It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel maims opponents with Cargo ammo!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Are you aware that Israel is using Cargo Ammunition in Lebanon?

According to the doctrine favouring the use of cargo ammunition, it is better to maim a person for this will tie up at least four others to evacuate him and provide him treatment.

Israel is said to be using a similar type of ammunition in its invasion of Lebanon. These explosives have high chemical content leading to severe burn injuries and amputations of limbs.

Human rights activists are up in arms against its use.

But I would say - use all you can against the Hezbollah, but for Christ's sake not against innocent civilians in Lebanon.

And now India is buying this ammo from Israel. They want to probably burn the Pakistanis to cinders.

www.southasianmedia.net...

[edit on 3-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
War Crimes?
Israel is using Cargo Ammunition in its invasion of Lebanon. These explosives have high chemical content leading to severe burn injuries and amputations of limbs. Human rights activists are up in arms against its use.

US and Israel to be indicted for crimes against Humanity?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here's a story that ran in "The Hindu", quoted as the "Online edition of India's National Newspaper"

NEW DELHI: The public sector Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is preparing to enter into a joint venture to manufacture `cargo ammunition' in collaboration with an Israeli company.

The Defence Ministry sees substantial export potential for this type of ammunition, which maims but does not kill. Human rights organisation, however, are against the philosophy behind cargo ammunition leading to some leading manufacturers stopping its production.

As a result, this is one conventional arms segment where there is a possibility of OFB breaking into the export market. So far, its annual exports have been in the range of Rs. 100 crore, most of them to countries like Nepal.
www.hindu.com...

There's nothing like spreading the love around.
It looks like this is going to be on the battlefield for a long time. :shk:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'd like to see the link you're using to get your information that Israel's using cargo ammo in its invasion of Lebanon. You're making quite the leap if everything is based jusst off of that article. After all, the US has nukes, but that doesn't mean we were using them in Iraq.

Besides, you're assuming Israel's assuming that an enemy that likes to hide among children is going to give a damn about one of their fellow soldiers getting maimed (beyond, of course, the PR opportunity).

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Besides, you're assuming Israel's assuming that an enemy that likes to hide among children is going to give a damn about one of their fellow soldiers getting maimed (beyond, of course, the PR opportunity).

I was with you until that last part. Humane actions don't depend on whether the "other side" is acting humane to their own people. If it's inhumane and unpermissible, it's just that whether they have a warped sense of humanity or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Val, that wasn't my point. Mikesingh said the goal of the weapon was to maim someone so 4 others would be taken out of the battle trying to help that one soldier. My contention was that if the enemy doesn't care about their soldiers, why would you rely on a weapons whose effectiveness stems from that enemy's caring about their soldiers?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So now everyone is complaining that they are not killing people? That doesn't make sense. I would rather be maimed than dead. This can also be a type of psychological warfare, since belivers in this form of Islam WANT to DIE for God.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
But could someone please point out what "cargo ammo" is?

Please show me on this site:

www.globalsecurity.org...

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"severe burn injuries and amputations of limbs"

"Human rights activists are up in arms"

Did you really say that? LOL This thread started out great!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OSoLoJo
This can also be a type of psychological warfare, since belivers in this form of Islam WANT to DIE for God.

If they want to die all that bad, all they have to do is lob a few missiles into Tel Aviv. Then they may not have a choice...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Cargo ammo is another way to refer to munitions like white phosphorus shells.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yeah but "amputations of limbs" and "up in arms" isnt that funny? You gotta give the thread starter a prop! I almost took this all seriously LOL.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yeah but "amputations of limbs" and "up in arms" isnt that funny? You gotta give the thread starter a prop! I almost took this all seriously LOL.

It isn't at all on the second.

On topic posts only please.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
But could someone please point out what "cargo ammo" is?

Please show me on this site:

www.globalsecurity.org...

Thanks.

OK. Check out WP (White Phosphorus) Incendiary in the link.

Probably the Israelis have modified the heat coefficient of this WP ammo to enhance the effect of burn injuries. Unfortunately, the exact details of the chemical composition of Cargo ammo has not been made public as yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Funny how people whined about Hizbollah guys having a couple of advanced normal weapons to take out a cruddy israeli warship that was illegally blockading the port of Lebanon. It wasn't anything outrageous or abnormal in its scope of usage and it did what it was intended to do, to defend Lebanon, and here are weapons not normally used and people seem to think its OK especially since we already know that Israel is intentionally targetting civilians.

What is the difference between purposefully maiming , disfiguring people and Killing someone and then dismembering their bodies afterwards?

Answer: Nothing. They are both messed up.

If anyone needs to be on the Terrorist watchlist Israel does. Right up there next to the big boys in the top 10 under Osama Bin Ladens name.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
OK. Check out WP (White Phosphorus) Incendiary in the link.

Probably the Israelis have modified the heat coefficient of this WP ammo to enhance the effect of burn injuries. Unfortunately, the exact details of the chemical composition of Cargo ammo has not been made public as yet.

The 120mm mortar page previously posted made no mention of "cargo ammo," and you seem unable to provide some documentation. WP is WP... I'm not seeing a cross reference... Are you sure you know what "cargo ammo" is?

[edit on 4/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Probably? Why probably? Can you give any valid reason for this assumption?

MM, globalsecurity doesn't define cargo ammo (at least that I could) but other sites do:

usmilitary.about.com...
www.thefreedictionary.com...

While global security may not use the term, it is used, and the article wasn't a military article.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I was with you until that last part. Humane actions don't depend on whether the "other side" is acting humane to their own people. If it's inhumane and unpermissible, it's just that whether they have a warped sense of humanity or not.

In the case of normal people your argument is logical...however hezbollah is a group who doesnt give a damn about civilians. sorry thats just the truth of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think we are talking about FAEs (Fuel Air Explosives) here, not WP...
FAEs distripute aerosol explosives around and then detonate it with a second fuse...
Israel is using FAEs to clear bunkers and minefields..

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Probably? Why probably? Can you give any valid reason for this assumption?

Why did I say that? Because we know what effects standard WP produce. However, the effects of the Cargo ammo the Israelis are using is not 'standard'. And therefore I have said that this particular type may have been modified for enhanced chemical and thermal effects. But I do not know for sure and therefore I mentioned the word 'probably'

"We are seeing abnormal burns, different from wars we've seen in the past. The corpses of these victims are shrinking to half their normal size. You think it is the corpse of a child at first but it turns out to be a grown man," said Raed Salman Zeinedine, director of Tyre Government Hospital.

"We've never seen anything like it but what the causes are I don't want to speculate. We have no scientific answer."

Number of rockets per platform: 13. Total weight, loaded: 2,050 kg Length: 4 m Width: 980 mm Height: 685 mm Contractor Israel Military Industries Ltd (IMI). Warheads include these: a cargo warhead, containing anti-tank mines or other submunitions; and incendiary warhead.

Page 653. Jane's Ammunition Handbook 2005-2006 ..."

www.smh.com.au...

[edit on 4-8-2006 by mikesingh]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join