It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who reads Anne?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I admit that I am an avid Anne Rice fan and cannot wait for her new book, The Blood Canticle to come out. Does anyone else enjoy her books?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was a voracious Rice reader until grad school jumped up and bit me on the bum.. I have read the Vampire Chronicles thru Memnock the Devil and all the Witching Hour series as well. My wife just finished the latest Vampire book that she said crossed over into the Witches series and she said it was awesome.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I do, though somtimes it's trying wading through the gay stuff... I'm no homophobe, but jeez!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am a bigger fan of the stuff she writes under the name Anne Rampling. It is absolutely amazing! I also like her book "Violin".. it is probably the best book I have read in my entire life. I have never read a book where the imagery was so vivid.. really great stuff..

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I was a voracious Rice reader until grad school jumped up and bit me on the bum.. I have read the Vampire Chronicles thru Memnock the Devil and all the Witching Hour series as well. My wife just finished the latest Vampire book that she said crossed over into the Witches series and she said it was awesome.

Oh, she must have read Merrick. I'm reading that one right now but I never seem to have the time to finish it.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Does anyone know if "The Master of Rampling Gate" is out of print right now? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye

Originally posted by observer

Oh, she must have read Merrick. I'm reading that one right now but I never seem to have the time to finish it.

Yep yep, that one, Merrick. She said that it was her favorite of all the Vamp books.

As for "Mater of Rampling Gate" check out this Linky link

Hope this helps.

BTW, if you ever go to N'awlins you have to check out Anne's house, she has a giant creepy stone dog on the balcony. I saw her getting into her car while I was there. She is a strange woman. Last thing, her husband husband is an aweful poet!!

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Was her husband a terrible poet? Did you know he died about three years ago of a brain tumour?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Was her husband a terrible poet? Did you know he died about three years ago of a brain tumour?

I had no idea he passed away, it does not preclude the fact, however, that his poetry was wretched. And for proof of this you need only yo open one of Anne's older boks and read the poem that precedes the novel. they are all by her husband.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I never really bothered to read them. Maybe I should go back and do so.

top topics

join