It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want 1% proof!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

Originally posted by CalmStateOfMind
Exactly. I mean really, you're telling me that out of all of the sightings of aliens, there isn't one jackass alien that has landed and tinkered around?

Rendlesham Forest

I would also add:

Zamora Landing

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
i just dont see any evidence to support it.

Okay, there is your problem right there. You are looking to see something? See what exactly? Or better yet, what if you could actually hold something that is of ET orign. Would that convence you? But how would you know it is of ET orign? It would likely be the story behind the artifact that you "believe", right? And how do you know if the story would be true?

Originally posted by thesneakiod

And as for the tons of footage out there,
ive become a sceptic due to the mass of hoaxes and extremely shaky
videos we've seen over the years that doesnt help matters much.

Make no mistake. There are a ton of hoaxes out there. I would say the ratio of Hoaxes/Misidentified Objects to Actual ET events is something like 1000:1.
But that does not really matter, what matters is the 1. The one that is real. Don't let the "noise" fool you.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
This is what made me go like that, but I know anyway without any footage that they are here:
media.putfile.com...

this looks like a ball lightning
if you look at the previous frame you can see a ligtning blasting on the ionosphere and the ball seems to came from that spot...then its attracted by earts gravity ... just an opinion

There is something interesting going on in this video in the center where the object emerges from. Kind of like looking at heat waves on the highway. If ships do come here from other stars, they ain't getting here the old fashioned way.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon
ok you dont like trek, here you have more theories:

en.wikipedia.org...

and btw. star trek and science fiction is often based on scientific research. actually some scientists also write science fiction.

Agreed, they are all possible theories. And sorry, I wasn't trying to poke fun at Star Trek.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
trapped soul

good video! i never saw that one before and i still don't know what the hell it is. all i do know, is even if this is science fiction, it's at least science fiction that makes me want to pay the admission fee.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I don’t know if this site has been posted in this thread because I didn’t read through the whole thing... but IMO www.sonorasightings.com... is one of the best sites on the internet when you want to see "UFO" video clips.

To me, the videos posted there are at least 1% evidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

and btw. star trek and science fiction is often based on scientific research. actually some scientists also write science fiction.

Yea, seriously...I mean, The Incredible Hulk really did exist...riiight. Lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The way I see it is that any government knows damn well that there are "others" out there. But of course they have to deny it. If they didn't can you imagine the panic it would create. There would be people trying to get away in their thousands ( to go where???), looting, murder, unrest, total chaos. I, for one, firmly believe we are not alone and I don't need prove.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Some video clips are great evidence that really make you wonder. Others are
laughable that routinely get debunked on this site. I think that if you say to your self
that i believe 100%, you open your self up to be fooled into anything
Even in your heart of heart you have to have some doubt, unless you have
actually had an experience (to those people no proof is needed)
To everyone else you simply dont know.

every couple of years a great event comes along, the revelation a few years
back when the mexican govement confirmed the existence of UFOs is a good one.
It was all over the world on all major news networks. Even though the news item
got pulled by most of them a few days later, it was still there for all to see.

What did the majority of the world do? A collective 'meh'
Why? Why are most people unwilling to believe when the 'truth' gets presented
to them on a plate? Most poeple are open minded, but most use logic instead
of fantasy.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
if we found out aliens are real(which i think they are) it wouldnt really bother me cuz most of my life ive suspected that well make first contact or theyll make contact with us in my lifetime

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Since when could "proof" be a percentage

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Since when could "proof" be a percentage

Ive already said that was the wrong way to put it.
read my earlier posts its not hard to go back a few pages before posting a
pointless lazy post.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Have you not realised that man as a species in general does not need any proof whatsoever to believe even the most outrageous, ridiculous claims.

Look at religion for example, what proof is there for any religion? None whatsoever, yet look how many billion people around the world follow, even live their whole lives by the rules of, some kind of organised religion.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CalmStateOfMind
Ok. I want somebody to answer this question with an actual good reason, and then I'll believe that there are "aliens" that float around us. If aliens travel from wherever they are, guessing it's lightyears away in thier disc shaped shuttles, after making the shuttles, coming all the way here, and then getting inside our atmosphere, hoving just above our land, why has not one ever landed??? Why would they come all the way here just to hover and then leave about 3 minutes later??? Exactly. I mean really, you're telling me that out of all of the sightings of aliens, there isn't one jackass alien that has landed and tinkered around?

You are right. Lannded alien spaceships are not really common. Having some sitting on support frames in secret facilities, seen some hitting the ground, but none has landed, seeing aliens coming out of it usinng door or hatch.

Because aliens live under ground, their spaceships teleport to its base, perhaps aliens come out through its wall, or just walking through the craft.

What if these crafts are never parking anywhere, due to any spy attack from other aliens? Imagine that after use, they are being destroyed, then rebuilt before use.

What if a spaceship builds itself around an alien whenever he wants to use it, then it simply becomes nothing after use?

This could also explain why people see so many Greys naked, helpless creatures, without large spaceships or armory nearby. Also explains how Lacerta came to surface from 3OO KM away, how she teleported back. Alone.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Thymus]

Toc

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by T_Nexis

en.wikipedia.org...

Agreed, they are all possible theories. And sorry, I wasn't trying to poke fun at Star Trek.

Have you noticed how much of the sci-fi stuff is all the conventional way of travelling. Engines, warp, wormholes and the like. What if space travel was a mix of tech/mind/thought? This would explain a lot of the sightings where spacecraft would materialize out of nowhere. Most of the spacecraft probably have multiple propulsion systems, one of high speed and one of low speed.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As an alternative, you could always buy a beer at an American baseball game, as it is often 1% proof. (cha ching)

In any case, I think it is important to research this issue for a many many hours before deciding where we stand in the proof category. There is a lot of anecdote, and cross-referenced debunking and so forth. There are 3 to 4, as I see it, main competing storylines out there, and the communities are constantly poo-pooing each other.

Personally, I take the stories into account for any future compatibility, but mostly focus on the phenomenology.

Have you heard about that case where a bunch of policemen in Northwestern Ohio spotted a large craft (rectangular or triangular) floating around? The fact that one of the cops stayed in the office overnight to write up a report struck me as fairly convincing that he wasn't a hoaxer. I'd check that story out if you can find it.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
As an alternative, you could always buy a beer at an American baseball game, as it is often 1% proof. (cha ching)
[edit on 4-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

WRONG. If it's 1%, it's 2 proof. The "proof" is double the alcohol. Thus, 80 proof whiskey is 40% alcohol.

But, yeah get a beer at the ball game. Go Cards.

Sportz Tawk

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toc
Have you noticed how much of the sci-fi stuff is all the conventional way of travelling. Engines, warp, wormholes and the like. What if space travel was a mix of tech/mind/thought? This would explain a lot of the sightings where spacecraft would materialize out of nowhere. Most of the spacecraft probably have multiple propulsion systems, one of high speed and one of low speed.

Spacecraft materializing or visualy stealth with an On/Off switch? The US is currently attempting to create technology that visualy will make a plane invisible, not entirely you can still see an outline apparently. I have been researching this subject for a short while now and it's getting harder to find info, which tells me that the US is in good progress of the tech.

Here's on link to some info www.newsmax.com...
(Sorry I don't know how to make that "Tinyurl" thing)

Anyway what I HEARD was that an aircraft would be covered with a layer of extremely small photoenhanced cameras. So the underside of the plane will portray what is above it (the sky) all the while the top of the craft will show the ground. Only a small outline of the plane is apparent.

The Brits have also jumped on the this with a program called Chameleon, but that information is also hard to come by.

As for using the mind? Well, how else do they create these crafts. No, I know what you mean, Humans only use 10% of there brain, what happen if we used 50 or 80 or 100? Probably materialize and re-materialize somewhere else, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Check your U2U's.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It seems alot of people are starting threads on this topic without replying
to this one. Its a blatent attempt to harvest more points.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join