It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello - I'm new and I a story to tell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, you should be able to videotape them if they do indeed interact with you in this world, (don't know too much about other dimensions and such). If they have to physically be in our world even for a few second to "take" you then they should be visible unless they have a way in which they don't reflect visible light while in our presence.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well, you should be able to videotape them if they do indeed interact with you in this world, (don't know too much about other dimensions and such).

That's just the problem. They don't. They interact in a separate area of reality, and they don't show up on video. They could abduct you with people standing right next to you, and the people wouldn't even be aware of it. All you get are some odd memories, a kind of hyper-spatial "jet lag," and maybe a few marks or bruises that appear out of nowhere. It's a puzzler, all right.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
It's a puzzler, all right.

No kidding. I recall watching a show about abductions sometime ago and this man who said he was regularly "taken" recalled one of these instances. If I can remember correctly he said he was sleeping with his wife and was awaken by an intense white light emanating from outside his window, he said he felt the usual feeling as if someone was watching him. He got up, opened his window and began shouting to them to leave him and his wife alone, he said he didn't want his wife to get involved and hurt, this went on for a few minutes according to him until they finally left. Funny thing is, none of his neighbors recall seeing any bright lights or hearing him shout, his wife who was in the very same room didn't wake up and couldn’t remember anything unusual about that night. It appears there is no safety in numbers.

Personally I’m somewhat of a skeptic when it comes to abductions but some cases are just hard to explain, and I don't think all those people are liars, so who knows...

[edit on 4-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Budd Hopkins, in his latest book, "Sight Unseen," has finally come to the conclusion, as many UFO researchers have before him, that this stuff is a lot more complicated than he previously thought.

finally? or until someone comes up with another reason this is wrong. it just seems that the excuses why we can't prove this are the only things that become more complex and not the real reason why.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just where is a 8-12 year old (the age the OP stated this happened) supposed to get a video camera to tape something like this at night? Or should he just tell his parents "oh, I have to tape me sleeping so I can know if I'm being abducted in my sleep, or if someone is watching me."

[edit on 8/4/06 by ishari]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This only happens to 8 year olds? Don't think so. I know not everyone has the same things but when I was 12 we had a camera and I could have set it up by myself if I wanted to.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ishari
Just where is a 8-12 year old (the age the OP stated this happened) supposed to get a video camera to tape something like this at night? Or should he just tell his parents "oh, I have to tape me sleeping so I can know if I'm being abducted in my sleep, or if someone is watching me."

[edit on 8/4/06 by ishari]

my nephew is 11 and he'd want to do just that. i give kids these days a lot more credit. being as they are growing up with the technology we have today that isn't too out there.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
very interesting account can you describe what these figures were wearing it might better help to clear up what they are.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShalaMedic

I never have ever really mentioned this to my parents or brothers or even other family members and I'm thinking of telling them soon but I feel just weird if I do.

Perhaps you should try talking to your brothers first and ask them if they remember anything like this happening to them.

They might surprise you.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
When you are young, newborn to roughly around the age of 14, your brain produces large amounts of '___', a neurotransmitter and one of the most potent hallucinogens known to man. As puberty sets in the pineal gland begins to calcify and the production of '___' slows as you age. No, I'm not saying you were halucinating the incidents, just perhaps more acutely aware of things beyond the normal visible spectrum. There's more to the mind's eye than meets the eye

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It isn't unheard of for young children to experience alien activity. And what was said about them operating 'outside' of our reality may be spot on.

When my sister was a few years younger she had an imaginary friend who she would tell everything to and play anything with. At nights however she would lay in bed literall screaming that he was hurting her or cutting at her.
The fact that me and my mum could wake her up (actually awake. Not sleepwalking or anything, fully conscious) and get her to talk, even while she still screamed that he was doing it, was pretty disturbing.
And then one day she said that she fell out with him, told him to leave her alone and he went home.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This only happens to 8 year olds? Don't think so. I know not everyone has the same things but when I was 12 we had a camera and I could have set it up by myself if I wanted to.

I was trying to make this specific to the OP. And a lot of people still don't have equipment like that, and those that do probably wouldn't let their kids play with it unsupervised. Or maybe I'm just showing my age and trying to think logically.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, I wasn't specifically referring to the OP, if "abductions" are so widespread and happen to all ages then surly someone must have thought to set up a video camera? I cant imagine this being that much of an original idea.

[edit on 5-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ishari
Or maybe I'm just showing my age and trying to think logically.

well, you are just showing your age and not realizing that kids these days would probably do something like this. kids with cell phone cams have helped solve crimes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join