It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Castro will die soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Supposedly he's recovering. I doubt that. He is the type of man who would be vido taped and say words of encouragement to his followers and to the world.

I have theories here. Either he is well, and is doing this for attention...he doesnt get enough....

OR.... He is unable to speak

OR...he's dead and if he is, it wont be easy to find out for awhile- They know if they make this public, all hell will break lose.

So, we have to wait. Word is Florida is that he might be dead (this comming from people who reside in Cuba via telephone calls to relatives in Miami)

Time will tell.

Also a little trivia; The people of Cuba do not like Raul. He is not the charismatic character that Fidel is/was, and that in itself would cause some problems.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Could you be seeing a civil war in the case, or a cry from cubas' people for help??

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
Could you be seeing a civil war in the case, or a cry from cubas' people for help??

no,

Cuba will stay communist but will become more open and may imbrace capitalism like China. America will give aid, but they will not push for removing communism due to the fact it will cause so many problems in South America and with China too (who give economic aid to Cuba).

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
hey so, well that is innteresting, I just have this fear that the country could be then over taken, by radicalist, russian activist, or something to just have a huge upper hand on a possision to attack the USA... is this possible?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

hey so, well that is innteresting, I just have this fear that the country could be then over taken, by radicalist, russian activist, or something to just have a huge upper hand on a possision to attack the USA... is this possible?

no, moderates will take control.

why would russian activists take control? i thought the USSR broke up :S and i think you need to understand that i doubt Cuba will be used to attack America...the Cuba missle crisis was many moons ago (you need to stop being paranoid)

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
ook ok, thanks infinite, I am trying ok

so then, the fall of cuba comunism could happen to better the USA, I just hope it happens well and easily.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

so then, the fall of cuba comunism could happen to better the USA, I just hope it happens well and easily.

Why would it be better for America?
Please tell me your not looking for another star in your flag? but seriously, i really don't know why a non-communist Cuba would be better for America

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i meant that in the act of cuba not being a threat

I know its people are well and do not hate the USA

the fact was that, if cuba was no longer comunist, there would be no inherit risk of attack or future threat to national security, and also on the markets of drug smuggles and so on that Cuban peoples regulate.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

i meant that in the act of cuba not being a threat

ermm...how?

please explain
their military isn't as powerful as America

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Iam sorry again, In the idea that Cuba was given the means to attack the USA, I just have a huge feeling that a country like cuba untouched, and out of control could be easily over taken by anyone truly.

The USA would not stand for it, but that is threat I mean.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I just have a huge feeling that a country like cuba untouched, and out of control could be easily over taken by anyone truly.

I think you've been watching FOX too much.
Cuba is no threat and i doubt it ever will be.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I think I see a potential for a battle over whether or not Cuba remains communist once it becomes unstable, which I think will happen once Castro leaves power.

Does that not constitute a threat?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I'm sorry but I think I see a potential for a battle over whether or not Cuba remains communist once it becomes unstable, which I think will happen once Castro leaves power.

Does that not constitute a threat?

Unless you consider immigration a threat, cause its likely that Cubans will continue to leave for America.

There won't be a battle over it i.e civil war when Castro goes. Plus America has been told to keep out of Cuba. The EU would like to see a democratic Cuba, but the EU will not try and create any movement due to the fact it will create problems in that area and South America.

Plus China has taken an interest into Cuba (due to the communist link) and the American administration would not want to upset the Chinese.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It dosn't matter if castro dies. The qustion is will the communist regime in cuba survive without is charasmatic leader?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I really think everyone is underestimating the relationship that still exists between Cuba & Russia. There is a Russian interest there, with the demise of Castro, it will be interesting to see if it surfaces, but I don't think you can rule it out.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
hey infinite, I totally respect and know you know what you are talking about, i just was curious of the possibilties and such

but who knows ya know

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join