It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I loved the fact that Charlie was flashing back to the best times of his life, and I really hope he doesn't die.

that was cool...

One thing that struck me though... didn't Karl recognise the blatant similarity between Danielle and Alex?

probably not...

i am surprised that sayid didn't know that karl had a gun on him...

sayid should have patted him down or something...

Originally posted by Vinadetta
Isn't the woman that Charlie saved in the alley the same woman that was having Sayid Tortured in her house by her husband? Let me know if this is correct.

nope, it wasn't her...

it was nadia, sayid's long lost love...

check my post a little above yours...

EDIT:

THIS THREAD NOW HAS 1000 REPLIES!!!

[edit on 17-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
THIS THREAD NOW HAS 1000 REPLIES!!!

In honour of this occasion I give you...

And for the ladies...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the see all

Do you realize that you were the 1,000th post on this lost discussion. wow.

Charlie is like your own little brother. When he was stoned, or looking to get there all the time you were disappointed, but you still kind of loved him. When he got clean, you were proud, but still had a feeling in the back of your mind that you could not trust him. Then he goes and man's up like he did last night. I was so proud of the guy, even when offered a way out, he still took the job needed to be done. When Desmond actually started talking to Charlie on the boat, I honestly thought Charlie would take the easy way out. I really
me off that Claire didn't notice the ring. I remember after the ring flashback, thinking Charlie should put in on one of his necklaces, and pretend like he was afraid of losing it, and give it to Claire.

Now my big question is if Desmond's future stays as it is how does Lost last to 2010. Charlie dies either being tortured by babes in underwater lair, or somehow drowning. I bet you being shot, really does not help you swim. Second part, does Claire and child get on a helicopter, and A die in explosion, or B get off island. Or is it C that the helicopter is actually an agent of the others, and she get kidnapped.

PS I also bet you that the second gun woman holding Charlie hostage is that girl he saved from being mugged.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

In honour of this occasion I give you...

niiice!!!

Originally posted by Royal76
the see all

Do you realize that you were the 1,000th post on this lost discussion. wow.

yes, of course...

I really
me off that Claire didn't notice the ring. I remember after the ring flashback, thinking Charlie should put in on one of his necklaces, and pretend like he was afraid of losing it, and give it to Claire.

i would be sad if charlie died and claire / aaron didn't retrieve the ring...

Now my big question is if Desmond's future stays as it is how does Lost last to 2010.

hmmm...

those flashes might not occur right after the other...

great question, though...

PS I also bet you that the second gun woman holding Charlie hostage is that girl he saved from being mugged.

she looks like cassidy to me...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
here is the trailer for the finale:

linky...

here is some stuff that i noticed:

- sayid / bernard / jin tied up...

- desmond with a gun (?) - maybe he is going to save charlie...

- the flashing yellow light that desmond said that he seen in his flash...

- someone pointing at a map with a radio tower on it...

and here is something that i made:

'Lost:' A Grand of Posts...

that blog entry has information about: this thread, the soon-to-be-changed purpose of this thread and the future of 'lost'-related threads...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In the clip it looks like Charlie gets tied up in a chair and totally bitch slapped!!! Maybe it was one of the two girls that we was in bed with the night after the show!!! I hope him a Desmond go in there an pull some serious Rambo stuff!!!!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well I'm glad Charlie didn't die, Atleast not yet. He probably gets to flick the switch next week in the last show, the losties get a signal and a helocopter gets Claire and Erin off the island. He finally got to kiss Claire and now this happens...rotten luck.

I'm also hoping Locke free's Jacob, they hunt down Ben and put a world of hurt on that boy.

I agree with those who say this episode was just a buildup for the final two hour show of the season.

I can't wait.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
lost: the answers airs tonight at 10pm (est)...

also, take a quick look at this:

lost star joins batman...

and, it would appear that, thetailsection.com won the hugo cup

beware of that site, though (they have spoilers)...

[edit on 17-5-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry to come in late but have to say Awesome episode. I to am glad Charlie hasn't died yet. He's went through alot (as has all of them asctually) to get to where he is now. I just don't get it though. Why does everyone on tv shows have to knock their bud out?

I would be pissed and hurt that Charlie hit me so hard with that paddle. Why couldn't Charlie just say NO!! Desmond I'm doing it. Thanks for all the information Theyseeall and congrats on 1000 post and counting

I like the way they excluded Locke from this episode and maybe until next season. Gives us something to think about for awhile. Is Locke gonna survive and is Jacob and Locke getting together or what? I don't think anybody is getting off the island, and I still don't trust Juliette at all.:shk:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Thanks for all the information Theyseeall and congrats on 1000 post and counting

congratz to us all...

check out my blog post about it, too...

I like the way they excluded Locke from this episode and maybe until next season. Gives us something to think about for awhile. Is Locke gonna survive and is Jacob and Locke getting together or what? I don't think anybody is getting off the island, and I still don't trust Juliette at all.:shk:

i hope we see locke in the finale...

and i think that they will get off the island alive (some of them at least)...

i trust juliet a little...

i wonder, though, how ben is able to meet up with jack and company (as seen in the finale preview)...

did sayid / bernard / jin tell them what their plan is???

or did charlie spill the beans???

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This finale is supposed to be a game changer. Every "insider scoop" I read strongly recommended avoiding spoilers for this episode because it will "ruin the fun."

I'm excited.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
This finale is supposed to be a game changer. Every "insider scoop" I read strongly recommended avoiding spoilers for this episode because it will "ruin the fun."

I'm excited.

hell yeah...

no spoilers for this episode...

even though i don't read spoilers, i can see why one would read them for any other episode but not the finale...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

i wonder, though, how ben is able to meet up with jack and company (as seen in the finale preview)...

did sayid / bernard / jin tell them what their plan is???

or did charlie spill the beans???

My theory: Danielle somehow contacted him offering the Losties for a chance to speak to Alex. I still don't trust Danielle, like her but not trust. I think she will have something to do with it.

And I have a feeling Charlie will press the button and then one of the Others there we will reactivate the jam and drown him.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
LOST: The Answers

A clip show aired last night called LOST: The Answers. It recapped what's happened thus far. There wasn't much in the way of answers but there were a few so here they are, courtesy of Lostpedia:

No spoilers, just answers to old questions. One of them mentions that the survivors are not in purgatory but are indeed somewhere in the space time continuum...... which means nothing. We are all in the space time continuum.

* The plane was brought down when the Swan Station's EMP fried the electronics due to Desmond's failure to enter the code in time.
* Ben retrieved news footage of the crash immediately when it happened.
* Locke is methodically destroying everything that may be used as an escape from the island.
* The survivors are not in purgatory. They are living somewhere in the space-time continuum.
* The Swan is confirmed as the most important station on the island.
* The term "magic box" is a metaphor for the entire island.
* If Desmond had not turned the key in the Fail-safe under the Swan station, the world would have ended.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

LOST: The Answers

A clip show aired last night called LOST: The Answers. It recapped what's happened thus far. There wasn't much in the way of answers but there were a few so here they are, courtesy of Lostpedia:

yupp:

lost: the answers airs tonight at 10pm (est)...

it will also air before the season finale...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I was dwelling on the show today while at work and got a flash of Locke riding out of the jungle on the smoke monster...

Now THERE'S a posse I'd like to see coming to my rescue

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I was dwelling on the show today while at work and got a flash of Locke riding out of the jungle on the smoke monster...

i will be happy as long as locke saves the day...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well I've been away for a bit...still reading the thread, just not posting. Getting married on the 27th, so I'm a bit busy.

At any rate, "Greatest Hits" was one of the most remarkable viewing experiences of my life. I'm not a big TV guy. I don't watch a lot. Basically, LOST each week, then some CNN here, a clip of Grey's Anatomy there, that's about it. But in my 28 years on this planet and in front of the boob tube, of even the movie screen, I've never felt truly sad.

And thats just how I felt on Wednesday night. I felt sad. Depressed even. Then I figured it out. I didn't want Charlie to die. That's a big deal for me. I mean, you've got to understand, I ALWAYS root for the bad guy, because bad guys are what make TV and movies good. A good bad guy is what makes you tune in to watch. Think about it. How long would this show have gone on had they not made the "Others" such a great group of villains?

But, that's just it, because I root for the bad guy I completely accept the story telling mechanisms that need to occur to move the story on in the direction it needs to go. It doesn't phase me. Character has to die to move the story in a certain direction? Kill him. No love lost here. I could care less. Doesn't phase me, even when I like the character. You might get a "that's a shame," but that's it.

Then this Wednesday happened. All night, I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want to lose him. His character has come so far, changed so much for the better, stepped up like a man for Claire, and I didn't want him to go. I actually cared for his character. I thought about how I'd feel not seeing his face in the background, making whimsical statements here and there.

I've never had writing for a television show that strong that I ever felt that way. I think the direction they took with the episode had a lot to do with it. Had Charlie been killed in a shock value way like when he had the arrow shot though his throat, I don't think I would have felt like this. But, they let us know from the onset he was a goner. Let us chew on that all night. Gave us time to realize just who we were going to lose. Gave us time to make up our minds on whether or not that mattered to us.

Brilliant. It was brilliant.

I can't wait for the finale.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So Juliet had the files on Claire cause she was pregnant and they were studying her and made her a test case when the plane first crashed. Remember Ethan was taking samples and injecting her with Juliets serum?

Juliet also had the files on Jack when he was captured last season and was actually reading them while he was in that room/cage before he did surgery on Ben.

Why doesn't Juliet tell Claire and jack they have the same father?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Well I've been away for a bit...still reading the thread, just not posting. Getting married on the 27th, so I'm a bit busy.

its okay...

and congratz again!!!

At any rate, "Greatest Hits" was one of the most remarkable viewing experiences of my life.

i like how you loved it so much...

And thats just how I felt on Wednesday night. I felt sad. Depressed even. Then I figured it out. I didn't want Charlie to die.

me too...

i am not a fan of charlie flashbacks, but i don't want to see him die...

But, they let us know from the onset he was a goner. Let us chew on that all night. Gave us time to realize just who we were going to lose. Gave us time to make up our minds on whether or not that mattered to us.

Brilliant. It was brilliant.

awesome words, really...

I can't wait for the finale.

as can't i...

Originally posted by mrwupy
Why doesn't Juliet tell Claire and jack they have the same father?

good question...

there's no real answer for that, yet...

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join