It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best way to hold a seance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hello,

I was wondering what the best way to conduct a seance was? And is it possible to hold a seance without a medium (the room in which I wish to hold it is most possibly "haunted").

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
I was wondering what the best way to conduct a seance was? And is it possible to hold a seance without a medium (the room in which I wish to hold it is most possibly "haunted").

Oh, you don't need a medium, although it's a good idea to have somebody be the designated spokesperson, so any answers you get aren't all jumbled. A good spirit board is a nice tool to have, even a cheap OUIJA board from the toy store will work, although a pendulum board can work better with a larger group.

There are plenty of websites that will show you how to set it up. Sitting around a big table is good. Dark lighting so people can concentrate. All that stuff.

Just be careful about demons. They're on the lookout for inexperienced people to open a doorway for them, and they'll lie and sneak their way into reality if you don't catch them and send them off first. Then you'll end up getting to try an exorcism! (Although you might want to call in a pro for that.)

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wait, how do I prevent demons from breaking into my seance? It sounds like I really should look into keeping that from happening.

Thanks for the information.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Hello,

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

-- Boat

Best Way - Copious amounts of Alcohol, some of your best friends and maybe watch a couple of scary movies first......

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I too am interested in how to hold a seance. But I am not sure that is what I want. I read in the Bible that you can invoke spirits from the dead but I don't know if that is the same and a seance.
If it is biblical, which it is, then why shouldn't we all be able to invoke any spirit to which we would like to contact.
I need more information, not unlike you.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The best way to hold a seance is.......not to.

These things can become very dangerous IMO and should not be played with.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Hello,

I was wondering what the best way to conduct a seance was?

-- Boat

Dont

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Some thing just shouldnt be messed with.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I agree with the above two posters, they are not something to be taken lightly.

But if you are serious about holding one, i would recommend reading everything you can get your hands on regarding the subject.

Again please don't do this lightheartedly, its not a game.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the information...

What can happen that makes a seance a danger? Thanks.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
it tell you but its just to graphic.

i remember a story about this guy that sold his soul to the devil,and got like all these powers an nobody knew how they got them. but like 20 years later or something when his "time expired" he went in the room. an his students"he was lik e a teacher" tried to get him out an the door locked in his was scream like someoone was ripping him apart..........in the morning when the door somehow opened all his blood was all over the walls an body parts where everywhere.
the devil left with his soul

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

-- Boat

Dangers? Without being to dramatical, try Demonic possession.

Whether a supernatural or psycholigical event...not very nice .

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Wait, how do I prevent demons from breaking into my seance?

You can't. You cannot move into a city, leave your door open at night expecting your house not to get robbed. Well, perhaps you could but that would take a level of naivety I've never witnessed before. It's not scare tactics, rather the reality of the process.

What are you trying to accomplish?

-- Boat

As a survivor of one who issued the challenge for anything (devil included) to show himself, it does happen. It is a hell on earth and hope no-one else has to go through it.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Derren Brown showed that many accounts of spirits are merely the mind laying tricks. Similar to a Ouiji board our subconscious makes us push the glass without realising,

But then again I have heard many stories of spirits causing havoc in the lives of the 'players'. A story a while back showed a van driver and his friends who had played in a van depot, on his way back he claimed the steering wheel moved and turned to the opposite side of the road as if dragged.

In my eyes is it truly worth the risk? Fact or fiction you really haven't got to much to gain from the experience...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Wait, how do I prevent demons from breaking into my seance? It sounds like I really should look into keeping that from happening.

It would probably be a good idea to get your hands on some protective spells or talismans. Mirrors are good. The Chinese use them to keep demons away. But it's tricky. Not all talismans or spells work on all demons. And sometimes it's really hard to tell a demon from just your average free-ranging spirit, because they'll lie to you and pretend to be benign.

If you believe in the Bible, Jesus did an awful lot of demon conjuring and exorcism, along with necromancy. One technique he used to get rid of demons was to transfer them into animals, and then kill the animals. He did that once with pigs. He also used stronger demons (Be'elzebub, in particular), against other demons. But you can see the obvious dangers associated with that.

But, hey, I'm an optimist. There aren't really that many active demons around. Chances are pretty good you won't cross paths with any. So I say go for it. Practice makes perfect. Get used to handling regular entities, and maybe you'll get good at dealing with demons. There could be good money in that. Many opportunities for the acquisition of wealth.

Good luck.

P.S. -- As the sociologist Emile Durkheim noted and others have suggested here, it doesn't matter if demons or possession are "real," as long as they are real in their consequences. Some people are more suggestible than others. Others, when put in such an unusual situation, see it as a way to freely express things they ordinarily keep hidden, and blame it on demons. But it doesn't matter. The effects are real enough, and that's all that matters.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
The best way to hold a seance is.......not to.

These things can become very dangerous IMO and should not be played with.

The only "spirits" hanging around to communicate with US, are NOT going to be anything you want to envoke.

Spirits, or souls after departing from the body either go to the Lord God, or elsewhere.

The demons that communicate through divination are nothing more than demons. They will disguise their true self & purpose, in order to obtain some amount of trust by you. They'll lead you to the lies that satan himself told Eve.

I would recommend NOT talking to "the dead".

If you're looking for spiritual guidance, I would suggest you talk to God himself.
He'll tell you ONLY the truth.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
If you believe in the Bible, Jesus did an awful lot of demon conjuring

Where did he conjur a demon?

and exorcism,

He did drive out demons.

along with necromancy.

Although he raised a man from the dead, he did not do so through magick.

One technique he used to get rid of demons was to transfer them into animals,

The demons asked him to do this:

Matthew 8:31
"The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs."

and then kill the animals.

"He said to them, "Go!" So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water." - Matthew 8:32. Whether he drowned them or they drowned themselves is not known. Knowing how ineffective a demon would be inside a pig, it looks like they were looking for an alternate release than expulsion or destruction.

He did that once with pigs. He also used stronger demons (Be'elzebub, in particular), against other demons.

Where?

(Jesus speaking here) "If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you." Matthew 12:26

[edit on 2-8-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
honestly, i wouldnt bother with stuff like that.

if i spirt is petty enough to hold onto a room or something it is most likley one of low vibrations and more likley to do bad things

i dont want to retard or halt you with what youre doing in any way. Just thought to throw in my 2c.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
boatphone,

I agree with the NO's !

and stay away from that bloody ouija board too !!!

no good will come of that !

I'd find meditation or the silva method
to expand use of your right brain.

goodluck

toasted

new topics

top topics

join