It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello - I'm new and I a story to tell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hello,

I don't know how to quite start because this is kinda making me feel uneasy just thinking about. When I was a young boy (8-12 years old) I didn't think much of it because I had no clue what to make of it. However now that I'm a lot older (21 years old) I've been recently thinking of my past and how time just likes to pass by quicker than I used to think it did as a kid. By thinking of my past a few things sparked my memory... which is why I am making this post. I'll begin to tell you what it was.

When I was a young boy me and my two other brothers shared a room. We had a bunk-bed up against one side of the wall and a single bed directly across from the bunk-bed on the other side of the wall. The room wasn't a very big one I'd say there was approx. 8 - 10 feet from eachother. I would sleep on the top bunk and my older brother by 2 years slept on the bottom bunk while my youngest brother by 2 years also slept in the single bed across the room.

This is what happened:

I would wake up in the middle of the night and see either 2 or 3 figures standing in the center of the room between both beds. Because it was dark my eyes couldn't make out the descriptive look on the figures. However they were in the form of a human-look. Head, 2 arms, 2 legs, but dark looking and blurred out. This didn't seem like the sort of thing that your mind plays tricks on you. Because I'd have an indescribable feeling. I couldn't really move, I could not speak or call out to my parents, which slept in a room right across from our room, for help. I felt powerless.

The odd thing is that this occurance happened to me many times. That's why I stated I would either see 2 or 3 figures because it would vary from time to time. I don't remember it happening every night but about maybe 2 times a week.

Most of the time the figures standing in the room wouldn't move around much, but once in a while they'd move but very slightly and slowly like a arm or leg to move over just a bit. From what I remember and what it seemed back then was that they were observing my younger brother across the room and one would always be watching me or a second would gleam over. They never got too close to me but my brothers and family were sound asleep. Sometimes I would see a strange figure standing in the doorway.... just it and it alone was there gazing at me. During these events I would be able to move but very slowly and slightly. I remember I would even at times pull the overs over my head and pray to god whatever they were to go away. I used to think they were demons or evil spirits bothering me. That is what I thought until just recently. Even though I'd pull the covers over my head i'd fall asleep shortly after within 5 maybe 10 minutes.

I don't see these events anymore. It ended when I turned about 13 years old I think. But even now I end up staying up late past 4:00am in the morning and I don't like to listen to music at night or watch TV very loud and I'm always searching/scanning my appartment rooms whenever i'm doing something as if i'm keeping on the lookout for something...

I never have ever really mentioned this to my parents or brothers or even other family members and I'm thinking of telling them soon but I feel just weird if I do.

One time I remember I actually woke up in the morning to find my underwear completely off my body. And that's strange because I never have in my life removed my clothing from my body while i was sleeping. Even when it was a hot night.

Oh and by the way I have woken up with strange markings on my body before.

I do have a few more stories to tell but i'll do that some other time i've already typed enough and now I feel freakin disturbed. In fact I started to feel really disturbed when I got about half-way typing this post but I wanted to finish it.

It was long so I'm very sorry for you having to read all of it. I'll check back again later sometime to see what others had to say about my post

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You may have been suffering from sleep paralysis. There are many threads on this subject and as it associates with dreams, night terrors, etc..

Just do a search on the subject and I'm sure you will find many similar stories.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When you speak of markings, what kind? Bruises, cuts, brands, etc..?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
sounds to me like an abduction/visitation

these markings , do you recall where
they were and how many etc ?

[ I'd get a composition book , and close
your eyes, relax and think back to that
time , and then jot down every teenie
tiny detail you can because with time,
memory fades , and this way , you'll
have a written record ]

Then ,I'd ask around 1st ,and find a qualified
person familiar with these type of things
for an examination to see if you have implants !
Or use a trusted friend to examine you for
any clues left behind and have a digital camera
with closeup capability to take pix .

however if you are that freaked out , you may not
want to deal with knowing you have some
unknown object under your skin

that's about all I can think of for now.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Although i have been reading posts on here for a few weeks now, i finally decided to register. Because i too have had similar experiences to you but i believe they are not to do with aliens because once, i woke up ( or i thought i did) and i couldnt move, it was like i was strapped to my bed and i could see beings crowded around me but i could not move nor shout. Then i got up and walked across the landing and wen halfway downstairs and looked back to see my body still on the bed with the things crowded around it. This was probably a dream but still weird

apart from that one experience everyone one has has been pretty much the same as yours.

oh i forgot to add.

i have also had marking on me, kind of like a sphere or cirle with spikes on it, kind of like a star, it was on my arm and red but the next morning i woke up and it was also on my leg. the mark was pink/red on the skin and i knew that even if i had put pressure from the mark on my arm (which was where most people generally have their tatoo) to my leg, it couldnt have possibly made the same mark on my leg because they both were like bruise's and were a bit swolen. Also the top of middle to top of my arm could not have possibly reached my mark on the inner side of my left leg from my right arm while i was sleeping unless i done it consciously and i would still have a hard time doing it

looking over what ive just said. its wrong i said it wasnt aliens but then i say i couldnt have put that mark on me so i was suggesting aliens did.
i retract that statement and go back to not having a clue what it was

[edit on 3-8-2006 by reaper x]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yeah, night terrors. And the marks that you got were probably either caused by you thrashing around in your sleep or they were caused during the day and you didn't notice them until the next day. Kids get banged up and bruised all the time.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
You may have been suffering from sleep paralysis. There are many threads on this subject and as it associates with dreams, night terrors, etc..

Just do a search on the subject and I'm sure you will find many similar stories.

what part of his post mentions paralysis??

I think he was involved in abduction activity and the figures represent screened memories by Greys or he was abducted by those aliens that are short humanoid looking. Various names and descriptions are used to describe them.

I suggest he or she do a search on the web at start looking at pictures/drawings of aliens to find a match and I would like to see what he/she posts in the thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I once had something similar happening to me two night in a row, I woke up and was automatically scared as hell.
And I tryed to scream and kick in the walls to make sounds, but I couldn't scream loud enough and I was moving like I was in slow motion.
And the the first night I only felt like someone was touching me, and then it all went over.
But the next night I could hear this sound coming toward me, it was just insanly frightening, and then I felt the thing making the sound fly right trough my sheet and hit me in my stomach.

I just wonder if you was also scared like this when you woke up to experience these things?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would be interested in hearing what you have experienced or feel.

also reaperx, you just described an out of body.

Boy oh boy I was wondering how long it would be before some skeptic would jump in and say S-P. You haven't even listened Mr. Skeptic to what has happened in there life, shame, shame shame

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I would be interested in hearing what you have experienced or feel.

also reaperx, you just described an out of body.

Boy oh boy I was wondering how long it would be before some skeptic would jump in and say S-P. You haven't even listened Mr. Skeptic to what has happened in there life, shame, shame shame

could you explain what an out of body is. I dont exactly know much about this kinda stuff im just expressing my opinion

nvm i looked it up

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShalaMedic
I couldn't really move, I could not speak or call out to my parents, which slept in a room right across from our room, for help. I felt powerless.

I suffered from night terrors as a child. You have described the experience exactly. You will find it is not all that rare. Your perception of it will depend on the environment you grew up in. With me I thought it was demons because I grew up in a religious household. Others relate it to aliens because the thought is in their head due to something in their environment or they conclude it as adults after reading abduction stories. Many also think they have had an encounter with angels.

I will most certainly get attacked for this even though I have posted more than once that I do believe in UFO’s. People get scared when things like this happen to them and they can not explain it to themselves. We are all a little scared of the unknown. Childhood memories are also subject to change and when we convince ourselves of an explanation for something we went through as a child our memories change. We are actually unaware of the change and believe our memories are accurate. If you were to ask some childhood friends to write down the details of a shared experience you would find as many different stories as there were people involved. Everyone would also argue that their version was in fact the correct one and disregard everyone else’s version as false.

I believe this game our minds play is in fact a protective device. It allows us to get on with our lives instead of dwelling on something that overwhelms us. It would seem to be related to traumatic amnesia except our minds change the circumstance rather than block it out entirely.

Before I confided in my parents and found out what was actually happening to me I spent many nights in terror. Hence the name, “Night Terrors”. Once I knew what was going on the fear was gone and these events stopped happening to me. It would seem that night terrors are self perpetuating and once the chain is broken they go away. If they had been actual visitations they would not have stopped.

There I go using logic again. So shoot me.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
blaine I like that logic but there is one flaw.

Maybe there are three different occurance that people have. SP, Night Terrors and Abductions/experiences. I would think at some point in each person life they will know which is there occurance.

One thing that is disappointing to me is the skeptics here jump right in and don't even let people tell what they feel. As soon as something is written they call it a hoax or SP or Night Terrors or on occasion make fun of them. Why I ask can't you just let people write and just listen and put some effort into trying to confort them?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
what part of his post mentions paralysis??

I couldn't really move, I could not speak or call out to my parents, which slept in a room right across from our room, for help. I felt powerless.

i'd fall asleep shortly after within 5 maybe 10 minutes.

If any of you were paying attention you could see the classic signs all thru his post. I am very open minded and do not enter any thread as a skeptic but it was quite obvious that in this case we are dealing with sleep paralysis/night terrors.

If someone were standing in your room would you really just fall asleep after a few minutes. He is obviously waking up with sleep paralysis, seeing these figures in a half dream state and then falling back asleep.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

One thing that is disappointing to me is the skeptics here jump right in and don't even let people tell what they feel. As soon as something is written they call it a hoax or SP or Night Terrors or on occasion make fun of them. Why I ask can't you just let people write and just listen and put some effort into trying to confort them?

he told people how he felt by intitially posting in a long and detailed story in a public forum know to have both sides. and i honestly believe that even the "skeptics" are trying to comfort him. wouldnt it be more comforting to know that what happened to you is possibly a natural brain function that occasionally happens than that some strange being from another world(hell or even another human being!) was violating you?

i've felt sleep paralysis before and it's not fun at the time.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
First off it's not obious.

None of us can tell him/her if these were abductions, night terrors. or SP. However, we can listen and see what kind of things happened and what marks etc. the person has gotten.

I hate to inforn you but abductions can also happen like this and yes you can go off to sleep just as fast and if not faster then he/she described.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

One thing that is disappointing to me is the skeptics here jump right in and don't even let people tell what they feel.

Oh, bullcrap. The post was long and detailed, and provided ample opportunity for the OP to express how they felt about the situation. And when the description became an almost classic case of night terrors, we "skeptics" offered our opinion, which we were asked to do.

When the police are interviewing a person after they've been involved in a car wreck, they don't ask them how they feel about the wreck, either. It's not relevant. From the description, we assume that the night terror episodes sucked, as most people who have had them will tell you.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Why cant people who repeatedly have these experiences set up a video camera in their room before they go to sleep? It’s interesting that whether you think its sleep paralyses, abductions, or night terrors in all three you can’t get up and touch these "figures". This would prove that one, you're having SP or night terrors (dreaming), or two, the figures are indeed very real. I don’t want this to happen to me because whatever it is its terrifying but if it did happen you can bet your ass I’d set up multiple video cameras in my room and turn them all on before I went to sleep every night.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

I second sleep paralysis, he said " Because I'd have an indescribable feeling. I couldn't really move, I could not speak or call out to my parents," I have also experienced it and you described almost the same thing I went through except I was hallucinating about something else, not dark blury figures.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Why cant people who repeatedly have these experiences set up a video camera in their room before they go to sleep?

Budd Hopkins, in his latest book, "Sight Unseen," has finally come to the conclusion, as many UFO researchers have before him, that this stuff is a lot more complicated than he previously thought. It's not just a simple matter of ET aliens conducting breeding or DNA experiments on people. There's literally a whole 'nother dimension to consider. Even if "real," these interactions take place apparently take place outside of regular time, so having a video camera set up doesn't show anything. These things (entities) can swoop down on you in the few seconds while you're walking to your car and (if they want to), put you back before you get to it. In the same way, they can grab you for only for what seems like a few minutes to you, but ends up being several hours of "real" time.

Not in this case, though. Pretty much sleep paralysis/night terrors.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

blaine I like that logic but there is one flaw.

Maybe there are three different occurance that people have. SP, Night Terrors and Abductions/experiences. I would think at some point in each person life they will know which is there occurance.

SP and Night Terrors are the same thing. I concede that abductions are possible but the OP's description could have come from a textbook.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join