It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheating on your S/O - how do you feel about it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, honestly I think were meant to be polygamous,
so I don't have a big problem with it, I mean if your not
getting any, and it's a been awhie, and your partners not
willing to do it, than what choice do you really have?

People are'nt meant to be together long amounts of time,
life is about change, and to be with someone that long,
well it's not change.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I tell you my daughter did a project on herpes I was completely taken from what she found out.

1 out of 5 persons in American has one type of herpes and don't even know it unless is the most virulent type.

Next time you kiss a stranger better check the inside of their mouth.

And never let anybody kiss your new born baby.
no even family.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Now, every time I think of you............
so you DO think of me...awwwww...dont worry sweetie, i'd never hurt you.....

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just thinking ....

If the plural of "mouse" is "mice".

Doesn't that mean that the plural of "spouse" must be "spice"?

[edit on 8/4/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Just thinking ....

If the plural of "mouse" is "mice".

Doesn't that mean that the plural of "spouse" must be "spice"?

[edit on 8/4/2006 by centurion1211]
That's cute
You can have spice without changing partners, though. Get a book on "how to"...... people think the grass is greener on the other side...Its not...its an illusion most of the time. I'd rather have a "known evil"

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Cheating on your s/o??

I would never cheat on Skeptic Overlord

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Agent-T,

Love your avatar. What a man!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If the marriage is one where there exists an agreement not to have sex with other people, then I think cheating is unacceptable. I think any agreement, commitment, vow should be kept. Ideally.

Once a person is in the position of having been cheated on, there are so many factors involved. Are there children? Are there other lies? Have they grown apart? Was this a one night thing or is another relationship developing? Does an affair shed light on a problem that can be fixed? In my first marriage, my husband cheated on me and I forgave him. It's possible and depends on the couple.

I have NEVER cheated on a man, either husband or boyfriend. I think it's just stupid. If a person feels the need to cheat, there's something wrong with their relationship (providing it's understood to be monogamous) and they should address the problem, not try to put a bandaid on it with extramarital sex.

Not to mention the danger of 'sleeping around' these days, as has been mentioned.

Good topic.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
English Common Law provided 7 grounds for divorce.

1. Adultery
2. Desertion
3. Cruelty
a. physical
b. mental
4. Prior existing marriage
5. Felony conviction
6. Insanity
7. Impotency

California led the way in expanding the application of the mental cruelly theory, which was a 20th century development, granting a divorce in one case because the wife was “burning the toast.” Frequently there were staged bedroom scenes at a cheap motel where the photographer pops in to take pictures in order to support the divorce in jurisdictions where the judge was disinclined to grant a divorce.

By the 1970s, the No Fault movement had pretty much taken over. It is no longer required to invent or falsify grounds for a divorce or hang your dirty linen out for the world to see; either party to the marriage can end it by declaring the marriage to be irretrievably broken.

Infidelity remains an issue however, in the setting of the amount and duration of maintenance (formerly alimony). Before no-fault, the husband (usually) was saddled with alimony for the wife’s lifetime or until she attained 65. Nowadays, maintenance is usually limited to enough time for the spouse to acquire a new trade or profession, 5 or 10 years. Sometimes the payment is on a declining basis to force the recipient to become self-supporting.

Where children are involved, the maintenance award would continue until the youngest child reached adulthood, usually 18 years, in addition to child support.

[edit on 8/4/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
THE PERFECT MAN

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
THE PERFECT WOMAN

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Grady, we both expect way too much, huh?

Good pic!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
THis is an interesting topic...
I don't like cheaters, and i guess my little girl didn't like her either because she lives with me now. What goes around comes around and then you find yourself alone and no body wants you anymore lol...
I mostly lurk on here but every once in awhile i have to put my two cents in...
hello all

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You have voted GradyPhilpott for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I am still ROFL.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

You have voted GradyPhilpott for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I am still ROFL.
I have to give it to Grady,....
....HE TRUMPED MY HUNKY MAN!!!!!

BTW, Grady, its good to have you actively here again.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Go on now, go! walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Did you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
Oh as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive (hey-hey)

There are many kinds of cheating, other than mere sexual infidelity.

Cheating is where you take advantage of someone right? So leaving my dirty underwear on the floor, and expecting her to pick it all up is a kind of cheating, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
BTW, Grady, its good to have you actively here again.

Thanks. I appreciate that, but I really never actually went anywhere.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Dr. Strange - True, there are many kinds of cheating, but I think it's clear from context that the OP meant sexual infidelity.

That brings up another question, though. What is cheating? Do people consider flirting cheating? Kissing another girl? What defines 'cheating'?

Does the definition of "is" come into this at all?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You're right, BH.

My spouse considers extended flirting as coming close to cheating. She and I tell each other about such episodes, because the real problem is deceit, not simply attraction.

After all our time together, I'll say that when I see a beautiful body, or have someone give me "one of those looks," I may savor the moment, but I go on to think about how miserable I was in other relationship, and about the meaningless sex I'd had, with people I didn't trust or care about.

Not to get inappropriate here, but there have been times this summer when my wife and I actually had our lovemaking disrupted by fits of giggles and laughter from one of us goofing while we're being intimate. Which makes it even more intense when you get back to business. Something you don't experience with a stranger. We also discovered a new configuration in the past month, and our decade anniversary is coming up . . .

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Dating does not need to be exclusive. However, while dating, if you tell someone they're your one-and-only but date others, that's cheating.

Once you make a commitment (engagement or marriage), that person is your one-and-only. (Unless both are into swinging) cheating is a sign of something wrong.

Take the person back? Probably not, or only if what was wrong could be fixed.

California had the wisdom that, instead of having to prove why a divorce should be granted, the fact that one party is aggrieved and wants out of the contract means irreconcilable differences. If the parties could reconcile, there'ld be no divorce.

What is cheating? Hmmmm, trying to develop a relationship with another person, might (usually?) involve sex.

You know, when the phrase "till death do us part" was put into marriage vows, people might only live 6 more weeks, 6 more months, 6 more years. Many women in a bad marriage prayed for death. With improved public health and antibiotics, many who would have died, no longer did so.
When young people enter into a marriage, they don't really have a temporal sense extending to 60! years.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join