It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Castro will die soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Castro Surgery

news.yahoo.com

HAVANA -
Fidel Castro, who has wielded absolute power in Cuba for nearly half a century, remained out of sight Tuesday after undergoing intestinal surgery and temporarily turning over power to his brother Raul.

The surprise announcement that Castro had been operated on to repair a "sharp intestinal crisis with sustained bleeding" stunned Cubans on the island and in exile, and marked the first time that Castro, two weeks away from 80th birthday, had relinquished power in 47 years of rule.

On this island 90 miles south of Florida, people went about their business as normal on the streets of Havana early Tuesday, standing in line for buses to school and work, and jogging along the city's famous Malecon seawall.

It seems Castro is very sick, and power is shifting to another persons hands.

What is going to happen, Castro is an old man, if he dies, Cuba is his brothers.

So what do you gusy feel about this, is it really going to be a probkem with Castro out of the picture?

[edit on 1-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
He may already be dead and they're just covering it up to buy some time to figure out what to do. I mean he's apparently never given up control to anyone, but he's had worse problems than a bit of surgery before.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ah, my first thought was ..... hopefully

HOWEVER, honestly, Cuba has been rather predictable with his presence, maybe not the most U.S. friendly, but hey, the U.S. did try to kill him for cryin' out loud.

Anyway, as the old saying goes, the devil known is sometimes better than the devil unknown......

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes, GI bleeds are serious and although Cuban MD's are excellent this person is of advanced age and as such is at risk more than a younger person. GI bleeds that require surgery are rare and are treated with meds most often.

Those that are chronic and require "opening the bonnet" are in an advanced state. There can be many causes... number 1 - the "Big C" - and resection sugery can fail. I'm of the opinion that Raul will be "flying the plane" from here on out.

Victor K.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I can only hope and pray that the devil has already taken him to his reward

BTW, there's already another thread on this- hey, but the more the better.

I can only hope he suffers like he made so many suffer. Tit for tat.

Without an "illegal invasion" i'd back Bush on this one. Get rid of the fat little brother too. I want my country of origin to be free once and for all.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I heard something on the TV that the Venezuelan press is saying Castro is fine and recovering well, but I don't think they're any more trustworthy than the Cuban media anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
But remember, DJ, Castro has 9 lives.....he's come back from other problems...The day he dies justice will have been served to all Cubans. I've already heard from my family in Florida...they say the anticipation is killing them.

Shame that we have to wish a fellow human being (of sorts) to die. It doesnt feel right with me, nevertheless, i know God understands why millions of Cubans are happy.
Fidel has done his share of killing, including a cousin of mine for speaking up against him.
This is indeed a good day!

I would love to take my family to see Cuba one day soon.

DJohn, Meet you at the Copacabana ....Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl.....

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think it's a rather dubious behaviour to wish for the death of another, yet the Cubans in Little Havana, Miami, are throwing a street party. One woman who was interviewed is sure he is dead.

As a living witness to some of the miracles of modern medicine, my money's on him pulling thru.

That said, the media will be scrambling to update their obituary files, eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
DJohn, Meet you at the Copacabana ....Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl.....

I'd love to but the old toad will probably outlive us both!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sounds like it might be a good time to start a Dead Pool. One where we try to guess the date and time of his death, and the one who comes closest to it without going over wins. Not being a doctor, and not knowing anything about his medical condition, I predict that he will come through his recent operation fine, but be taken down by something else not long after. So I'll guess...

October 23, 2006, in the early morning.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
CNN has already shown clips as though he were dead.

The race is on....Who will get the story out first????

Djohn.... I dont know...i believe his time may be up. Even if he doesnt die, the time is perfect now to do away with his little tyranical regime.

I was going to post something else but lost my choo choo..... oh well...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
I predict that he will come through his recent operation fine, but be taken down by something else not long after. So I'll guess...

October 23, 2006, in the early morning.

If not now, sometime around September 16.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Bay of Pigs 2 here we come. I wish I could predict if and when Castro would die, but since I can't the only thing we can say is that he is in bad health and bad health leads to certain death, sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
He may be on his last legs but he could use some help. Perhaps if enough people trick him by sending him fattening cakes, pies, and other fattening food and wishing him well, he will hog it down and increase the deadly cholesterol building up within him. I believe this could kill almost anyone if given enough time. Maybe the US should give food aid as a good will gesture and instead of lean food, send all the fattening food we can. I can even think of a card to put on a big cake. Get well soon, eat and enjoy this cake. Even though it has addictive MSG and tons of fat, it'll taste great. Maybe we should even allow some fast food fattening restaurants to open up just for Castro to eat to his hearts content. That'll probably speed him along as well if he doesn't get indigestion first.

I wouldn't be surprised if the people in Southern Florida are celebrating a bit too early though.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
None too soon, if infact he is dying. My guess would be August 14th, 2006, followed shortly by popular uprising against brother Raul. who flees to Venezuala.

Then if the US is smart, given our lack of success with latin american countries in general, we will float low interest loans, then get the hell out of the way, and let Cuba find her own path.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by dgtempe

I'd love to but the old toad will probably outlive us both!
Who, your girlfriend???

Just kidding. Fidel is heavily into Santeria- and he has protection, so he says...i guess the devil promised him eternal life or something... I'm beginning to wonder just how effective that Santeria is...sure has worked for the old goat.

In any case he's failing and it wont be long now...i hope.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I really believe now he will die, it is time for him to leave, but it is ironic, last months issue of time magazine had castro as the survior, he is the only living non captured dictator, ya know the oldest, he is something special, but also a bad guy to i suppose

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nobody has "captured" him because he has nothing we want. That's why.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
www.upi.com...

I posted this on another thread but just in case you guys missed it - this tells of
a prediction that Castro would have his deadly reign; that it would last 40 years;
and at the end freedom would come to Cuba.

I thought it was appropriate for this thread since you are talking about his death.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
so is he now dead, i have been gone for a while guys.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join