It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you sacrifice for just one moment with truth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

original quote by: queenannie38
Too bad it's not universal 'knowledge.' If it were, the world would be universally wise (as God is the wise King of the Universe and Creator of all man of all religions and atheists, too) instead of worldly wise (as mortal man is materially focused).

Yup if it were general knowledge and understanding there would be next to no war. Especially over religious differences. Which to this day still baffles my mind.
Such a focus on the things we cant take with us when we go.... materialism makes no sense to me.

original quote by: Queenannie38

Maybe I'd better clean my room ~ I might find my truth hidden behind something, too!

lmao...I am glad you got a good laugh today

have a great day Queeny!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I always live with it that its something good that not all the truth/secrets is revealed to mortals, would there be anything to strive for if it were the case? Or could it be the perfect universe?

Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth
I always live with it that its something good that not all the truth/secrets is revealed to mortals, would there be anything to strive for if it were the case? Or could it be the perfect universe?

Your thoughts?

I agree with your statement!

I also think that the absolute full-fledged truth would instantly drive the current abilities of the human mind into oblivion.

IOW, it would surely drive a person mad if not given as a baby is weaned from the breast and gradually worked up to a diet of prime rib, blackened and rare!!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
IOW, it would surely drive a person mad if not given as a baby is weaned from the breast and gradually worked up to a diet of prime rib, blackened and rare!!

MMMM....Blackened steak!

You know though that the world will see the truth soon, and then there will be nothing hidden that won't be shown. It will come as a shock, but given an eternity to think about it, I am sure that everyone will agree that the truth is pretty good. Nothing will be lost except our miseries and worries, and all that is good and pure will be abundant.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Your thoughts?

I agree with your statement!

I also think that the absolute full-fledged truth would instantly drive the current abilities of the human mind into oblivion.

Oblivion may be a strong word. Humility without fear maybe a more accurate statement.

Not discounting the possibility. Even if we measure ourselves as we are now, we can see that there is so much to know, not everyone is a master of every field of discipline. I'm pretty sure the majority of the inhabitants of this planet could not build phones or televisions, or even explain how they work, accurately.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Then there's also that if a particular person underwent some time with the absolute truth and remained sane, the person would obviously know everything far beyond the average mind, following there are two options. That "enlightened" person could either be called a insane maniac because everyone could not accept his view, remaining dogmatic and narrow in their ways. Or this person could be widely accepted, even when that is a slim chance, and bring upon a new religion.

Personally, i think one person to experience absolute truth is certainly not enough, why? His/her experiences would be buried, forgotten by everyone, take an entire race to undergo this thing, and then you have guarenteed progress at hand. Nobody could deny what they saw and heard.

I'd rather go together than alone.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'd rather go together than alone.

That's really beautiful, that thought. I mean TRULY.

The 'buddy' system is the best way to go, I agree!

And I think God is the originator of that plan, although maybe in His lingo it is called the 'help-meet system!'

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I'd give up my gucci shades up on my braids when I Escalade when I'm riding Sprewells sliding like a escapade...

............I got it made, the big boss of da North, ain't sh* change I still represent Swishahouse, ha!

Yeah, I like the song STILL TIPPIN. Its pretty cool.

Now, back on topic, I never did, nor ever will sacrifice anything for the truth. I really don't give a f* about it most of the time. I sometimes wonder about the truth, but I never thought about sacrificing ANYTHING for it. I got a life to live and I'm gonna live it. I will question things, but I ain't doin nothin for the answers.

Peace out, brothaz

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier

I'd give up my gucci shades up on my braids when I Escalade when I'm riding Sprewells sliding like a escapade...

............I got it made, the big boss of da North, ain't sh* change I still represent Swishahouse, ha!

Now, back on topic, I never did, nor ever will sacrifice anything for the truth. I really don't give a f* about it most of the time. I sometimes wonder about the truth, but I never thought about sacrificing ANYTHING for it. I got a life to live and I'm gonna live it. I will question things, but I ain't doin nothin for the answers.

Peace out, brothaz

Soldier, you make me chuckle from time to time. I think you would be a lost puppy if there weren't clubs, fists, steel, and assorted chemistry to create loud booming things, but that is okay. Me thinks you don't really read all about the glamour of warfare to know any better yet.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Peace out, brothaz

Soldier, you make me chuckle from time to time. I think you would be a lost puppy if there weren't clubs, fists, steel, and assorted chemistry to create loud booming things, but that is okay. Me thinks you don't really read all about the glamour of warfare to know any better yet.

lol, I read a bit about the "glamour" of warfare, but mostly specialize in weapons.

What did I say that made you chuckle by the way? I know I say funny stuff on other threads, but I'm not sure if I said anything hilarious on this thread

Oh yeah, btw, I probably would be a lost puppy without my fists-I get into fights WAY too much
....................but then again, I could use my legs. My kicks are pretty good.................but then again, it isn't fun without fists.

Oh, and I may have said I liked WEAPONS, but there is NO WAY that I have ever said or EVER WILL say that I like WAR!
I hate war. And yes, I know that weapons were created for war, but most of them are in civillian hands anyway

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

lol, I read a bit about the "glamour" of warfare, but mostly specialize in weapons.

What did I say that made you chuckle by the way? I know I say funny stuff on other threads, but I'm not sure if I said anything hilarious on this thread

Oh yeah, btw, I probably would be a lost puppy without my fists-I get into fights WAY too much
....................but then again, I could use my legs. My kicks are pretty good.................but then again, it isn't fun without fists.

Oh, and I may have said I liked WEAPONS, but there is NO WAY that I have ever said or EVER WILL say that I like WAR!
I hate war. And yes, I know that weapons were created for war, but most of them are in civillian hands anyway

My chuckles are probably more correctly stated not by what you say, but your character. I am not really sure, but I have seen many of your posts, and you sometimes make light of whatever is being said, which makes me laugh on the inside.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

My chuckles are probably more correctly stated not by what you say, but your character. I am not really sure, but I have seen many of your posts, and you sometimes make light of whatever is being said, which makes me laugh on the inside.

Cool! Call me the master of light from now on. Yeah, I also like to use humor alot, too, cuz it makes me feel better myself. You know? When life is hard and crappy, its nice to go to BTS and have a good laugh

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
God's command rules all!!! If we want to sacrifice anything at all it is a command!!! If we were predestined for a greater level of truth, it was predestined!!! We can never know the Beyond Infinite Truth, we will fail!!! God's destiny rules all!!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
God's command rules all!!! If we want to sacrifice anything at all it is a command!!!

No, there are free will offerings and peace offerings, too...that which we can give God because we want to. If we vow something, however, we are then held to honor it, if not, we are in a bad spot. And if we never take a vow or give God a promise, we're no worse off than anyone else.

Remember:

Romans 12:1~
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, your reasonable service.

If we were predestined for a greater level of truth, it was predestined!!!

True enough ~ but that sort of predestination would be for the purpose of -

We can never know the Beyond Infinite Truth, we will fail!!! God's destiny rules all!!

Not if God shows it to us! And who's to say He won't? We surely cannot fail in that situation.

But, truly, what would be 'God's destiny?' How can He be destined for something when He is the Boss over all...the King of the Universe?

Or is that what you mean, actually?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join