It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Since Life has been created by a Power greater than ourselves, there would be no need for hate, faithlessness, hopelessness, non-charity, imprudence, non-fortitude, injustice, pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, or sloth. Only love, faith, hope, charity, prudence, fortitude, justice, humility, giving, brotherly and sisterly love, meekness, chastity, temperance, and diligence would rule each thought, action, and deed.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's in the process of coming and it is getting closer each second.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If it was going to occur, would not it have already occurred? Progression seems to me to be a human-term and not like a God-like-term. God was, is, and will always be.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The perfect religion? With the stance of most people i doubt that humanity can give birth to a religion without flaws and corruption.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
If it was going to occur, would not it have already occurred? Progression seems to me to be a human-term and not like a God-like-term. God was, is, and will always be.

Is this rhetoric? Are you trying to invoke a response to why it hasn't occurred?

The messiah sits on the throne already, but there are sheep not of this flock.

The times are yet to be fulfilled for a reason. See if your patience outlasts mine.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
to me the perfect religion is....

A symbiotic mix of all the major(and some minor) religions.

Growing up I was first Catholic and then branched out to see many of the other sects of Chrisitianity.. from there I learned more about the Jewish faith. Which, in turn, brought me to Rastafarianism(believe themselves to be the thriteenth tribe). From there I went to Hinduism.. and lastly to Bhuddism.

After my spiritual travels I have come to realize that they all have their truths and their shortcomings. Personally I have mized elements of all of them.. and have come to the realization that ALL these religions(if followed correctly) are but different roads to the same destination. But only if followed with the things that the author of this thread has mentioned

original quote by: GreatTech
Only love, faith, hope, charity, prudence, fortitude, justice, humility, giving, brotherly and sisterly love, meekness, chastity, temperance, and diligence would rule each thought, action, and deed.

those are the guiding principles to follow no matter what religion one follows(even if one follows NO religion at all)

just my $.02

thanks for your time

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
since Maria became a 'fertile' egg....

Mother Hen is just waiting for Her 'chicks' to get under Her Wings...

Here with the Playwright Jesus watching the 'Show'...

As the Groom awaits His Bride...

Lolove n luck n good sex/emotions/passion/health.... Ave Maria ! 8/9 is half way there to Christmas.. 138 day n 138 days to go ! [ 3/25 is day One ]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
georgejohn, if its been here, when? What happened to it? What thoughts, actions, and events took place to destroy the perfect religion?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
GT - such a thing as a 'perfect religion' would, by necessity, be totally infused and permeated with God's spirit in a way we would detect in some undeniable way not open for 'proof' matches!

But truly - religion is perfect when its dead and forgotten (or at least discarded).

Religion is for man - hoping to prove his personal piety to others (read: himself by way of in a mirror - IN HIS IMAGE - not God's - but other men).

God desires(requires from a willing soul) trust, loyalty, and reliance upon Him to carry us even to our 'hoar hairs.'

That's all.

Love, Honor, and Devotion.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
queenannie38, are you saying that religion cannot be "perfect" in earth-life and/or the Afterlife? If it were perfect in the earth-life, would we be experiencing Heaven? Is Heaven composed of a religion, Spirituality, and/or something else? I truly believe that Spirtituality is the highest plane an individual in earth-life can obtain and that many religions can be aids to obtain this, although the power of Spirituality is greater than the power of religion. Is there a single or multiple religions in Heaven? Is there a single or multiple Spiritualities in Heaven?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

and that many religions can be aids to obtain this

Not all religions place Jesus Christ as the only way of salvation. So I would very strongly disagree with this statement. If Jesus Christ is not the foundation, then it is false, and a deception and leads to death!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
dbrandt, what if a person was born Buddhist and this person never knew any other religion but performed good deeds throughout his life. His heart, soul, mind, and strength were very loving towards all. This person rejected evil and frequently thought of how he could honor God each day and performed these deeds. Would this person not escape death and live in Heaven?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don't know. I mean, isn't that what the whole point of Scientology is? It's not like you can stop ambition or that immense dirivetive of the forward thinkers technology as such, the Dianetics way of life merely leads followers directly towards logic. I'm a Catholic so what do I know right?... Of course, but there are too many Christian relgions out there that hardly does the baptism thing so there (I can't believe the decline of my relgion over in Europe).

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's like anything else in this world. It's something people have to want to have no corruption, and work to make it work. But it's never going to happen, and if it does. Some people will get upset, just because they'll think it's odd or the people in it may be hiding something about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

queenannie38, are you saying that religion cannot be "perfect" in earth-life and/or the Afterlife?

I don't think religion has a place or reason for being in 'the afterlife' (OR the-world-to-come).

If it were perfect in the earth-life, would we be experiencing Heaven? Is Heaven composed of a religion, Spirituality, and/or something else?

As far as I know, GT, heaven is composed of atmosphere and further out, the universe (dark matter and stars and company)...

Not to be a smart-aleck, but I don't really have a conception of 'heaven' anymore....I know there is a place souls go when they die - but I have come to understand it is not so much 'heaven' as it is more of a holding tank - until time to return. But I suppose that is what most people mean when they say 'heaven' although the word originally meant (even in the bible) the 'firmament' and also (esoterically) 'the lofty.' God is higher than we are - He is lofty. So His realm is the kingdom of heaven but that kingdom will not be manifested in the sky, but here on Earth.

I truly believe that Spirtituality is the highest plane an individual in earth-life can obtain and that many religions can be aids to obtain this, although the power of Spirituality is greater than the power of religion.

It may be a semantic thing, I don't know - but I don't see that any of us can expect to obtain a higher plane of Earth-life than anyone else - the plane we are all on is Earth-life. Some may be more intune to that which is not seen - but that's not a higher plane but rather more of a higher awareness, IMO.

Is there a single or multiple religions in Heaven?

None!

Is there a single or multiple Spiritualities in Heaven?

Truly - there is only ONE Spirit - hence, bottom line is that there is only one 'spirituality.' Regardless of names and cultures, all spiritually-oriented people are tuned into the very same life source (the living invisible God).

This is what dictionary.com says religion can be defined as:

re‧li‧gion  –noun

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
  2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
  3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
  4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
  5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
  6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
  7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
  8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow.
    —Idiom
  9. get religion, Informal.

1. to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
    2. to resolve to mend one's errant ways: The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just know there are ghosts in the world and miracles have happened to some people locally. For whatever reason, so there is a God, but no one knows for sure what God is or all these other questions. But if everyone finally gets along and reslove alot of bad behaviors and treatment of people, then things might start to get better. But it's not going to happen anytime soon, if you've seen the news.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There is not nor can there be one perfect religion. Religions for the most part are either created by or tremendously altered by men. The only things that will truly bring this world into harmony are love and acceptance. We need to love everything and everyone, accepting that they can believe what they want to believe. We were put here to learn, and not everyone can learn their lessons from one single religion.

I myself don't have a set religion, i just try to learn as much as i can from everyone. If people would spend more time listening to the teachings of their spiritual leaders (Jesus, Buddha, etc.) instead of killing in the name of them, then we would realize that love is the ultimate reality. When we learn to love, maybe we can finally put all of our religious differences aside, quit saying "my way is the only way to salvation", and realize that we are all one in the same and shall end up in the same place ultimately.

This is just what i know to be true. It's been with me ever since i was a child, but it hasn't been until now that i've realized what we (humans) are truly capable of. We have abilities beyond our wildest dreams that are all capable through love, i've started to notice this in myself. One day all shall see just what is possible through love.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That's the point, but since there will never be the least we can do is be respectful to each other. Please, don't get them confused.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
7Pan7cho7, there can be one perfect religion if God wills it, for everything is possible with God. Humans corrupt Divinity and therefore make the oneness that God has created corrupt in the earthlife. Afterlife beings are closer to God and therefore can worship God on a higher plane than any earthlife being. Afterlife religions have more power than earthlife religions since God is more present in the Afterlife than earthlife (God doesn't think in the limited 40 to 80 year average life span of humans but of the Eternal life span of all beings).

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'd guess that there are over 6 billion different variations of the perfect religion, as many as there are people. The great philosopher Lao Tzu said, " When people say they want to make the world a better place, I doubt that it can be done, because it is perfect already.'
If I don't believe exactly as you, that is to be expected since I am not you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join