviors are measurable effects of our intentionality. And if our intentionality parrallels the purity of such spiritual icons as The Christ, then perhaps truth is with us. However this is in my view that if the pre-accepted percieved truths that are the pre-cursers to how we measure our experiences with effect how we percieve, then the truth elludes us. I also believe that if our primary program is that of "Self Preservation" which means Self Before Serving, then truth eludes us. Becasue at the very least, we must deny this lie of Self Preservation which is the accepted truth we are concieved and born with (instincts). And in order to come closer to having the capacity to percieve the truth it is this instinct we must choose to sacrifice.

I refuse to imply outright that i believe you are totally wrong. But, for me it is simply not true at this time. Sacrifice is sometimes sacrifice of beliefs, and the sacrifice that inspires and serves as a catalyst for defragging one's first computer, an individual's brain.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I would willingly sacrafice anything requested of me for one moment with truth... with the notable acception of my soul.... while i enjoy searching out the truth and the ever challenging game of sorting out the truth from deception... a moment of pure truth would be trully priceless...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Strip away all pretense and packaging, all fear and facade...for one moment of enlightment with the Truth...
We could not survive such an ordeal. We could never return to this existance knowing what lies beyond this physical plane in its true nature. Maybe thats why we need to die to achieve a next level...going back might make us insane.
what a great question.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

Strip away all pretense and packaging, all fear and facade...for one moment of enlightment with the Truth...
We could not survive such an ordeal. We could never return to this existance knowing what lies beyond this physical plane in its true nature. Maybe thats why we need to die to achieve a next level...going back might make us insane.

Nice post. I really agree with the first sentence. pretense, packaging and fear, fear especially. However we could survive such an ordeal, but you are right. Anyone who achieves it would most certainly not be the same, and perhaps considered insane by most measure of the word.

Insane.

I have a theory of the word that expands upon the Websters i am viewing.

Insane means within one's own mind.

In order for one to judge another as insane (in thier own mind), wouldn't one's perspective that is judging have to be inside their mind to witness that they are also within their mind making them insane? And if the one judging the other as being within their own mind as viewed from within their mind, wouldn't the one judging them as insane have to be Out of their Mind!??

Just a footnote.

Good post, and thanks for the contribution!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Out of their Mind!??

Slightly off post, I once did a search for the frase:

Out of sight - Out of mind
Reply:
Invisible maniac

Sorry, to go back to the very self congratulatory thread,

What truth?
Whose truth?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What if you didn't like the truths that you were told? What if everything you believe in is all lies? How would you feel knowing the truth then?

G

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
blah blah blah blah

It's a good thing you're not looking for a date in a bar with your methods, dbrandt....

Because your pick-up line is getting VERY stale.

give em hell queen...lol pun intended. Queen you have got to be one of the most level headed Christians I have ever had the pleasure of talking/posting with even in the few posts we have engaged in you are open of mind and spirit.. for that I thank you.

back to topic: I would sacrifice my soul for just one moment of truth; the whole truth and nothing but the truth... to spirituality, 911, JFK and aliens.... I just want to KNOW and not believe anymore...lol sorry thats just the impatient part of me talking.

One "truth" that I am coming to find on my own however is no matter what religion one follows if it is done with love and light and peace etc... than all religions are but different roads to the same place. hopefully that is a truth anyway.

just to add...my soul I would sacrifice to my god only..oh wait I already did... wheres my truth..lol.... nevermind it was behind the sofa.
thanks for your time.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
give em hell queen...lol pun intended. Queen you have got to be one of the most level headed Christians I have ever had the pleasure of talking/posting with even in the few posts we have engaged in you are open of mind and spirit.. for that I thank you.

And I thank you for the encouragement!

One "truth" that I am coming to find on my own however is no matter what religion one follows if it is done with love and light and peace etc... than all religions are but different roads to the same place. hopefully that is a truth anyway.

You know, truly ~ I am finding, with every passing moment in this life, that those principles are the ONLY truths that are truly universal and equally applicable in all situations. Too bad it's not universal 'knowledge.' If it were, the world would be universally wise (as God is the wise King of the Universe and Creator of all man of all religions and atheists, too) instead of worldly wise (as mortal man is materially focused).

just to add...my soul I would sacrifice to my god only..oh wait I already did... wheres my truth..lol.... nevermind it was behind the sofa.
thanks for your time.

Maybe I'd better clean my room ~ I might find my truth hidden behind something, too!

[edit on 8/7/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'd sacrifice my watch for just a moment with truth.

You know, truth is considered anything thats true. So...you might give your soul away only to find out water is wet.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Akraites]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join